PDA

View Full Version : I must be MYS-taken...

2004MystiSVT
10-04-2008, 04:53 PM
:scratch: I thought I owned a Mystichrome Cobra??
Mystichrome on the way in....MYSTIC on the way out??? :eek: How did they know my car wanted to be dressed up as a MYSTIC Cobra for Halloween??? :mad:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1444.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1429.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1437.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1438-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1439-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1440-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1441.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1426-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1427-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1428-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1442-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1424-1.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/Mystic%20Mistake/IMG_1434-1.jpg

jimmysidecarr
10-04-2008, 05:13 PM
You have got to be kidding me! :eek:

They used the 96 Mystic paint to do your repair? :doubt:

I can not believe I am seeing this with my own two eyes! :mad:

The paint code is right on the door! It's G6!
:mad:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

What are they going to do about it?

That background looks like Planet Ford.

2004MystiSVT
10-04-2008, 05:34 PM
You have got to be kidding me! :eek:

They used the 96 Mystic paint to do your repair? :doubt:

I can not believe I am seeing this with my own two eyes! :mad:

The paint code is right on the door! It's G6!
:mad:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

What are they going to do about it?

PLEASE TELL ME this was NOT Casaris body shop ... was it?
I can not imagine George ever letting it get that far where they finished the car with the wrong paint on it.
My Sentiments EXACTLY!! You're confusion is as GREAT as mine! I even told them MYSELF that the paint code is G6. Now it makes sense to me why it took so long to order the paint....because it was produced 12 YEARS AGO! No this was not Cassari's....it was, of all places, FORD! and from day one when I brought them the car for an estimate I was presented with a little red flag (1 of many to follow) when the MANAGER (supposed car guy & autorama participant) said to me, "oh that's mystic right?" I quickly corrected him and he brushed me off almost as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Looooong story short, not a single person from the estimator, to the manager, to the paint rep, to the painter, to the assembler....ever noticed this was wrong either that they never spoke up about it and as you said completed the job.....on top of all that I was told over the phone that it matched beautifully so naturally I felt comfortable until I showed up yesterday to take a look and IMMEDIATELY saw that it was wrong...the manager even tried to convince me it was ok. Obviously he didn't know who he was dealing with. They are going to fix it and repaint my hood because it needs it.

mrpork
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
dont mean to sound like a idiot. but what am i looking for. it looks right to me. what picture are we looking for a diffrence.

jimmysidecarr
10-04-2008, 06:01 PM
My Sentiments EXACTLY!! You're confusion is as GREAT as mine! I even told them MYSELF that the paint code is G6. Now it makes sense to me why it took so long to order the paint....because it was produced 12 YEARS AGO! No this was not Cassari's....it was, of all places, FORD! and from day one when I brought them the car for an estimate I was presented with a little red flag (1 of many to follow) when the MANAGER (supposed car guy & autorama participant) said to me, "oh that's mystic right?" I quickly corrected him and he brushed me off almost as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Looooong story short, not a single person from the estimator, to the manager, to the paint rep, to the painter, to the assembler....ever noticed this was wrong either that they never spoke up about it and as you said completed the job.....on top of all that I was told over the phone that it matched beautifully so naturally I felt comfortable until I showed up yesterday to take a look and IMMEDIATELY saw that it was wrong...the manager even tried to convince me it was ok. Obviously he didn't know who he was dealing with. They are going to fix it and repaint my hood because it needs it.

I hate to say it but I am afraid Gail's assessment of this debacle is probably spot on!

She thinks that they took you lightly because you are a woman!

The fact that you corrected him right from the beginning and he seemed to blow it off tells a lot about this TOOL'S mind set!

She said if this happened to her she would be writing a letter Ford and throwing that bunch UNDER THE BUS!

There are GLARING indications of sexual discrimination in this transaction from start to finish! Highlighted in red above. And these are just the ones that you shared with us.

jimmysidecarr
10-04-2008, 07:28 PM
dont mean to sound like a idiot. but what am i looking for. it looks right to me. what picture are we looking for a diffrence.

Everyone shows a little of the difference between the 1996 Mystic paint which they used and the existing 2004 Mystichrome.

Pic #1 Shows much darker from the top of the right fender to where they began to blend by the door handle.

Pic #2 Same deal only you can see the different change to green begin.

Pic #3 Same deal.

Pic #4 Change to purple is different and earlier.

Pic #5 Change from purple to goldish brown has already begun, and the goldish brown never happens on a Mystichrome.

Pic #6 & 7 Goldish brown.

