PDA

View Full Version : Track Guys/SVTOA Fall Thunder at Hallett

JoeJ
09-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Guys,

Who is up for a beautiful October weekend in Oklahoma? The Oct 11-12, 2008 Track Guys / SVTOA Performance Driving Clinic at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit should be a blast.

As they did in 2007, this will be a two-day / two-track event, meaning, they will run the track in the traditional, counter-clockwise direction on Saturday and then, turn it around, running clock-wise on Sunday. What a great way to help spread the performance driving infection even deeper - two tracks in two days.

Please register for the event at http://www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com/ , click on the "Track Guys Fall Thunder at Hallett" and follow the sign up process.

If you have any questions or problems signing up there, please don't hesitate to contact Jeff Lacina or Dell Hughes (dellcobra@yahoo.com).

This should be a great event and the weather is usually a lot cooler this time of year.

If you decide to go, a good motel is the Hampton Inn in Sand Springs. 7852 West Parkway Boulevard, Sand Springs 74127 Ph: 918-245-8500

JoeJ
09-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Some more information that I got off Corner Carver website.

Quote:
Track Guys Fall Thunder at Hallett!

Sponsored By:
5.0 Resto
Chicane 23
SVTOA

Registration is open for the Track Guys Fall Thunder Performance Driving Clinic at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, west of Tulsa, OK.

The dates for this event are October 10-12. Cost is $240 for the full weekend, which includes dinner at the track on Saturday evening.

Track Guys' emphasis is on learning. If you have never driven your car on track before, then we will provide you with an in car instructor and class room time to help you learn how to get the most out of your car, at your own level. This allows you to learn at your own pace and speed.

Experienced track veteran? No worries dawg - we also provide plenty of seat time for the Advanced and Intermediate level drivers, too.

Track Guys was formed in 2001 to conduct performance driving clinics, and was contracted by Ford SVT to develop the the SVTOA On Track program. To date, Track Guys has conducted more than 60 events across the US and Canada and this will be the fourth Track Guys event at Hallett.

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit is a 1.8 mile, 10 turn Road Racing course in the rolling Osage Hills of North Eastern Oklahoma. It is located 35 miles west of Tulsa, Oklahoma, at the Highway 99 exit of the Cimarron Turnpike. Hallett has over 80 feet of elevation change and is considered Technically Difficult. It has wide, grassy run-off areas and zero concrete or Armco barriers. Hallett is unique in that it can be run in either clockwise or counter-clockwise directions ¨ making it two completely different courses. Go to www.hallettracing.net/ for more information about the track.

This event is open to all makes and models of cars. Sorry, no 4x4s or SUVs.

Space is limited and this event will sell out fast.

Go to www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com to register on line.

If you have any questions, contact event master Dell Hughes at dellcobra@yahoo.com or drop me a line at Stanger58@aol.com .

See You On Track at Hallett!

Larry95
09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Iím all signed up. :thumbsup: What route are we taking? :cool: What time do we leave Friday? :rolleyes: What track addiction? :bounce: I donít have a track addiction. :rotf:

JoeJ
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Guys,

There is still room to attend the SVT event at Hallett next weekend. It should be a blast. See following from Dell Hughes about the event:
"Quote"
The Track Guys Fall Thunder at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit is less then a week away. We still have some spaces left. Cost is $240 for the full weekend which includes dinner on Saturday evening, or $125 for one day. SVT will be at the event with a GT500KR to give people rides. This a great opportunity to see the KR and to go for a ride in one on track and at speed. No cost to enter the track, so come on out. On line registration closes on Thursday. Go to www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com to register for the event. If you have any questions, drop me an email at dellcobra@yahoo.com or give me a call at 918-697-8082.

Andy M
10-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Joe,

So, we need a track/trip report asap??? :bounce:

gfcobra
10-13-2008, 12:34 PM
They are probably still on there way back.

Gary.

Larry95
10-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Joe and I left Conroe about 7:30 Friday morning. Met up with Mark in McKinney about noon and arrived at the track in time to unload and make a 7:00 dinner time.

It was my first time at Hallett and being able to run the track both direction was great. Their signature turn "the *itch", is just that in both directions as far as I'm concerned. The elevation changes in the overall track are very large. If you haven't been there, make every effort to go.

There was a real light turn out. They combined the novice/beginners group and I only had 6 or 8 in my run group. We got 5 run sessions both days.

Had to change front pads Saturday and developed what I hope is a fuel filter problem late Sunday. The others just did tire rotation and brake bleeding that I'm aware of.

Eloisa and I stayed over Sunday night in Tulsa and drove back in yesterday. Joe, Mark and Ed left town mid afternoon Sunday. Those three were really having fun playing tag in that "crazy fast run group". I was in the intermediate group and held my own except for a couple of SC cobras. Ford had an SVT Engineer in attendance with a KR. They were doing charity rides in it. Everyone said it was an excellent handling car. It should be for $79+K.

Larry