PDA

View Full Version : TDE @ MSR Cresson

Larry95
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Who needs a track fix. Jim and I have signed up for MSR Cresson on July 12th/13th.

Exige
06-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I would go with you guys, but its going to be way to hot. I hear they are running the 1.7cw, which is supposed to be a fun configuration (the only one I have not run)

I am signed up with the TDE event at TWS on oct 4th/5th though, you guys should come out to that event.

Btw, how's the new car doing?

Larry95
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I am signed up with the TDE event at TWS on oct 4th/5th though, you guys should come out to that event.

Btw, how's the new car doing?Might make the Oct event also. Car ran good until the clutch gave out. King Cobra unit going in this weekend.

Exige
06-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Might make the Oct event also. Car ran good until the clutch gave out. King Cobra unit going in this weekend.Glad the car is working out for you, hopefully you can get that loose rear end worked out (if you have not already). If you run the Oct event I will be out there for sure as Im already signed up. I would register early to make sure you get a garage.

Bartman01
06-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Even if I have the car back together, I have to fly out that Sunday. Maybe next time.

97CasperCobra
06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm...I need a vacation and a track event fix. I'll see about putting in the time off, but I don't think it will fly b/c we're about to get REAL busy at work.

Larry95
06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
New clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and drive shaft installed. Car's ready to go. Just need to get the trailer hitch reconfigured for the "new" tow vehicle.(see other post)

Exige
06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
OK Larry you can tell me I told you so...

I went ahead and signed up for the Cresson event. I need some track time as I just finished a driving school at www.drivewayaustin.com this weekend and need to put into practice what I learned.

BTW, for anyone looking to learn some extra driving skills I highly recommend Driveway Austin. I came out with a lot higher confidence level and feel Ill be able to translate what I learned into faster lap times at any of the tracks I run in Texas. The first class (L1) is only $295 and you get quite a bit of on track time. Before you can move to the L2 class you need to complete ten 20 minute sessions which are $25 each. As a bonus you can run a the track anytime you like for $25 a session ($100 a day), almost like having a membership to the track without a membership fee.