The rest are front repairs and if you are familiar with both the 96 Mystic's, and the 04 Mystichrome colors and the changes they will go through they are obvious.

97CasperCobra
10-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Wow...I didn't know MYSTICHROME turned the brownish/rust color!!! and I see NO chrome in that Mystic!!!

Sorry to see you're going through this Shannon....as Jimmy said, probably b/c you are a woman!!!! Fuggin a-holes!!!! :mad:

2004MystiSVT
10-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I hate to say it but I am afraid Gail's assessment of this debacle is probably spot on!

She thinks that they took you lightly because you are a woman!

The fact that you corrected him right from the beginning and he seemed to blow it off tells a lot about this TOOL'S mind set!

She said if this happened to her she would be writing a letter Ford and throwing that bunch UNDER THE BUS!

There are GLARING indications of sexual discrimination in this transaction from start to finish! Highlighted in red above. And these are just the ones that you shared with us.I completely agree with Gail's notion that I was taken lightly because I am a woman :mad: .... and gee how on earth could a woman know anything about her car? :doubt: True enough there are women (and men) that are not versed on vehicles, but come on...I'm not driving a toyota corolla...you have to know something when you are driving a performance vehicle of this caliber!!
You are right it was Planet Ford & there were many other "red flags" that I haven't shared, for example: In the conversation (with body shop manager) on Wednesday...prior to being told the paint "matched beautifully" I was told...
Manager - "don't worry we know what we are doing, I would put my painter up against any painter anywhere....this is a simple job we shoot this color all the time!"
ME - "EXCUSE ME WHAT??? You shoot this color all the time? That's impossible...that would suggest there are Mystichrome Cobras driving around all over the place and that just isn't the case....you almost NEVER & I mean NEVER see a Mystichrome Cobra on the road...and if you do see one it's probably ME."
Manager - "Yes, we shoot this color all the time....it's a BASF paint"
ME - "NOOOOO, Mystichrome is not a BASF paint...it is a DUPONT paint...the paint code is G6....it's right on the sticker"
Manager - "it's BASF & either way trust me it matches beautifully"
So I took his word over the phone figuring SURELY they would know if they painted the car the wrong color... BOY WAS I WRONG!!! There is so much to this situation, I could go on for hours... it's ridiculous. There were so many balls dropped by so many people and I want answers and believe me this is far from over...FORD Motor Corp is most definitely getting a letter and so is the BBB and so on. As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for me as a consumer to know more about a Ford product than Ford itself and it's employees.

2004MystiSVT
10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Everyone shows a little of the difference between the 1996 Mystic paint which they used and the existing 2004 Mystichrome.

Pic #1 Shows much darker from the top of the right fender to where they began to blend by the door handle.

Pic #2 Same deal only you can see the different change to green begin.

Pic #3 Same deal.

Pic #4 Change to purple is different and earlier.

Pic #5 Change from purple to goldish brown has already begun, and the goldish brown never happens on a Mystichrome.

Pic #6 & 7 Goldish brown.

The rest are front repairs and if you are familiar with both the 96 Mystic's, and the 04 Mystichrome colors and the changes they will go through they are obvious.THANK YOU JIMMY for responding to mrpork's question :thumbsup:

2004MystiSVT
10-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow...I didn't know MYSTICHROME turned the brownish/rust color!!! and I see NO chrome in that Mystic!!!

Sorry to see you're going through this Shannon....as Jimmy said, probably b/c you are a woman!!!! Fuggin a-holes!!!! :mad:Thanks Mike, little did they know that they picked the wrong woman to assume I didn't know about my car. :crazy: One of the first things I said to the manager was "My car is Mystichrome...you painted my car MYSTIC....MYSTIC has BROWN IN IT!!!" and it all went down hill from there.....UGH!

msmap
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
That sux Shannon. Unfortunately that is the price we car girls pay in a man's world. It really gets old :( Hope your car gets doen right. +1 on Casari's. They are great.

jimmysidecarr
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
If they fail to step up and resolve this to YOUR satisfaction, you will want to contact the Planet parts and service director(all Planet stores). As far as I know that is still Bob Taylor. Mr Taylor used to work at Northwood for a period of time, he basically started the same time I moved over there from Texan Linc/Merc. I know him, and he knows me.

If it comes to it, I can contact him. Let's see if they get this handled on their own first though, before I make any calls to the BIG DOG.

A little side note to clarify something implied in this quote:
"to know more about a Ford product than Ford itself and it's employees."

