PDA

View Full Version : best s/c upgrade

mrpork
07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
wich is the best to go with for a 04 stock bottom.

Pro-Dyno
07-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Wipple Single Blade TB:thumbsup:

mrpork
07-20-2008, 12:52 PM
what size should i go with. any extra's to get more horse power and torque out of her.(headers,fuel system,fuel rails, mass air meter stuff like that)

puzzle13
07-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree ... Whipple with Single Blade Throttle Body! Go with normal size 2.3 I believe, not the larger one as it will not fit under your hood in most cases and from what everyone says you have to really spin it fast (19+ boost to get the benefits from it). Depending on amount of hp you want will determine what you have to add. I am running 15 lbs of boost, long tube headers, 60lb injectors, h-pipe with free flow cats, cold air intake, bigger mass air, gt pumps, boosted fpdm, and I am running 575 - 585 rwhp. Could have more, but am taking it to the track a lot and want to keep the block in one piece. With the standard 3.5 " pulley you will have more hp than stock and will not have to modify as much. Go any smaller and you have to change the fuel system. The Whipple is a whole different animal than the Eaton! It never quits and pulls very hard!

mrpork
07-21-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree ... Whipple with Single Blade Throttle Body! Go with normal size 2.3 I believe, not the larger one as it will not fit under your hood in most cases and from what everyone says you have to really spin it fast (19+ boost to get the benefits from it). Depending on amount of hp you want will determine what you have to add. I am running 15 lbs of boost, long tube headers, 60lb injectors, h-pipe with free flow cats, cold air intake, bigger mass air, gt pumps, boosted fpdm, and I am running 575 - 585 rwhp. Could have more, but am taking it to the track a lot and want to keep the block in one piece. With the standard 3.5 " pulley you will have more hp than stock and will not have to modify as much. Go any smaller and you have to change the fuel system. The Whipple is a whole different animal than the Eaton! It never quits and pulls very hard!right now im at 530/560 so i want to make sure it is worth my time doing this.i would love to get close to 700/625 out of it .i just dont know if it can be done done with a smaller s/c

Big T
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
You could get in the mid 600's with 21-23# of boost and some high octane gas. I'm about to go this route. You could also get some nitrous with your current set-up. You have some good numbers with what you have now, but the whipple just keeps on pulling. It is a big difference compared to the eaton. Look at my sig for mods needed.

JROC
07-30-2008, 07:03 AM
KB/Whipple.

I don't care which I have I just want one or the other. If I was to just pick one I would say Whipple though.

blk04cobra1
07-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Helion single turbo kit :D ...will cost a tad bit more, but has more potential in the long run :thumbsup: