PDA

View Full Version : tuning softwear

avmech
08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
hey guys, got all the work done on the car but I need to know what tuning softwear to use. I was thinking about using the sniper commando because it lets me do everything i need to do. cost is around 750 for the program. anyone know another program. I wont be doing the tuning a local shop around my house does great tuning but they do mostly GM so they have no programs for Ford. they said they will go in half with me if they keep the program but I get free dyno time any time I get upgrades done. alsoI uped the injectors to 60lb but not sure if i need a bigger mass air meter and bigger pumps. any info will help.

Cobra4me
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I can recommend Sct because that is all I have used. Dont know much about Sniper. You will also find the majority of people either use SCT xcal2 or xcal3

avmech
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
yeah but I dont think they will sell the program to a non shop. I just dont want a program in a can but one that I can create and modify my self for further mods.

JROC
08-07-2008, 03:23 AM
I recommend you contact Pro-Dyno, http://www.pro-dyno.net/(They are one of the main sponsors on here.) talk to Dan, and buy a mail order SCT tune from them. SCT is the premier programmer for Fords IMHO, and a proven produce. You don't want to play around with your tune, so if you don't know how good the Sniper tuner is I wouldn't mess with it. I don't know much about the Sniper tuner, but I think if it was as good as SCT more people would use it. Also Im sure Dan could write you some good tunes for less than $750, but they are who I recommend you call. They know how to tune these cars very well.

blk04cobra1
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
We had good success with the Sniper software, but changed over to SCT b/c it allowed for more changes. You are correct in that SCT will not sell you their Advantage software, but you could buy their Pro Racer Package. This gives you a one-car full tuning capabilty (gives you the advantage software, but it can only be used on one particular car).

avmech
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah thats why I wanted the commando softwear instead of the sniper special forces. the special forces is a drop down menu and the commando is a full blown tuning program. the reasion people use the SCT is because its basicly a storage device for the tune it self, sniper doesent offer a hand held device you need a laptop.