PDA

View Full Version : SuperG Adds Member to South West Chapter of SCMC

SuperG
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I leave Houston next week for Grand Junction, Colorado to start a new job developing a natural gas field in that region. Grand Junction is on the western slope near the Utah border, or 4.5 hours west of Denver.

Ski passes will be purchased for Vail resorts...we've found some snowmobiles we're interested in...lastly, I guess we need to find a home to live in!

Naturally, I will stay on the SCMC Forum and see what we can do to drum up some activity in Colorado and Utah!

I cannot describe the fun I have had with all of you! I have learned a great deal, although most likely I have also forgotten what I learned, so I'll be asking the same questions soon, I am sure. Needless to say, the experiences I have had is what count and they are all good...well except for that time my '97 spewed smoke all over MSR and I had to have the engine rebuilt...and that time the '03 launched a cam roller into the valve cover and I had to replce the driver's side head...

The Tuesday gatherings were always fun and I will moss those. The track days were always a blast, fortunately, Colorado and Utah have their share of tracks, so I will still get to do that.

I would like to especially thank Edmond for all his help over the years and simply for the fact he has helped SCMC in so many ways. I hope I get invited to the wedding...whenever that takes place.

I would also like to thank Jimmy for all his knowledge sharing and parts ordering!! I have no idea what I saved, but I am sure it's 4 figures by now!

Larry and Rachel, I sincerely hope you remain as hospitable as you have always been. The two of you have really brought the club together, not only physically, but emotionally!

As for the rest of you, there is no car club anywhere that has the caliber of people SCMC has. Our GTG's have always been fun and I have appreciated all of them as I appreciate all of you!

Since we're changing up our lifestyle somewhat while in Colorado (we're winter sports kind of people), I'll be putting both my Cobras up for sale...whichever sells first will determine which one I keep. I'll drive the '03 coupe to Colorado and leave the '97 convertible here. Watch for those posts in the next few days...

There'll be a guest room for anyone who visits Grand Junction!

Admiral
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Man, I wish you the best of luck on the Western slopes! We fly out to Grand Junction several times per year, have some good firends out there near Paonia. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Best of luck to you Gary!!! My step-dad built a house in Crested Butte, CO which I hope to start visiting more...really nice country up there.

Keep in touch man, and if you need anything please let us know. :thumbsup:

04Terminator
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for following me to the Krogers on FM 529 to check out my 04 Cobra terminator and introducing us to the SCMC group....Jim and I have enjoyed your friendship and will miss visiting with you at the GTG's on Tuesdays....Colorado is a great place to live...I know that Denver has a lot of Mustang car shows and gatherings....at least back in the early nineties when I was up there they did. Good luck to you and your family in your new venture.

Angel
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Best of luck on your new adventure! You will indeed be missed. Do pop in on the Board and visit us. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Gary!

I'm going to miss talking with you, hanging out, and trying to help with whatever happened to break that day.

Colorado certainly is beautiful, we vacationed there once.

Best of luck in all you do,

93KingCobra
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Good luck Gary you will be missed down here....

SuperG
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Owning a Cobra and knowing other owners has been a great experience...most likely one that will continue developing throughout my lifetime!

Larry95
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Good luck on your move. I'm going to miss parking next to you at MSR. It's been a yearly meeting. By the way did you ever figure out what brake pads you had?

Larry

SuperG
09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Good luck on your move. I'm going to miss parking next to you at MSR. It's been a yearly meeting. By the way did you ever figure out what brake pads you had?

Larry
As a matter of fact...no, not really.

However I have some Hawk Blacks in a box just for track duty!!!

Mrs TwiceBitten
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
- Irish blessing

Wishing you Godspeed on your journey, and hoping that we will laugh together at the same table again. Will miss you guys, Gary. Keep in touch!

msmap
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Good luck on the next chapter of your life Gary and family :)

cobrabitn
09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Good luck Gary! Remember, we have members in CO and Kevin is opening a new track so it's not like you will be there by yourself!! :thumbsup:

Levi
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I hope for all the best things in life come to you and your family, we will miss y'all. Keep in touch. :thumbsup:

backnblack
09-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Good luck Gary! :cheers:

Be sure to keep us updated and send some pictures.

SuperG
09-09-2008, 09:24 AM
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
- Irish blessing

Wishing you Godspeed on your journey, and hoping that we will laugh together at the same table again. Will miss you guys, Gary. Keep in touch!

Thanks, Rachel, that was really nice!