Planet Ford is not Ford itself, and Planet Ford employees are not Ford employees.

When you take your vehicle to a Ford dealer, Ford is not working on your car. Planet Ford is working on your car and whatever caliber of employees that they have been able to recruit and retain.

Yes, Ford cares about the quality of service that their customers receive at the dealer level, but they are really not in control, and frankly, there is a HUGE disparity between dealerships and the competency levels of their employees to be found in the market place.

Blue Oval Certification is one of the tools/carrots that Ford uses to insure customers receive a certain level of quality when they use the dealer's services.

A non-Blue Oval Certified dealer is one that is out of compliance in some way to the standards Ford puts forth.

I do not know if Planet is Blue Oval Certified or not.
CSI scores.
Employee master certification in certain key positions, regular certification in others.
Survey scores of the sales experience.

Are just some of the parameters that are scrutinized and judged before Certification is awarded.

Please keep me abreast of the resolution of your situation, and please feel free to use me as your advocate if and when you feel it is called for.

Although I do NOT know the body shop manager, I DO know the service depatment shop foreman and the parts and service director of all planet stores.
Bob Taylor is not going to be happy about this if it does not get resolved correctly.

gtdrivr
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
They dont need to ORDER crap. Mystichrome is a standard paint code, and can be mixed in an hour! Baytown auto body did mine, and I won best paint in the Christian charity show 3 weeks later.

If they dont get it right, let me know. I'll give you the # to BAB to get it fixed up!

2004MystiSVT
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
If they fail to step up and resolve this to YOUR satisfaction, you will want to contact the Planet parts and service director(all Planet stores). As far as I know that is still Bob Taylor. Mr Taylor used to work at Northwood for a period of time, he basically started the same time I moved over there from Texan Linc/Merc. I know him, and he knows me.

If it comes to it, I can contact him. Let's see if they get this handled on their own first though, before I make any calls to the BIG DOG.Thank you for this information I will hang on to it and I will keep you posted for sure. :)

A little side note to clarify....

Planet Ford is not Ford itself, and Planet Ford employees are not Ford employees.

When you take your vehicle to a Ford dealer, Ford is not working on your car. Planet Ford is working on your car and whatever caliber of employees that they have been able to recruit and retain.

Yes, Ford cares about the quality of service that their customers receive at the dealer level, but they are really not in control, and frankly, there is a HUGE disparity between dealerships and the competency levels of their employees to be found in the market place.

Blue Oval Certification is one of the tools/carrots that Ford uses to insure customers receive a certain level of quality when they use the dealer's services.

A non-Blue Oval Certified dealer is one that is out of compliance in some way to the standards Ford puts forth.

I do not know if Planet is Blue Oval Certified or not.
CSI scores.
Employee master certification in certain key positions, regular certification in others.
Survey scores of the sales experience.

Are just some of the parameters that are scrutinized and judged before Certification is awarded.

Please keep me abreast of the resolution of your situation, and please feel free to use me as your advocate if and when you feel it is called for.

Although I do NOT know the body shop manager, I DO know the service depatment shop foreman and the parts and service director of all planet stores.
Bob Taylor is not going to be happy about this if it does not get resolved correctly.Thank you for the clarification as well!! I really was not aware. In fact I spoke to a sales manager and asked if the employees are educated on ford's products and such and his response was "they certainly should be" :rolleyes:

SuperG
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow...that is absolutely sickening!! Please let us know what the Planet Ford people are going to do...I would want the car stripped and painted new...

XyX
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Totally sucks and I'm going through the same problem right now. I got my car repainted and picked it up saturday. Come to find out the wing, door handles, and fenders were apparently shot with a different shade of black. I bring it back the next day to show the painter, he strolls over and I'm like seriously..stand here and tell me these parts are same color.

Throughout my whole car ownership life, I've yet to pick up a large repair job 100% happy and dont have to bring it back.....

But in your case...mystic/mystic chrome paint isnt cheap...and jeez they are a-holes for brushing you off. good luck with it

2004MystiSVT
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow...that is absolutely sickening!! Please let us know what the Planet Ford people are going to do...I would want the car stripped and painted new...
Yea it makes me sick too. :( I grow increasingly frustrated each day and I'll tell you what, if there is one teeny tiny thing that I do not like, I will request that the whole car is re-painted....as far as I'm concerned, it almost should be now since half of it will have fresh paint and the other half will not... it'll be pretty obvious when it's done.
As of today I have not heard back from the General Manager of Planet Ford despite my attempts to contact him by phone and e-mail. :mad:

SuperG
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Where's Marvin Zindler's replacement!!

