PDA

View Full Version : stock to "Rock"

95 MR CLEAN
09-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I recently purchased a 95 SVT Cobra in super clean condition with 48,500 miles....I'm planning a few mods to start with to pep it up a bit. 3.73 gears and
some Cobra R wheels with the possibility of nitrous a little later.....
question: it runs at 2050 rpm at 75 mph presently with 3:08 gears...what will rpm's be at 75 with the 3:73's. Also, have any of you guys(or gals) installed a 150 hp nitrous kit on a stock 302 svt? I'll take any suggestions any of you would care to give me.
Oh, is the speedo recalibration a big deal with the gear change?
This is a fun car with magnaflow exhaust... it sounds oh, so sweet!
Thanks in advance for any info.......
Sincerely,
95 Mr Clean

cobrabitn
09-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats on the purchase of the last of the 5.0 Cobras. I like my 94 snake as I have done several mods but basically have exhausted what I can do to the car with bolt ons. Personally, I wouldn't go more than 373's in the rear. (mine has 355's)

Try this on the speed/gear calculator:

http://www.corral.net/tech/gearcalc.html

the recalibration is not a big deal if you like not knowing your accurate speed. You'll have to go in the transmission to make it correct or use a speed reducer for the cable.

95 MR CLEAN
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Cobrabitn.....

Thanks for the info....much appreciated......cool video.....

what tires were you running when that was recorded?

95 Mr Clean

cobrabitn
09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
275 x 40 x 17... :D

tomsgarage
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
When my son had his 01 Bullitt we changed the gear to 3.73 which really woke the car up. We installed the speedcal device which changed the readings from the transmission to the speedometer. Worked like a champ! Do a google search for "speed calibrator" and you will find a variety of sites for this item.

Welcome to the club!

95 MR CLEAN
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info.....I can get a gearset and speed calibrator from American Muscle....I used an electronic device on a Yamaha FZ1 that I geared down and it worked very nicely.
Your son's bullitt sounds like a nice ride......thanks for your input....
I'm amazed at all the mods you guys put on these cars.....I guess it all comes
down to having your "ride" reflect what you really want out of your car.
95 Mr Clean

Zero Lash
10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
373 is a good choice and speedo cali

95svtCOBRA
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Congrats, thats LOW miles for a 95, great find man, ive been considering looking around for a lower miles 94-95 and swapping my driveline into it, My driveline has under 12k on it but the car itself has like 160 haha, i just want something that looks good, cause i got the performance i want now with all my mods and such.

BTW 3.73's are great, im running 3.55's with a blower so its allright. N/A i would go 3.73's possibly 4.10's Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:

95 MR CLEAN
11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
SVT95 Cobra...

Thanks for the info on your ride......

By the way, what kind of performance increase do you get from that turbo?

Was it alot of work getting it dialed in?

Thanks,

95 MR Clean:)

95svtCOBRA
12-06-2008, 11:27 AM
SVT95 Cobra...

Thanks for the info on your ride......

By the way, what kind of performance increase do you get from that turbo?

Was it alot of work getting it dialed in?

Thanks,

95 MR Clean:)I got ALOT of wake up call from the supercharger, i had alot of work done as well, i had my intake ported and my heads were reworked as well, when i put my motor in it was dynoed @340 FLYWHEEL hp, with the stock cobra intake and longtube headers, ive since added a trick flow track heat intake, a larger TB, fatter injectors, and of course, the blower, I havent had my car tuned yet, im in the process of moving back home from the military so i didnt want to harm my car with all these mods and no tune before i can get it home. Im giving a rough estimate that im around the 475 RWHP mark, hopefully, but i really dont know, i know of guys with less mods that are pushing more HP.