PDA

View Full Version : Some video from Harris Hill Road this weekend.

Exige
09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
This is the first time Ive driving the track Clockwise so Im still working on my line and figuring out how fast I can drive into the corners. My line is a bit sloppy now, but I still put down some decent times. Im about 1.4 seconds off the fastest lotus that was out there, so I still have some improving to do. I was quite happy with my times though.

I signed up for a membership this weekend at Harris Hill Road so I will be getting a lot of time on this track. Occasionally they have days were you can bring friends and family members to drive on track. If anyone is interested in getting some time at Harris Hill let me know and Ill contact you when days are available for you to run. Im not sure what the cost is, but Im guessing it will be $150 for the day which is pretty reasonable. The drive time to the track is about 2 hours and 15 minutes so its not really that far.

The track itself has about 160ft of elevation changes, you drive up about 80 feet and then down 80 feet.. There is a good mixture of turns both slow and fast with a lot of off camber which makes for some interesting track time.. :) Anything below a 1:35 is a pretty fast lap time. If you break into the 1:20's your extremely fast.

You may notice there are not any corner workers on the track, this is because they have a lighting system that has red, yellow and green lights that let you know the status of the track. Its very hard to see the lights in the video, but they are quite easy to see on track and they work really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QeOPclhOs

jimmysidecarr
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Cool Vid, thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

Admiral
10-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Nice driving! That track looks challenging. What software you using to get your traqmate data mapped onto your video? I have a traqmate but haven't used it much, need to start collecting useful data or sell it lol.

Exige
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Nice driving! That track looks challenging. What software you using to get your traqmate data mapped onto your video? I have a traqmate but haven't used it much, need to start collecting useful data or sell it lol.Traqmate's new software is called TraqStudio. Basically all you have to do is select the laps you want and press the write video button. It will automatically write the video with the overlay, literally took 3 minutes to create that video from the time opened traqstuido until the time the video was created.

The software is $199 and well worth it as it also allows you to watch video in the traqmate program and use the video as part of your analysts.

As for the laps I did at Harris Hill, as I said this was my first time running the track this direction and I really need to work on my line so I do not have to throttle steer the the corners quite so much. I believe my car is capable of a 1:28 on this track. I believe the track record is held by a GT3 CUP car on slicks and is 1:24.

PS if you want to sell the traqmate, I may have a buyer for you. Personally I would keep it as the data can be extremely helpful.

Admiral
10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Actually, I need to upgrade my traqmate with the head unit. Back when I bought mine NASA wouldn't allow the head unit for some reason, now they do. Thanks for the info on the software, will be nice to figure out how to get the video and data sync'd up and make great vids like yours.

Exige
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Actually, I need to upgrade my traqmate with the head unit. Back when I bought mine NASA wouldn't allow the head unit for some reason, now they do. Thanks for the info on the software, will be nice to figure out how to get the video and data sync'd up and make great vids like yours.If you have the chasecam it plugs right up to the traqmate and auto syncs the video for you. If your using a regular camcorder or something like that you will have to manually sync the video. Not really that difficult, but its much easier with the chasecam.