2004MystiSVT
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Where's Marvin Zindler's replacement!!I KNOW RIGHT?!?!? Soooo Funny you should say that because, no lie, Marvin Zindler took care of an issue I had with Lone Star Ford about 5yrs ago when they took my 2001 V-6 mustang in trade for a truck... I was trading out of a lease...or so I thought...instead of them just telling me that they couldn't do it, they outright sold me the truck but fudged the numbers on the contract so it would look legit AND neglected to put my car on there in the "vehicle trade-in" spot...keep in mind though...they still took my car as if an actual trade deal was made....they even helped me clean out the car before I handed over the keys and drove off in my new truck...I became aware of the situation 2 weeks later and that is when the run areound began.... complete :bs:

2004MystiSVT
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
after speaking with the Body Shop Director, I was advised that mystic and mystichrome have the same G6 paint code and they just mistakenly picked the 1996 one. It appears now that the "correct" paint will not be in until next Monday.
Am I correct in thinking that a body shop tech/painter would plug the G6 paint code into some sort of system in order to find out the mixture?
- If so, and there is more than one year model with the same paint code, wouldn't all year models pop up?
- If so, shouldn't the painter (or someone?) be able to tell the difference between the 1996 body style and the 2004 body style?
- If not, shouldn't the painter (or whoever orders it) confirm with the paperwork what year car they are working with?

I just can't imagine that these people who are around cars and work on/paint cars for "many years" (quoting the collision center Director) wouldn't even think, "this must be for the 2004 because it's doubful that it's a 12 year old vehicle" albeit, I know there are cars that are well maintained and do look brand new despite what year they are... this whole thing is just a mess...

jimmysidecarr
10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
after speaking with the Body Shop Director, I was advised that mystic and mystichrome have the same G6 paint code and they just mistakenly picked the 1996 one. It appears now that the "correct" paint will not be in until next Monday.
Am I correct in thinking that a body shop tech/painter would plug the G6 paint code into some sort of system in order to find out the mixture?
- If so, and there is more than one year model with the same paint code, wouldn't all year models pop up?
- If so, shouldn't the painter (or someone?) be able to tell the difference between the 1996 body style and the 2004 body style?
- If not, shouldn't the painter (or whoever orders it) confirm with the paperwork what year car they are working with?

I just can't imagine that these people who are around cars and work on/paint cars for "many years" (quoting the collision center Director) wouldn't even think, "this must be for the 2004 because it's doubful that it's a 12 year old vehicle" albeit, I know there are cars that are well maintained and do look brand new despite what year they are... this whole thing is just a mess...

More lies!
Someone lied to him or he is just running fast and loose with the "facts" and BS himself!
He should have just said, "sorry we'll fix it" and then STFU!

He must have worked on a farm for a while because he sure is good with that shovel!

:shtowned:
1996 Mustangs BY COLOR
Color Name, Paint Code, Units Sold
Laser Red E9 25,204
Black NA 23,726
Crystal White ZR 20,189
Pacific Green PS 18,592
Rio Red E8 14,490
Midnight (Moonlight) Blue KM 7,655
Deep Violet JS 4,769
Deep Forest Green NA 4,687
Opal Frost WJ 4,392

Mystic (Cobra) LF 1,950

Bright Tangerine CM 829

I'm going to stop now, because I'm too mad to be posting and I don't want to type out what's going through my head right now.

97CasperCobra
10-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Sounds like the idiot doesn't like being told what he does NOT know from a woman. Jimbo, go up there with Shannon and get those jacka$$es set straight!!!

gtdrivr
10-07-2008, 08:19 AM

I just can't imagine that these people who are around cars and work on/paint cars for "many years" (quoting the collision center Director) wouldn't even think, "this must be for the 2004 because it's doubful that it's a 12 year old vehicle" albeit, I know there are cars that are well maintained and do look brand new despite what year they are... this whole thing is just a mess...Again, no one should be ORDERING anything unless they dont mix paint themselves. Every decent sized shop I know mixes their own. If they had to order the flop, that is another issue, but even then, it shouldnt be more than a day!

I dont know if I would let them do the rework. I would take it to a REAL shop. Is this an insurance claim or cash?

backnblack
10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow, this body shop is crazy.

As always, Jimmy is right the paint code is LF for '96. They need to stop filling you full of BS.

And don't let them touch your car again. They have obviously displayed zero knowledge about quality painting.

