PDA

View Full Version : Had to do it

jimbo68gt
09-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Hey guys.....Just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks. I never really posted much but I love the site and got to know you guys by reading your posts. It was great for me to find out the stupid things I needed to know for advice about my Cobra. But as many of us know firsthand, the economy is getting a bit tough. I've been a Mustang nut all my life and have been a sales manager of a dealership for 11yrs. But my Cobra is a toy for me and with my income down, cost of living up, the savings is dwindling. And with three small kids, I felt I had to sell the snake. And with living in the northeast, I think its best for right now, to have the money in the bank instead of out in the garage all covered up for the winter. I will be searching for the same car again. Hopefully within a year and a half or sooner if things turn around. Even the wife said this is just a short term thing. And thats a good sign!!! In any case, just wanted to say thanks for everything. I will still stay a member (if Tony will let me) and stay tuned to the website. This is the best club out there. Thanks

tazzracing1
09-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Well we have to do what we need to make ends meet and stay afloat. Yes times are ruff. Yes can remain a memeber just keep up your membership each year. Well I hope to see a turn around also in the economy.

cobrabitn
09-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I hate to hear that Jim but most certainly understand. Just keep your membership dues up and you'll be good to go. We'll be here to help you find a new snake when you get ready! :thumbsup:

jimbo68gt
09-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys. And Tony, you know I will take you up on it. You helped me find the car I have now. NEVER thought I'd sell it but then again I never thought gas would be where it is and the economy as well. But people still need cars and trucks and once it turns around I'll be back. I just think its a smart idea for me to keep cash instead of a car right now. Thanks again.

spf1410
09-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks guys. And Tony, you know I will take you up on it. You helped me find the car I have now. NEVER thought I'd sell it but then again I never thought gas would be where it is and the economy as well. But people still need cars and trucks and once it turns around I'll be back. I just think its a smart idea for me to keep cash instead of a car right now. Thanks again.
Good luck to you and your family. Best wishes for sittin' in tall cotton again soon.

JROC
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Hate to hear that you are having to sell your Cobra, but I defanently understand. If you really still want one I'm sure you'll be back in another in the not to distant future. Quite a few Terminator owners have sold their Cobras and ended up missing them so much that they got another one. :thumbsup:

jimbo68gt
11-09-2008, 05:12 PM
So when I gave the guy the title I also gave him my info for when he decides to sell hoping he would contact me first. Well......he called me on Friday and said he would sell it back to me now. I guess he got laid off from work and would rather have the $$$ in the bank instead of the car. I didn't think it would be this quick......!!!!!!!

cfradam
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
cool!!! looks like the car was ment to be yours :bounce: