PDA

View Full Version : Trailer is GONE

JBoden
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
If anyone happens to see my car trailer on the road - it has been stolen from the place I had it stored. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

18' H & H open pit car hauler with a custom tire rack (complete with a set of rain tires & wheels) Black in color with black wheels & stainless trim rings.

With all the expensive motorhomes and unsecured boats - why did they have to pick on my little trailer.

I had locks all over it - thru the wheels, on the tongue - you name it - it was locked. I had it stored at a high-security yard, complete with video survellance, electronic access, one-way in and out with a code. Never thought I had to worry about theft.

Now it's up to the insurance company. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SuperG
04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Dang guys!! Have they found the surveillance tape that shows the theft?

Twice Bitten
04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Jim,
Sorry for your loss! :mad:
Hope you filed a police report and had them out to look at the video. You will probably need to stay on top of the storage lot owner and the police. FYI, that section of the contract that says "not responsable for lost or stolen items" is bogus. Ask any lawyer!

One of my vendors had a trailer stolen from his warehouse, he was lucky and got it back. It was stolen by a group running a ring. They were going around and stealing trailers, repainting them, getting new titles and reselling them. The trailer place was in the Katy area. The only reason he got his trailer back was because he had marked the trailer with some numbers stamped into the bottom side of the trailer tounge. All of you trailer owners need to do the same!

Firme
04-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Jim, that is horrible to hear :( . I really hope they find who did it, and they get what they deserve. :mad: :chairshot :blast: :evil:

Admiral
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Jim, sorry to hear about this theft. Sounds like you went above and beyond to secure the trailer and some jerks still decided it was worth the risk. Hopefully the security cameras caught something useful although I've seen footage of expensive boats being stolen at night and all you can see in the video are headlights and the outline of a dually pickup truck. Very infuriating I'd imagine. Hope your insurance does you right on this loss amigo.

ORANGE CRUSH
04-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry Jim.

That really sucks!

cobrapace94
04-29-2008, 10:26 AM
That blows Jim. Has anyone looked at the security tapes? Good luck, your gonne need it.

gfcobra
04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I hate to hear that. You might look in Craigs list for the wheels they probably have no idea what they have. Good luck I hope it turns up. If you have a pictures of the trailer post them so I can refresh my memory.

Gary

93KingCobra
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim I hope they get them....

Evilcartman
04-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim.

backnblack
04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear that about that Jim. I hope the security tapes show everything.

Levi
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Who would of thought with that type of security, ready sorry to hear that Jim.

jimmysidecarr
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear that about that Jim. I hope the security tapes show everything.

Ditto! What a bummer! :(

msmap
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear, Jim.

03 cobra toy
05-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry to see this post !! That suck !! Jim if you need to use my trailer for VIR please give me a call.

JBoden
05-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Well here's the update - after an exhaustive "nation-wide" search, our wonderful law enforcement agencies have been unable to find my trailer (not surprized). My insurance company has now declared it a total loss and will be cutting a check for the replacement value (not including all the custom work I had done). :mad: :mad:

DAVID - Thanks so much for offering your trailer for the VIR event, you are an incredible friend. :eek:

I'm am so excited to be going back to VIR that I've already got my eyes on a replacement trailer.

TRACK DOGS UNITE!!!!

cobrabitn
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I hate thieves! :mad: :edmond:

Jim, I'm sorry about the trailer but am glad you had it insured so you could get another one.

ORANGE CRUSH
05-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Good luck on the new trailer Jim. :thumbsup:

SuperG
05-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Jim, I'm curious as to what happedned to the surveillance video...

JBoden
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Jim, I'm curious as to what happedned to the surveillance video...

The "bad-guys" were able to reach all the cameras and simply push them up so they were recording the sky. :mad:

mrpork
05-08-2008, 08:29 AM
The "bad-guys" were able to reach all the cameras and simply push them up so they were recording the sky. :mad:inside job?

JBoden
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
inside job?

No doubt at all - even the Sheriff said that to me as he fingerprinted all the cameras. :doubt:

Mrs TwiceBitten
05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Don't forget to keep checking Craigslist periodically...there are a couple of 18-ft car haulers on there right now. You never know if this person is dumb enough to list it there...sometimes you have to be your own detective.