PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy???i have a question

ScreaminMystic
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
are you still running the stock 10 tooth spline on the transmission? Im putting in a spec 3+ but i want to know is it worth it to upgrade to the 26 tooth spline, when in wont be anything over 500hp/tq for at least a year. I cant find a 26 tooth spline in stock, liberty is on a national back order for 4+ weeks, and i can get the cobra back up and moving in 3 days if i just say screw it and go with the stocker.

jimmysidecarr
06-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep! Stock clutch(original), stock input shaft.

If you don't plan on doing any sticky tire hard hit hole shots and avoid wheel hop, you can run the stock 10 spline indefinitely. :thumbsup:

You can be fast without being abrupt. Smooth definitely works on the track, but it also saves parts.

ScreaminMystic
06-07-2008, 06:10 PM
well i dont do any drag racing, i dont even go to the track. I have a little fun on the road from a roll, no high rpm dumps, thats about it. I just have fun driving fast. If i could save the 250+ on the imput shaft that would be money spent elsewhere, ie cooling mods. So do you think that i could be safe for awhile on just a spec 3+ with aluminum flywheel and the stock imput shaft? Maybe even a spec 2?

jimmysidecarr
06-08-2008, 03:11 PM
well i dont do any drag racing, i dont even go to the track. I have a little fun on the road from a roll, no high rpm dumps, thats about it. I just have fun driving fast. If i could save the 250+ on the imput shaft that would be money spent elsewhere, ie cooling mods. So do you think that i could be safe for awhile on just a spec 3+ with aluminum flywheel and the stock imput shaft? Maybe even a spec 2?

The aftermarket clutch set ups don't have as much(if any) built in cushioning/damping that an OE disk does so they do engage more abruptly.

I still think that you will be OK, given your usage and driving technique, with the OE input shaft. It's not made out of glass, like some would think following the escapades of the drag race guys. :thumbsup: