PDA

View Full Version : Sport Bra or hood cover for 2003 Cobra

Blackstone
08-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I am in need of a source of supply for a quality sport bra, hopefully one with a cobra logo on the front. Appreciate all help.
I appreciate all the comments on this site as there are very few cobras in my area to learn from. jg

spf1410
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I am in need of a source of supply for a quality sport bra, hopefully one with a cobra logo on the front. Appreciate all help.
I appreciate all the comments on this site as there are very few cobras in my area to learn from. jg
Blackstone, have you considered installing a clear protective film instead of a bra? Just another option that's available.

Big T
08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Where can you get those clear films at?

cobrabitn
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.autoshieldcarolinas.com/

blk04cobra1
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Where can you get those clear films at?
I would not attempt the clear bra install by yourself, I would have a professional install even though it will cost more money...trust me, it can be a pain in the a$$ :thumbsup:

Big T
08-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I would not attempt the clear bra install by yourself, I would have a professional install even though it will cost more money...trust me, it can be a pain in the a$$ :thumbsup:
Yeah. I was stressing about the rear bumper inserts lining up straight. I'll let the pro's do this one.

cobra390
09-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey if you want clear guard film check this place out www.EurotechCo.com (http://www.EurotechCo.com)
it's around $750.00

cobra390
09-12-2008, 10:22 PM
hey check out Ford Racing if you need a sport bra.

dewone
09-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Bras rub the paint off the car. I know you hear no they won't if you take them off and wax under them. BS they rub off the paint period. Had a Labra (namebrand) on Z28 took the paint right off at the seams or protective pads around the edges. Will never do that again! Try the clear guard.

cobrabitn
09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I quit using bras when it rubbed off some of my clearcoat. I'll be having 3M film installed when time allows....

RF Cobra
09-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Be aware that the adhesive will bond with metal surfaces making it practically impossible to repaint it later and have the new paint bond with the metal correctly, even with sanding. Not sure what effect if any the adhesive would have on the bumper and other nonmetal surfaces.

I haven't had any problem with my front bumper and hood covers (I don't use it all the time though). Just have to keep them on snug and remember they can't stay on permanently and must be removed when they get wet.

spf1410
09-26-2008, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=RF Cobra]Be aware that the adhesive will bond with metal surfaces making it practically impossible to repaint it later and have the new paint bond with the metal correctly, even with sanding. Not sure what effect if any the adhesive would have on the bumper and other nonmetal surfaces.

It can be stubborn, but I've seen many successful repairs of metal and plastic (bumper, etc) after the mask is removed. When the new paint cures the mask (clear film) can be reapplied. At the dealership I work for we do over forty installations per month and time has shown it to be a durable and useful product.

Philcsag1
09-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I purchased a BRA for my 94 from thses guys 13+ years ago and it fit perfect and at 13 years old looks new

http://www.colgancustom.com/support.shtml

Bud
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone have a problem with the bra and their lights?

SvilleCobra
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
I just bought in May an authentic 2003 Ford SVT cobra front end bra w/ the cobra logo off ebay for $75.00 brand new!

Just keep looking...they pop up every now and then.

I used mine all summer with no ill effects