PDA

View Full Version : Some video from MSR Cresson 3.1 this weekend including crash.

Exige
05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I have not pulled any of my video yet. This video is my instructor driving his N/A 190hp Lotus Elise with me in the passenger seat. I would watch the whole video as he is a great driver, but we do end up hitting a tire wall at the end. My neck is a bit sore this morning, but other than that everyone was fine. Also I believe Wayne Manor is in the video for a while. :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3128945232637856266&hl=en

I do have to say the this configuration at Cresson (3.1 miles) is insanely technical and more fun than any course I have been on. Talk about elevation changes... :D

On a side note I finally made it into Yellow with The Drivers Edge so I'm quite happy, still ALOT of things to work on though.

97CasperCobra
05-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry to see that Barry. :(

He clearly can drive that car like a mad man....but maybe I don't understand what all the jerking of the steering wheel is doing while going round the turn??? :dunno:

03 cobra toy
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Over heated tires bite back..... ;)

Exige
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Part of the problem is he was on Goodyear GS-D3 tires (280 treadwear) as his RA1's were shot. Had the RA1's been on the car he would have been much faster and likely not spun. He is a on the edge driver and it was just amplified by the slippery tires. I thought he did quite well until we hit the wall.

On a side note I babied that corner for the rest of the event.

SuperG
05-06-2008, 09:29 AM
...On a side note I babied that corner for the rest of the event.
I know exactly what you mean!! So...it looks like you are officially addicted to track...I'll look into therapy for you.

jimmysidecarr
05-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Part of the problem is he was on Goodyear GS-D3 tires (280 treadwear) as his RA1's were shot. Had the RA1's been on the car he would have been much faster and likely not spun. He is a on the edge driver and it was just amplified by the slippery tires. I thought he did quite well until we hit the wall.

On a side note I babied that corner for the rest of the event.

That looks like a VERY FUN TRACK! (except for the tire wall part :( )

As much sliding as you guys were doing, I'm surprised those tires hung in as long as they did! :eek:

They were definitely greased over at the end.

I've been debating mounting up a set of semi wiped street tires for a track session or two, just to finish them off.

It used to be a lot of fun sliding the car around. :D :p :bounce:

I don't know if they will let me run them though, since they are pretty worn.
Too bad we can't just run them to the cords, like we can with race rubber. :D

JoeJ
05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
This is Wayne Manor, subject in the Red White mustang. It was too hard watching Jeff slide around the track looking through by rear view mirror so I finally let him by so I could watch the show more easily in the front window.

Glad to see he did very little damage to the Lotus.

My CMC car was a handful too. For some reason while sitting for the last year the TFI module began an engine misfire and the 4 year old tires were VERY loose on left hand turns. The video just doesn't do justice to how yawed the car was turning left.

Anyway, great video, glad you posted.

:thumbsup:

Exige
05-07-2008, 05:23 PM
This is Wayne Manor, subject in the Red White mustang. It was too hard watching Jeff slide around the track looking through by rear view mirror so I finally let him by so I could watch the show more easily in the front window.

Glad to see he did very little damage to the Lotus.

My CMC car was a handful too. For some reason while sitting for the last year the TFI module began an engine misfire and the 4 year old tires were VERY loose on left hand turns. The video just doesn't do justice to how yawed the car was turning left.

Anyway, great video, glad you posted.

:thumbsup:
Wayne,

Your right, your car look worse in person than in the video. I thought you were going to loose it a few times because the back of your car was coming so far out. :D