PDA

View Full Version : A guy wrote this on a different forum...your thoughts?

2092CobraMadeIn98
05-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Figured it would be worth a laugh...what are your thoughts of his comments, like em or not?

Am I the only one that doesn't get it. Why does everyone keep talking about bigger engines for the 2010 Mustang. What is wrong with a 4 banger that gets 300 hp or a six that makes 400 hp in a Mustang.(way possible) Keep in mind that I am talking about those of us that use our Mustangs for daily driving that have to pay $4+/gal for gas. What would be so bad with a Mustang two seater that is 600 lbs lighter than current or even has an IRS. Come on guys, I am older than most of your parents. I am the original "more cylinders than gears" guy but even I can see change has got to come. Am I alone out here? Hello!

SuperG
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Ah, it's only an issue if you are against high gasoline prices!!

Although it is ironic that we see more and more powerful cars/trucks vs lighter, more fuel efficient vehicles while gasoline prices are rising...hopefully it doesn't turn into a '70's thing. Remember the Mustang II?

Philcsag1
05-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Figured it would be worth a laugh...what are your thoughts of his comments, like em or not?

Am I the only one that doesn't get it. Why does everyone keep talking about bigger engines for the 2010 Mustang. What is wrong with a 4 banger that gets 300 hp or a six that makes 400 hp in a Mustang.(way possible) Keep in mind that I am talking about those of us that use our Mustangs for daily driving that have to pay $4+/gal for gas. What would be so bad with a Mustang two seater that is 600 lbs lighter than current or even has an IRS. Come on guys, I am older than most of your parents. I am the original "more cylinders than gears" guy but even I can see change has got to come. Am I alone out here? Hello!I believe the original Author, is very on target.

I lived thru both the 1973 and 1979 oil crisis, odd even gas day and mandatory gasoline station closings on Sundays.

And do not laugh at the Mustang II it sold 384,000 units in 1974, a # which has not been exceed to this day!

No one wants the days of the 428 SJC , Boss 302,351,429 as well as the 5.0 which put the Mustang back on track in the 80's and 90's. As much as I do!!!!!!!

But the writing is on the wall.............. cheap gas is gone FOREVER.

Phil