PDA

View Full Version : NASA Time Trials?

Admiral
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
If my hangar queen doesn't sell quick I'm thinking of doing the NASA TX Time Trial deal with it, anyone else here done it or considering it? Looks like TONS of track time per weekend while having some fun competing for fast lap. From what I've read you do up to HPDE4 with NASA (most of you are already ahead or on pace with that experience level) then get a TT temporary license and a transponder and compete. Here's the FAQ:

http://www.nasa-tt.com//faq

NASA Texas Time Trials page:

http://nasatxracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=44

Right now it looks like my 95 Cobra would be in base class TTE (+14pts) and if I put on my sticky tires it goes up to TTD. Anyone else interested?

jimmysidecarr
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Once my FUN FUNDS come back into the "closer to black zone", I am also going to look into this.

I'm pretty sure it will be a good way to improve my driving, yet at the same time, not put as much heat load into the cooling system.

I believe the sessions are somewhat shorter.

If I have access to lap times I'll know if my driving adjustments are working to my advantage or are a detriment.

Admiral
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Hiya Jimmy, started on that book yet? :)

I was talking at lunch today with another ex-racer about it, we both decided to view it as our DE days with laptimes to compare and improve. NASA TX has a one day option, at my age and ability I'm more likely to do a Saturday and head home. One day of 4 sessions is enough for me, if I haven't laid down a fast lap then it's probably not going to happen if I stay another day lol.

I'm hoping it will lead to more of us getting together at the track and talking with our hands again, but this time the transponders will keep us honest! :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
07-12-2008, 06:15 PM
No book yet Mike. :D

My wife is also encouraging me to do some articles as an independent freelancer, so I'm not blowing it off, I just need to take the time. I know it won't be much, but I guess sometimes, you can even get paid. :eek: ;) :p

It does sound like fun, this time trial thing. It's flexibility is quite appealing also. PLUS I just LOVE listening to the racers and ex-racers after each session, you can pick up so much really good stuff that way. :thumbsup: