PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Home Three+ Car Garage Cypress

Evilcartman
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
We put money down on a new house today that will be complete late October. I figured it can't hurt posting this on here since my house is really for a "car person". We have the three car garage option with a extra 10x10 store room off the garage. I recently added A/C to it to keep my tools cool.

2005 model
4 bedroom
3 car garage
2,100 sq ft
U-coar it painted garage floor and store room
I have hundreds of pictures taken of the house being built that I will provide
I added about a 1,000 square feet of flooring in the attic for storage
The house has Tech Sheild radiant barrier
PEX plumbing throughout with seperate runs to each fixture
House doesn't need paint inside our out
Carpet is in excellent condition
Security storm door on front
Alarm
Security glass storm door on back
14 seer Puron A/C
Low E windows
Brick on all four sides
We have done many other upgrades

We had it appraised last week at $142,000. I will sell it without a realitor for $134,000. The neighborhood is still being built out, but is 95% complete. Our house with all the options we got would cost you about $155,000 to build right now from Postwood Homes. We are located at 290 and Mueschke in the Villages of Cypress Lakes.

Email me is you have any questions
hickskeith@hotmail.com

HAR listing (http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=881808&backButton=Y)

Floor plan (http://picasaweb.google.com/evilcartmancobra/PostwoodHome/photo#5235283104943367506)

4th bedroom option (http://picasaweb.google.com/evilcartmancobra/PostwoodHome/photo#5235283113363070546)

Exige
08-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the new house Keith.. :)

kencobra
08-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Keith congtats on the new house. Jocelyn and I are also building a new home that will be ready in a few weeks. I was thinking about using "Ucoat it" for the garage floor also. How did yours hold up and did you apply it yourself?
I have heard that some floor coverings peel back up with the heat from the tires, any problems with that ? Good luck on selling your house, it is a tough market but it will sell.

Ken

sbc.cobra
08-17-2008, 10:20 PM
i knew it!!!!! i told you that you would be buying a house in the Bridgelands soon. i think you will be happy with the move. i have a china cabinet for sale if you are looking for one :D

gtdrivr
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
A month too late! We closed on ours 7/30 in Cypress (Fairfield).

Nice looking house. I'll spread the word.

John Chingasos
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Dude,

Nobody buys and sales more cars and houses than you. You should have been a car/home realtor. :D :D :D

Did you buy in Bridgeland after all? Good luck with the sale.

I AM OUT

LATE :D

Evilcartman
08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Keith congtats on the new house. Jocelyn and I are also building a new home that will be ready in a few weeks. I was thinking about using "Ucoat it" for the garage floor also. How did yours hold up and did you apply it yourself?
I have heard that some floor coverings peel back up with the heat from the tires, any problems with that ? Good luck on selling your house, it is a tough market but it will sell.

Ken

I am getting tire lift, but not near as bad as my old house that I used the Home Depot rustoleum on. U-Coat it says that if I send in a picture and samples, they will send a repair kit for free.

Evilcartman
08-18-2008, 03:36 PM
i knew it!!!!! i told you that you would be buying a house in the Bridgelands soon. i think you will be happy with the move. i have a china cabinet for sale if you are looking for one :D

I will think about it.

Evilcartman
08-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Dude,

Nobody buys and sales more cars and houses than you. You should have been a car/home realtor. :D :D :D

I AM OUT

Yes, we bought a home in Bridgeland. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. :D

Twice Bitten
08-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes, we bought a home in Bridgeland. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. :D

Who is the builder?

gtdrivr
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Yes, we bought a home in Bridgeland. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. :DExactly what happened with us. It's a great time to buy a new home. It's the selling end that sucks. We ended up leasing ours out just to move into the new house.

Evilcartman
08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Who is the builder?

We are building a Wilshire. They are going to sheetrock it this week. All colors have already been picked. The only thing we can change is the front door.

Twice Bitten
08-19-2008, 10:26 AM
We are building a Wilshire. They are going to sheetrock it this week. All colors have already been picked. The only thing we can change is the front door.

Someone we know had one built in Austin by them, he had tons of problems getting them to get things right, during and after construction. Had 4 supers during the building of his house= many problems.

I have not heard of these kind of problems with them in the Houston area. FYI, the owner used to own Emerald Homes which he sold that company to another builder and then started this company.

Evilcartman
08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Someone we know had one built in Austin by them, he had tons of problems getting them to get things right, during and after construction. Had 4 supers during the building of his house= many problems.

I have not heard of these kind of problems with them in the Houston area. FYI, the owner used to own Emerald Homes which he sold that company to another builder and then started this company.

Thanks for the info. I hope we don't have issues. I will be having my own inspector visit twice. They seem to be pretty decent and include many things. I did hear about the Emerald situation.

Twice Bitten
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I hope we don't have issues. I will be having my own inspector visit twice. They seem to be pretty decent and include many things. I did hear about the Emerald situation.

I think the Austin issue was more of a local management issue. 4 supers from start to almost finished is not good. Like I said, I have not heard anything negative about them here.

I heard it was a pretty nice pay day when he sold Emerald Homes.

Evilcartman
08-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I think the Austin issue was more of a local management issue. 4 supers from start to almost finished is not good. Like I said, I have not heard anything negative about them here.

I heard it was a pretty nice pay day when he sold Emerald Homes.

I would believe that. Turns out, his sister lives three doors down from the new house. I may even get to meet the guy.

Evilcartman
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Pictures have been added (http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=881808&backButton=Y)

Evilcartman
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM

Ken

I'm looking for a flooring for the new house. I have been looking at some of the plastic tiles. Let me know what you find and what you decide to go with.

Bingo13
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
2005 model
4 bedroom
3 car garage
2,100 sq ft

Yeah, but what does it run in the quarter mile?
:p

PM sent...

Evilcartman
08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but what does it run in the quarter mile?
:p

PM sent...

Not sure, but it can pull a tree-fiddy sixty foot. ;)

Nick
09-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Dude,

I AM OUT

Nobody takes care of his car and house like Keith does either (mods included)!

kencobra
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm looking for a flooring for the new house. I have been looking at some of the plastic tiles. Let me know what you find and what you decide to go with.

I was thinking of going with Ucoat-it or similar but I am open to other good ideas. I have only about 3 weeks before I need to make my mind up and get the materials. Target date to close on the house is Sept 26th. Let me know if and what you decided to go with. When is your house going to be ready ?

Evilcartman
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I was thinking of going with Ucoat-it or similar but I am open to other good ideas. I have only about 3 weeks before I need to make my mind up and get the materials. Target date to close on the house is Sept 26th. Let me know if and what you decided to go with. When is your house going to be ready ?

We need to start another thread on this. Maybe get some more ideas. I have been looking into the tiles, but I can't decide. Since I did the cheap Rustoleum and the expensive U-Coat, I want to try something other than paint or epoxy. Our home will not be ready until October, so I have a while.