PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite racing series?

blue92
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
What 's racing series do you follow faithfully year to year? Who's your favorite race car driver past or present?

In the 80s-90s I was a big NASCAR fan back in the day when they were actually running a car that was close to a stock car. Mark Martin was my favorite driver especially when IROC racing was alive and well.

nckissfan
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I am a racing nut. I love almost all the series.

NASCAR, I like Bill Elliott, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle
NHRA, don't really have a favorite, but love watching it
Formula 1, again no favorite, but love it
IRL, Tony Kanaan (T.K.)
CORR, Championship Off Road Racing, Evan Evans
Rolex Sports Car Series
American Le Mans Series

there isn't much I wont watch. I just like speed.

Bartman01
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Pretty much anything where there are both right and left hand turns on track. Nothing against the oval racing, just doesn't do it for me. Favorite right now is F1, but that is possibly because it gets the best overall coverage of any of them.

Miss having Michael Schumacher on track. Like most top drivers he was a royal arrogant bleep, but he could do some amazing things with the race car and was always fun to watch. With the exception of the farce of a US GP a couple of years ago he truly relished every victory. I don't see any of the current 'top' drivers starting in the back of the pack and fighting their way to a podium finish like he seemed to be able to do. It makes the championship more fluid, but no one is really standing out this year. Alonso is in a bad car, Kimi's heart doesn't seem to be in it, Massa is just too inconsistent, and Hamilton can't seem to stop making royally boneheaded mistakes after he was so consistent for the first half of last season (but he does have more podium finishes now after just over one season than many of the 'elders' still on the grid).

blue92
06-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm also diggin' John Force's 2 girls drag racing the funny cars with the Mustang paint schemes. Plus they ain't too hard on he eyes either. In the indy series I like Danika, she may not be the best driver but she's dammed amusing. She needs to learn some martial arts tho so when she starts a fight with the guys she can one-up 'em.

Admiral
06-17-2008, 08:01 AM
Been a NASCAR fan since 1979 when they fought in the infield grass. Been hoping Mark Martin would win a championship for 20 years now, and I even root for him driving that darn Chevy every other weekend lol.

My favorite racing series is Grand-Am Koni Challenge with the Mustang FR500's in the mix. Would love a few laps in one of those at TWS!
http://www.grand-am.com/images/teams/TEAM-KONIHyperSport.jpg

I also like the Aussie V8 Supercars series but don't seem to catch much of the coverage.

F1 doesn't really do it for me, although this year's race at Monaco on Memorial Day was probably the best one I've seen in 5 years. Loved the racing in the rain!