PDA

View Full Version : Koni shocks and Steeda Sport Springs

john_anch_ak
07-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey guys and gals, I just installed front and rear Koni Speed springs, (adjustable), along with a set of Steeda Sport springs. I love the shocks and the fact that I can adjust them. The front shocks are easy to adjust but the rear shocks don't have any way to access them. So, I'm assuming that I have to cut holes in the trunk? Has anyone done this to their snake? Any thoughts on this? Are there some kind of covers for the holes to keep water and dust out of the trunk? Last but not least, I believe they make rear braces/sway bars for the rear. Do they also go through the holes in the trunk and tie in that way?
Thanks,
John

nckissfan
07-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a Kenny Brown Rear Shock Tower Brace on my Cobra. You don't have to cut holes in the body, just drill bolt holes. You do, however, have to modify the trunk panels to accomadate the brace. I haven't taken a picture of this yet, will see if I can get a picture of it tonight. I don't know how the shocks are adjusted?? Is it from the top of the shock? or the side?

john_anch_ak
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
The shocks adjust from the top. They have a "key" with a handle so you can adjust from as firm as you like to as soft as you like.

If you go to this link you can see the handles that are used to adjust the firmness. Once you adjust them, then you just lift the handle off.
http://www.koni-na.com/sport.cfm

Thanks,
John

nckissfan
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
when I installed my rear shock tower brace, I had to cut holes in the trunk panels, to access the top of the shocks, so you could do the same for this purpose.