09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
The pictures say it all.

Our house:
http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LRFrank/Our%20Tiki%20House/

Galveston day before storm, other Tiki Island after storm:
http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LRFrank/

97CasperCobra
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
:eek: .....i'm just glad we got all that could not be replaced...and that NO ONE was there to watch the storm come in.

ORANGE CRUSH
09-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Any pics from the inside?

msmap
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM
WOW! Glad you guys are ok.

jimmysidecarr
09-19-2008, 06:06 PM
O M G!!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, and so glad you guys were not down there when it came through.

As bad as that is, can you imagine what might have happened if the eye came in at Freeport or Port Lavaca?

PLEASE be careful during clean up, a lot of people get hurt or over do it, after an event like this. I certainly would not want to see any injuries/accidents happen to you guys.

Twice Bitten
09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Any pics from the inside?

The inside is virtually untouched, other than no water or power, and a wet floor. The carpet and pad have been cut out as far in as the water blew UNDER the storm windows....otherwise still have belongings crammed inside that we moved up from below. No pics worth showing. We were relatively lucky...we are slightly higher than the rest of the island and are lucky to not have tons of debris in our front yard, or hung up in our boat slip. Our belongings blew south and we have been picking them up in the "debris field" between our house and the marina. I'm sure a few of my marine coolers made it to I-45 along with my neighbor's boats. Our doctor friend across the street lost 5 cars, one of which is submerged in the canal behind his house (a Mustang, no less). Not to mention at least 3 boats. A friend of mine lost two ENTIRE homes on Bolivar "Island" so we are counting our blessings. Thanks to Mike for helping with storm prep, and to Patrick for spending an entire day helping "gather my scattered belongings" and clean up. He actually pulled glass out of the driveway cracks with needlenose pliers for over an hour, and picked sheetrock out of the grass. Carl and Stan helped supervise our cleanup at the Champions house. I am speechless in debt of our friends. R

97whitevert
09-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I am sorry that you had so much damage.:(
I am very glad that you were not hurt!:thumbsup:

Evilcartman
09-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry to see that. That is crazy but it is a good thing that you only got water in the bottom. I'm guessing the roof held up fine?

gtdrivr
09-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Sorry to see the damage, but considering where the house is I think you guys came out OK.

If you need help getting things back in order, let me know. Myself, and I'm sure many others here, would be glad to do whatever we can!

I'm happy everyone is safe. The property is replaceable!

93KingCobra
09-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Man those are some hard pics to look at..I'm glad that thing turned out as well as they did...as everyone has said the property is something that can be rebuilt but you guys are irreplaceable..!

Angel
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
:eek: .....i'm just glad we got all that could not be replaced...and that NO ONE was there to watch the storm come in.
+1 And a shame about the Neighbour's loss. wow

Sorry to hear about your loss. Albeit it held up well, considering many down there lost everything. Hope the re-build goes well. :)

ORANGE CRUSH
09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
The inside is virtually untouched, other than no water or power, and a wet floor. The carpet and pad have been cut out as far in as the water blew UNDER the storm windows....otherwise still have belongings crammed inside that we moved up from below. No pics worth showing. We were relatively lucky...we are slightly higher than the rest of the island and are lucky to not have tons of debris in our front yard, or hung up in our boat slip. Our belongings blew south and we have been picking them up in the "debris field" between our house and the marina. I'm sure a few of my marine coolers made it to I-45 along with my neighbor's boats. Our doctor friend across the street lost 5 cars, one of which is submerged in the canal behind his house (a Mustang, no less). Not to mention at least 3 boats. A friend of mine lost two ENTIRE homes on Bolivar "Island" so we are counting our blessings. Thanks to Mike for helping with storm prep, and to Patrick for spending an entire day helping "gather my scattered belongings" and clean up. He actually pulled glass out of the driveway cracks with needlenose pliers for over an hour, and picked sheetrock out of the grass. Carl and Stan helped supervise our cleanup at the Champions house. I am speechless in debt of our friends. R
If ya'll need carpet I have great carpet guy. He goes by the name of Larry.;)
I'm sure he can hook ya'll up. Good luck guys.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-22-2008, 04:01 PM
If ya'll need carpet I have great carpet guy. He goes by the name of Larry.;)
I'm sure he can hook ya'll up. Good luck guys.:thumbsup:
he's also pretty good with a chainsaw and driving on golf cart paths.... :cool:

Now his open track driving skillz are something to be in question.... :p