PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining a new top for a 97 Convertible

barrsky9
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi, does anybody have an idea where one can get a new top to replace the worn one on my 97 convertible (Ideally a Parchment colored one)? I am guessing looking around the junkyards may be the best answer but if anyone else has an answer I would love to hear. I have not had much luck on the web or otherwise.

Thanks.:D

93KingCobra
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
They always have good products...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Replacement-Covertible-Tops

nckissfan
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
that is saddle color for the 97, unless you changed interior to 99 and up interior. I second the Late Model Restoration. I think looking for a used one will just put you in the same situation as before. Go with a new one, that way you wont have to worry about another for a long time to come:thumbsup:

VenomSVT
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
that is saddle color for the 97, unless you changed interior to 99 and up interior. I second the Late Model Restoration. I think looking for a used one will just put you in the same situation as before. Go with a new one, that way you wont have to worry about another for a long time to come:thumbsup:I agree! I will be needing one soon too! I am thinking of going with black cloth instead of saddle vinyl.:thumbsup:

Slow95Cobra
09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
dont mess with a used one... i had my top, glass curtian, and headliner replaced when i got mine 3 years ago, parts and labor was around $1300 from a guy in high point, who retired shortly after.

puzzle13
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
If all else fails call Mike with Auto Interiors & Tops, Inc. in Raleigh, NC. He is a Mustang nut and can get you anything if it is made, and sometimes can make it there at the shop. They do great work. They did my 66 convertible top when I restored it and the also replaced my 03 Convertible top when it was burned up by an old vendor of ours! Their number is 919-821-4425. I highly recommend them on anything to do with the interior or convertible tops!