PDA

View Full Version : loss of power

mrpork
05-25-2008, 04:52 PM
a little background. this morning i power washed my motor(going to car show)i made sure no water was down near the plugs. had a little on the last two blew them out. well when i went to put boost to her i was loosing power. i also had a funny noise coming out of the exhaust.what could this behttp://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smile/cwm14.gif

mrpork
05-25-2008, 07:09 PM
little update .i took her out after cleaning the mass air meter. she ran great,till she warmed up and then started to miss again .it is making a weird noise out of the exhaust like it is stuttering, a funny popping noise

Ram77mus
05-26-2008, 02:03 AM
after the water issue I would put a new set of spark plug in it (NGK TR-6 #4177 gap .32-.34) and see if that helps.

mrpork
05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
you think i could of screwed the plugs up?

Pro-Dyno
05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
If the water grounded them out it can create a short

:)

mrpork
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
If the water grounded them out it can create a short

:)could i of grounded out one of the coil packs and burned it out

Pro-Dyno
05-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Possibly but I would try the plugs first

mojo dad
05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Dan,
Two items-you've talked to my son Michael M. about me bringing my Cobra down for a tune. I will try to schedule with you once the $$ is available. Hopefully July.
Second, cleaning the engine bay. I am very nervous about doing that even before the issues in this thread. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Mark

mrpork
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Dan,
Two items-you've talked to my son Michael M. about me bringing my Cobra down for a tune. I will try to schedule with you once the $$ is available. Hopefully July.
Second, cleaning the engine bay. I am very nervous about doing that even before the issues in this thread. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Mark
FIRST AND FOREMOST DON'TUSE A POWERWASHER TO CLEAN YOUR ENGINE BAY:o

mrpork
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Dan,
Thanks, MarkDUDE WISE CHOICE FOR A TUNER. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND ANY TWO BETTER GUYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR RIDE. AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NEVER NEVER ENDS :thumbsup: . LOOK AT ME TWO YEARS LATER AND THEY STILL PICK UP THE PHONE BYE THE 3RD RING EVERY TIME I CALL FOR WHAT EVER REASON IT MAY BE.

mojo dad
05-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I have been told by my son, who has been to Dan several times, that I'm not allowed to go anywhere else. He says "don't give me excuses about the 8hr drive"...
I hope Dan get squeeze 500HP out of it.
Thanks for the advise on the engine clean. This makes me very nervous.

mrpork
05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
I have been told by my son, who has been to Dan several times, that I'm not allowed to go anywhere else. He says "don't give me excuses about the 8hr drive"...
I hope Dan get squeeze 500HP out of it.
Thanks for the advise on the engine clean. This makes me very nervous.talk to rob he will tell you what to get .he did that for me and i got 530/560 out of her