PDA

View Full Version : rattle in the front end

decco
08-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I've got a rattle in the front brakes somewhere. It sounds like the brake pads are rattling, and when I put light pressure on the brake pedal, the noise goes away. I pulled the calipers, and was going to put disc brake quiet on the pads, but they were firmly attached to the caliper, as they should be. The caliper seems to be mounted in rubber mounts where it attaches to the caliper bracket, and that seemed a little loose, but not horribly so. The rattle only occurs on those sharp little bumps like cracks in the pavement. Any one else have this problem, and if you cured it, how did you do it? Was it just a matter of replacing those rubber caliper mounts, if they're available? Thanks.

brkntrxn
08-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Do your brake pads still have the anti-rattle clips on each end?

decco
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes they do, and they're secure to the caliper. I've had it up on the lift, checked, wiggled, and pushed on everything, and can't find the source of the rattle.:( :(

pacificgreensvt
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Its the the anti-rattle clips try bending them out a little, or get new ones.

decco
08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Guess I'll have to pull 'em out and try bending them. Hope that will stop it. Thanks.

2092CobraMadeIn98
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I have the same issue on my car. One of my friends Steve works at Ford on Team Mustang and said he will ask some of his co workers. He said he's not to sure what it would be. But I do have the same issue and it is embarrasing and annoying!