2004MystiSVT
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
:banghead: In my conversation with the GM yesterday he literally had the audacity to say, "Have you thought about trading your car for a FOOSE mustang? We have a couple nice ones in stock."
Are you kidding me?!?! Did this guy just try to make a sale?? Trade my LIMITED EDITION SVT COBRA for a FOOSE GT?!?!.... A freakin GT??? :mad:
I may be a woman, but damn it, do not insult my intelligence!! :edmond:
I have had it with this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004MystiSVT
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Again, no one should be ORDERING anything unless they dont mix paint themselves. Every decent sized shop I know mixes their own. If they had to order the flop, that is another issue, but even then, it shouldnt be more than a day!

I dont know if I would let them do the rework. I would take it to a REAL shop. Is this an insurance claim or cash?
This is an insurance deal....

XyX
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
This is an insurance deal....pretty sure you can contact your insurance and tell them they painted the car the wrong color and they'll allow you to bring it to another place.

gtdrivr
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
This is an insurance deal....I would talk with the adjuster, tell him what happened, and that you DO NOT want them to touch the car. You want a QUALITY spray job. Let the insurance co take it out of their ass.

The adjuster was really cool with my car. He actually gave the shop 3 stage paint time. When they told him it's a basic 2 stage, he said "I know, but I'm giving you extra time to do this car RIGHT."

2004MystiSVT
10-07-2008, 03:35 PM
pretty sure you can contact your insurance and tell them they painted the car the wrong color and they'll allow you to bring it to another place.
Oh trust me they already know...the ONLY smart thing the body shop has done was to contact my insurance and tell them that they screwed up. I could not believe they got to my insurance faster than I did!! My insurance told them that we can and will take the car somewhere else if necessary but I'm going to give them a chance to get it right so weeeee'll seeeee

2004MystiSVT
10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I would talk with the adjuster, tell him what happened, and that you DO NOT want them to touch the car. You want a QUALITY spray job. Let the insurance co take it out of their ass.

The adjuster was really cool with my car. He actually gave the shop 3 stage paint time. When they told him it's a basic 2 stage, he said "I know, but I'm giving you extra time to do this car RIGHT."
The way I see it, at this rate I say I'm giving them the chance to make it right, but more or less I feel like I'm giving them the chance to mess it up again which will only give me more power (so to speak) against them. As far as I know the body shop is eating the cost of having to re-do what they messed up...plus the cost of re-painting my hood as well...my insurance guy also told them to TAKE THEIR TIME!

Firme
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
What a nightmare Shannon :( . I hope they make things right the second go around, but in the meantime, you have to sit there that much longer till you get your baby back. :mad:

cobrapace94
10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Oh man, this whole ordeal really bites for sure. Hope you have a rental, upgraded now I hope.
Good luck on getting this resolved, sounds like you are going to need luck.

2004MystiSVT
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Curiosity got the best of me once again....I wondered, does this place perform a test spray before they do the work? Soooo, I called the collision center's Director first thing this morning and asked him that very question.
Director - Yes, we always perform a test spray.
ME - On a test panel?
Director - Yes
ME - And is that test panel held up agains the car to make sure the color is right and matches?
Director - Yes
ME - Was this process done with my car?
Director - Absolutely ;)
ME - Then WHY was my car painted?? :scratch: :dunno:
Director - Because the painter didn't see the bronze color in the paint. :doubt:
ME - Even still...the green & purple tones used in Mystic are not the same as those used in Mystichrome! :twitchy:
Director - Ok...

so Monday when that paint arrives at the bodyshop I will be there to witness a test spray and it will not go on my car until I approve...

93KingCobra
10-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Hope it all works out for you it sounds like a big mess....

jimmysidecarr
10-14-2008, 12:50 PM
How is this going?

2004MystiSVT
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
How is this going?15 days ago I dropped my car off
11 days ago I saw their "jaw-dropping" paint job....
:jawdrop:
and the car has been sitting untouched ever since.

The paint was supposed to arrive yesterday and the work was supposed to have been started....no such luck. WOW BIG surprise there. Aparantly, it had not reached their BASF warehouse in the Clearlake area...and althought it was being shipped via UPS, they somehow didn't have a tracking number to figure out where it was located :scratch: I think they forgot about my new chrome wheel too because nobody seems to have information for me about it.
So that's it for now...I'm currently waiting for a response to the voicemail I left a little while ago.

Angel
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
15 days ago I dropped my car off
11 days ago I saw their "jaw-dropping" paint job....
:jawdrop:
and the car has been sitting untouched ever since.

