PDA

View Full Version : filled up for $4.15 Thanks Bill Clinton! 8-D

2092CobraMadeIn98
05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Ahh let me step up on my "soap box" and lets get political in this forum!
http://michiganmustang.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/icon_tazz.gif
Alright now gas prices this high don't bother me. Honestly we should of done what the Europeans did 30 years ago, made more fuel efficient vehicles. I get 19 mpg in my ride and am satisfied with it, NO DOUBT! If you complain about gas prices here just think of the ones over seas, the ones that pay close to $6 a LITER for gas. Anyhow enough of that we are in AMERICA, the GREATEST PLACE in the WORLD!!!

The reason why I'm writing this is because of an encounter I had today at the fuel pump. Minding my own business fulling the tank up to a close $57 a lady on the other side commented to me 'you know if we never had this moron as a President, we'd still be paying a dollar for gas.' I then nicely said 'its your opinion.' She had a look on her face of this kid is a dummy. She said 'well its just because your young and you don't know anything.' Thats when I went onto my "im gonna change your mind mode."

I told her that 'what the eye looks at doesn't always mean its accurate', as I was standing there in my lawn care clothing of filth. I asked her if she knew alot about politics and she said 'yes.' I then told her 'that in 96 Clinton vetoed a bill that could of opened drilling of oil in the Arctic Refuge. If he would of done that prices would be a great deal lower. We'd have more than a million barrels of oil coming into play every day...seven days a week.' I also let her know that, 'that is more than we get imported from Saudi Arabia currently.'
She looked at me like I knew nothings and I was throwing stuff around. She then said 'its unbelievable that the young is getting corrupted.' I laughed and said 'you can do your homework on it.'
As I was putting the pump away I said 'want to talk about the war because I think there are GREAT reasons why we are over there.' And as I was opening the door to my car I said to her 'and ma'am next time you complain about gas remember your driving a brand new Chevy Tahoe.' and I drove off and left! there are some unbelievable people out there.

I know some won't agree with me but yeaa

SuperG
05-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Oh I agree with you!!! Way to go on challenging her...although that won't change her closed mind...

2092CobraMadeIn98
05-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Agreed with you on that! The ones I've encountered will never let you say a sentence but I let them talk...just how they can be....kinda sad to me. Although I do have liberal friends and we discuss some things and have awesome debates, but at the end of the day its their personal view. Even though I'm on the right side!ha

tazzracing1
05-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Well I guess it is time to bring the yugo out of mothballs. Na just kidding

Philcsag1
05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
The writing has been on the wall for almost 5 years now that ENREGY cost were rising faster then inflation and faster then the American paycheck.

My daily drivers use to be my F 250 with a PSD,(the MPG can vary from 9 to 23 mpg, usual average was 14/16) I need this truck for my side work as well as towing.

My wife was do for a new car, so we purchased a Jetta TDI, ( our mileage has been 32 to 46 with 38/40 being the average)
We now alternate vehicles I only use the F 250 when I need a truck, here daily commute is 6 miles so she use the F 250; 80% of the time.

But as Diesel has climbed to almost $5 @ gallon even 40 MPG cost way more the $1.75 @ 16 MPG
Gasoline and Diesel fuel have increased 3 fold this morning (5-16-2008) Diesel was $4.79@ gallon. Even at the 40+ MPG my Jetta TDI delivers the cost is 2 times great then it cost me 24 months ago to drive my F 250 PSD.

And it is not jut the cost of vehicle fuel that is chocking Americans the cost to heat a home has more then doubled in 5 years too.

So where does that extra $60 or $70.... $90, a week I now spend for fuel come from???

For me it comes from the cash that use to buy "fun"

Such as car mods / track events

Such as a cruise with my wife

Is it Bill Clinton's fault?

I wish I really knew.

Personally I believe the blame belongs to every American, from the mid 1980's as fuel prices dropped from the oil crises of 1973 and 1979 we began to drive bigger cars (the birth of the SUV)move farther from our work locations and build extravagant big homes.
I the late 1970's energy conservation was on everyone's mind, and it fell by the wayside, when energy was cheap we should have kept going forward on energy conservation but we stood stagnant.

The corporate CAFE standards are a prime example.

The dramatic rise in energy is hurting all of us, and it is crippling our economy, the only long term solution is to stay focused on energy conservation. For the LONG term solution.

2092CobraMadeIn98
05-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Phil I know what you mean. Think of the guys cutting lawns! I still think alot of Americans who complain about the high prices at the same hand careless. Point example the lady who was complaining was driving a new SUV. If she has kids then get a van because you'll get better mpg. My thoughts. Thanks for not bashing on anything also y'all. Great to know there are others that feel there is no need to bash on other peples thoughts.
Take Care

TheSandman
05-17-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm doing my part. I drive a Hybrid Shelby GT500;) .....it burns both gas and rubber!!!!!!!!:D I wish more people would buy Hybrides....It would mean more gas for MY passion!!!:thumbsup:

2092CobraMadeIn98
05-17-2008, 09:37 AM
AMEN! haha:thumbsup::bounce:

flynfink
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
[left]Is it Bill Clinton's fault?

I wish I really knew.

Personally I believe the blame belongs to every American, from the mid 1980's as fuel prices dropped from the oil crises of 1973 and 1979 we began to drive bigger cars (the birth of the SUV)move farther from our work locations and build extravagant big homes.
I the late 1970's energy conservation was on everyone's mind, and it fell by the wayside, when energy was cheap we should have kept going forward on energy conservation but we stood stagnant.

The corporate CAFE standards are a prime example.

Amen brother