PDA

View Full Version : Kenne Bell 2.1L Supercharger

2092CobraMadeIn98
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
I was looking at superchargers for my car and always seen the paxtons, vortech and a few others. I never seen a Kenne Bell in a sn95 Cobra, is there a reason why? I looked into it and it seems very very basic. Ford $3,799 you can get the supercharger everything included and not need a tune or intercooler. After reading that off the website I am very much looking into a Kenne Bell for my car. Would others go a different route? If so what would you think is the best for a sn95 Cobra.
Thanks for the help and info.

Karnick
08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Kenne bell does make a supercharger for our cars, HOWEVER the reason why you don't see many of them is because Kenne Bell does not make an intercooled version of one. when you put one on a stock motor you will need to run a low boost 6-8 lbs. You can make more boost with a intercooled centrifical supercharger.

Kenne bell = lots of low end torque
centrifical = top end hP

2092CobraMadeIn98
08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
what would you recommend?

Playtme
08-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I was just at that website yesterday thinking superchargers also.
I have an 01 and they do have intercooled as an option.

Where is a good starting point of info to figure whats best?

FST ORNG
08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
http://mustangsofburlington.com/bboard1/index.php?topic=2165.0

tcrews
09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
The basic KenneBell for the 96-98 Cobra's is pretty nice...but it's not really upgradable as your power needs increase :) (they always do). Limits are lack of intercooler and lack of a bypass. You really don't want to push more than 8-10psi through them as they start generating more heat than power (and heat is not good).

Expect below 400 rwhp but a really nice and flat torque curve.

If you want good low-end grunt (torque) with a good bit more power than your stock '98, than the Kennebell is a nice option. It's a good bit more expensive than a Vortech or other centrifigal setup.

A Kennebell does well with lower gearing (3.27, 3.55, 3.73) while the centrifgals feel better with higher gearing (3.73, 4.10, 4.30) since the powerband of those are in the upper rpm range and you want to get there quicker.

I have to say, I love my Vortech on my '97 Cobra :)