The paint was supposed to arrive yesterday and the work was supposed to have been started....no such luck. WOW BIG surprise there. Aparantly, it had not reached their BASF warehouse in the Clearlake area...and althought it was being shipped via UPS, they somehow didn't have a tracking number to figure out where it was located :scratch: I think they forgot about my new chrome wheel too because nobody seems to have information for me about it.
So that's it for now...I'm currently waiting for a response to the voicemail I left a little while ago.
WOW :eek: :eek: After all this and they pull this stunt? :mad: Time for a call to the Ins. Co. to inform them of the mess-ups; - once again.

How could such valuable Paint get lost track of in the UPS? Sounds like stall tactics to me. Ask for the UPS tracking number and check the UPS Site for the Package.

A possible visit to the Dealership for a written follow up complaint may also be in order.

Bartman01
10-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Aparantly, it had not reached their BASF warehouse in the Clearlake area

Maybe they are just now starting to realize that mystichrome is a DUPONT paint, not a BASF paint:

http://www2.dupont.com/Automotive/en_US/applications/caseStudies/case168.html

gtdrivr
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Again, why is this paint being ordered? baytown auto body mixed it on the spot. It took a couple of hours to get one of the flops in, but that was it. The car was done and back to me in 2 days! There is NO reason it should take more than 5 days total!!!!

2004MystiSVT
10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe they are just now starting to realize that mystichrome is a DUPONT paint, not a BASF paint:

http://www2.dupont.com/Automotive/en_US/applications/caseStudies/case168.htmlTHANK YOU!!!!!

I've been telling them that since day one...but NOOO they continue to insist that it is BASF, I just got back from Planet Disaster and the story (NOW) is that the BASF plant in Clearlake...more specifically Pasadena...had to relocate (perhaps because of IKE?) so UPS was confused as to where to deliver the paint so they..um..sent it back!! :mad: and aparantly the wheel situation is being "handled" ie: the "wheel guy" has taken my wheel & tire to his shop to mount & balance the new wheel...I wish I had thought, when I was there, to look at my car to see if in fact the spare was on it....
- side note -
they don't seem to like seeing me...I can't imagine why? :dunno: :dunno: :rotf:

*This Just In*
The BASF plant WILL have the paint by 10:30am tomorrow.......we shall see...

2004MystiSVT
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Again, why is this paint being ordered? baytown auto body mixed it on the spot. It took a couple of hours to get one of the flops in, but that was it. The car was done and back to me in 2 days! There is NO reason it should take more than 5 days total!!!!
My understanding is that it does have to be ordered...it cannot just be mixed on the spot. When the painter puts in the G6 code, their system will alert them that they must call a paint rep out to determine how much paint will be needed for the job and then the paint rep will place the order. I'm not sure what the situation was with Baytown Auto Body...

03 cobra toy
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
$.02

I would pull your car from that dealer.. I heard they had to wholesale a bunch of used cars to make payroll... :(

jimmysidecarr
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
My understanding is that it does have to be ordered...it cannot just be mixed on the spot. When the painter puts in the G6 code, their system will alert them that they must call a paint rep out to determine how much paint will be needed for the job and then the paint rep will place the order. I'm not sure what the situation was with Baytown Auto Body...

This paint is definitely "field mix capable", mine was field mixed, Casari does field mix. If they can't field mix it then they can't mix anything, which is unlikely but possible.

If they ordered from BASF again then it is quite likely they ordered the wrong stuff again.

I think it time to cut your losses and get in touch with the insurance company, and find out exactly how you can get your car OUT OF THERE! Use them to bring serious heat to this problem. They are not going to want to lose that insurance company's business.

Get them involved, so that Planet can't give you any grief when you yank the car out. Make sure you get your wheel issue resolved also.

jimmysidecarr
10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
$.02

I would pull your car from that dealer.. I heard they had to wholesale a bunch of used cars to make payroll... :(

And you know that can't be good!

They are probably on COD with the paint company as well, and scrambling to come up with a story that sounds good. :doubt:

Angel
10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
This paint is definitely "field mix capable", mine was field mixed, Casari does field mix. If they can't field mix it then they can't mix anything, which is unlikely but possible.

If they ordered from BASF again then it is quite likely they ordered the wrong stuff again.

I think it time to cut your losses and get in touch with the insurance company, and find out exactly how you can get your car OUT OF THERE! Use them to bring serious heat to this problem. They are not going to want to lose that insurance company's business.

