PDA

View Full Version : Manual Fan Switch

2092CobraMadeIn98
07-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey all, hope all is well. I did the how to that is on the SCMC main page of the switch for turning the engine fan on and off. (link is here) (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/TechApplications/engine_n_tranny/96-98_Cobra_manual_fan_switch.pdf)
My question is: will the fan still turn on even if I have the switch in the off position? I did the switch so I could have my engine a little cooler when going on long drives just as a 'precaution' if you will. I installed it yesterday and each time I drive I turn the fan on just incase it doesn't automatically turn on anymore. So all in all yeah just wondering if anyone knew if the engine fan will still turn on automatically or if I have to flip the switch. Thanks much for the help.
Take Care
Jeremy

cobrapace94
07-26-2008, 05:48 PM
On my 94, the fan still works like it should.

2092CobraMadeIn98
07-26-2008, 05:53 PM
awesome i appreciate it

cobrabitn
07-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Jeremy,

Here's what I did to make my 94 stay cooler and you can have this done to your 98, too.

1. Go to Autozone and get some "water wetter", it comes in a thin pink bottle and pour the entire contents in the radiator. Your temps will drop by using this stuff and your snake will run cooler.

2. I have a 180 degree thermostat in my 94 and I had Dan from Pro-Dyno set my "High speed" fan to come on at 185 degrees, therefore the fan will run once the thermostat opens. No manual switch needed when you do this but having one never hurts.

3. When $$ allows, put in a "fluidyne" radiator or similar aftermarket radiator which will have more cores and you will never have to worry about running hot again under normal circumstances.

HTH

2092CobraMadeIn98
07-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Jeremy,

Here's what I did to make my 94 stay cooler and you can have this done to your 98, too.

1. Go to Autozone and get some "water wetter", it comes in a thin pink bottle and pour the entire contents in the radiator. Your temps will drop by using this stuff and your snake will run cooler.

2. I have a 180 degree thermostat in my 94 and I had Dan from Pro-Dyno set my "High speed" fan to come on at 185 degrees, therefore the fan will run once the thermostat opens. No manual switch needed when you do this but having one never hurts.

3. When $$ allows, put in a "fluidyne" radiator or similar aftermarket radiator which will have more cores and you will never have to worry about running hot again under normal circumstances.

HTHAh wow, thanks for the info...really do appreaciate it. I will be taking a trip to muarry's or autozone later today...thanks ALOT!
Take Care

cobrabitn
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
No problemo! :D