Get them involved, so that Planet can't give you any grief when you yank the car out. Make sure you get your wheel issue resolved also.
+1 :thumbsup:

Casari's work is proven and exemplified by many; - according to several SCMC Members. So, if the Ins. would allow you to cut you losses with Planet and move elsewhere; - then, it may be a good move. After all this, IMO, there would be a trust issue with them and that would impede progress as well.

2004MystiSVT
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Get them involved, so that Planet can't give you any grief when you yank the car out. Make sure you get your wheel issue resolved also.yeah...as far as they (Planet Numbskulls) are concerned "my understanding" is merely a...
"ok, if you idiots say so...now I'm going to go post this latest batch of BS :bs: up on the forum and see what everyone has to say about it"
...kind of thing...I do not trust them and I do not believe a word they say. My Ins. is involved with the paint [supposedly] arriving tomorrow, is it still wise to remove the car? I'm really exhausted over this whole mess & I think I've reached a point where I just don't know what to do now...and it's so frustrating to me.
**BUT**
Y'all have been so great in the help & advice you have given to me so far....so with that being said...THANK YOU ALL!!:thumbsup:

p.s. of course they don't know that I post on here...personally, despite the SVTcobraclub.com stickers on my car, I don't think they are smart enough to even think of checking the site to see if anything has been said...

2004MystiSVT
10-15-2008, 06:38 PM
- RECAP -
said sometime last week "We will have the pint by Monday (10/13/08)"
Monday "The paint has not made it to the BASF plant in the Clearlake area because they had to relocate and there was some confusion on the part of UPS as to where to deliver the paint so UPS sent the paint back. It should be here tomorrow. (10/14/08)"
Tuesday later in afternoon "The paint will definitely be at the BASF plant in Clearlake BY 10:30a.m. (10/15/08)" - Body shop Director

...well, 10:30a.m. came and went. By 11:07 I started making calls to BASF myself. They have 2 plants in Pasadena, one of them is considered their Clearlake Plant. In speaking with various people at both locations I learned (from shipping & receiving at Clearlake plant) that they NEVER receive shipments of paint for dealerships, auto body shops, collision centers, etc. Not even speciality paints. They DO NOT receive shipments for small jobs only for large jobs for large companies.

NOT ONLY that... NEITHER LOCATION HAS RELOCATED!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

With...
1. their refusal to give me the name and number of their paint supplier (earlier today)
2. the discovery that they put the NEW wheel and tire on the passenger side front when it was supposed to go on the driver side front (note: directional tires...can't just switch it to the driver side)
3. and all of the above information... (plus the BS up until now)

I called my insurance guy...explained everything...I have taken repossession of my car and tomorrow morning I am taking her to Casari's where she'll be treated right! :thumbsup:

I cannot wait to wake up from this nightmare!

XyX
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Jeez thats one HUGE ordeal...glad everything is starting to work out. Hope the new place does it right and quick.:)

gtdrivr
10-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Good. It's finally going to a capable shop!

Long live mystichrome!!!!!!!!!

Angel
10-16-2008, 11:00 AM
- RECAP -

I called my insurance guy...explained everything...I have taken repossession of my car and tomorrow morning I am taking her to Casari's where she'll be treated right! :thumbsup:

I cannot wait to wake up from this nightmare!
:thumbsup: Very Nice. Gets you out of all the drama and less stress about getting her done right.

:bounce: Mysti's Spot is booked in the Trailer........ :cool: btw, Bruce Remembered her form Last Year. :)

chiller5ohhh
10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
i wonder if you could sue Planet for mental hardship and suffering? :rotf:

2004MystiSVT
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
i wonder if you could sue Planet for mental hardship and suffering? :rotf:
LOL...I should!!

2004MystiSVT
10-21-2008, 01:39 PM
MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

PLANET FORD HAS MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO REPAIR CUSTOMER VEHICLE,
AFTER ORDERING THE CORRECT FACTORY PACK PAINT FROM BASF. THE CUSTOMER
THEN DECIDED TO TAKE THE VEHICLE TO A DIFFERENT REPAIR FACILITY,

The BBB gives you an option to accept their response or reject it....OH YES IT WAS REJECTED!!! :thumbdwn: And I had to add another page and a half to my complaint.................

Angel
10-21-2008, 05:37 PM
MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

PLANET FORD HAS MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO REPAIR CUSTOMER VEHICLE,
AFTER ORDERING THE CORRECT FACTORY PACK PAINT FROM BASF. THE CUSTOMER
THEN DECIDED TO TAKE THE VEHICLE TO A DIFFERENT REPAIR FACILITY,

The BBB gives you an option to accept their response or reject it....OH YES IT WAS REJECTED!!! :thumbdwn: And I had to add another page and a half to my complaint.................

:thumbsup: It is right that they [BBB] hear your experiance and address it; - to more of an extent than just a simple generic response. (As Planet Ford had done.) If Planet refuses to accept responsability, the BBB will keep your information on file for reference in future inquiries.

2004MystiSVT
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
A little while ago, I received a call from Planet Ford's body shop director. He was calling because I rejected their response to my BBB complaint...(copy posted earlier). He asked me, "what would it take to get you to accept our response?" I was like I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Again he says, "what response from us will you accept so that we don't have to keep going round and round with the BBB? All they are is a mediator." I asked him, "do you want me to give you a response that is acceptable to me so that you can use it and when it comes back to me I can accept it?" and he straight up said YES! I simply told him that I cannot do that and they are going to have to work in their own defense. To which he replied with, "we don't have one." Not my problem. I explained that given all the BS and lies I was told that was why I pulled my car from his shop. I told him that I spoke to the BASF plants and the information they gave me and he said I was misinformed and that he told me the paint was going to a "jobber" and the "jobber" relocated. I'm sorry but that IS NOT what I was told. I would remember the term "jobber." Anyway, I explained that I gave them PLENTY of time to get it right and the length of time was just unacceptable. He proceeded to tell me that, "Oh I know you took your car to Casari's...George and I are good friends...I said I am fully aware that Geroge knows you, he told me that on Thursday. He proceeded to tell me that he has a copy of the estimate from Casari's ($5,500.00). I questioned why he would have that or why would it even be necessary for him to have it....he said my ins gave it to him...but also said they (Planet Ford) aren't paying for it...I said well that's between you and my ins. I was also told that there is nothing stopping him from going to Casari's to look at my car. I asked him why he would need to do that...there was no reason. I stated that the minute I pulled my car from his shop meant they were finished with it!! He said that he goes by Casari's either every day or all the time I can't remember which but in any event I informed him that he doesn't need to be checking out my car. This went on for 10 min. He then wanted to challenge me on the workmanship from his shop which I agreed that at first it appeared to me that it was well done....but in further, closer inspection with George there was obvious flaws...which George pointed out...his reaponse was well I could have shown you the flaws from your last repair. That's irrelevant!! Long, Long, Long story short it seemed all he wanted to do was argue back and forth and I just couldn't waste any more of my time with that.

Firme
10-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Wow, seeing at the way this guy thinks, I am beginning to understand how they think all the BS they put you through if perfectly ok. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

If he keeps hassling you, you may want to call his GM.....

XyX
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow, seeing at the way this guy thinks, I am beginning to understand how they think all the BS they put you through if perfectly ok. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

If he keeps hassling you, you may want to call his GM.....or call fords corporate office....thats ridiculous how he is still calling you.

gtdrivr
10-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Is the car done yet?

texaswrx
10-23-2008, 01:05 PM
A little while ago, I received a call from Planet Ford's body shop director. He was calling because I rejected their response to my BBB complaint...(copy posted earlier). He asked me, "what would it take to get you to accept our response?" I was like I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Again he says, "what response from us will you accept so that we don't have to keep going round and round with the BBB? All they are is a mediator." I asked him, "do you want me to give you a response that is acceptable to me so that you can use it and when it comes back to me I can accept it?" and he straight up said YES! I simply told him that I cannot do that and they are going to have to work in their own defense. To which he replied with, "we don't have one." Not my problem. I explained that given all the BS and lies I was told that was why I pulled my car from his shop. I told him that I spoke to the BASF plants and the information they gave me and he said I was misinformed and that he told me the paint was going to a "jobber" and the "jobber" relocated. I'm sorry but that IS NOT what I was told. I would remember the term "jobber." Anyway, I explained that I gave them PLENTY of time to get it right and the length of time was just unacceptable. He proceeded to tell me that, "Oh I know you took your car to Casari's...George and I are good friends...I said I am fully aware that Geroge knows you, he told me that on Thursday. He proceeded to tell me that he has a copy of the estimate from Casari's ($5,500.00). I questioned why he would have that or why would it even be necessary for him to have it....he said my ins gave it to him...but also said they (Planet Ford) aren't paying for it...I said well that's between you and my ins. I was also told that there is nothing stopping him from going to Casari's to look at my car. I asked him why he would need to do that...there was no reason. I stated that the minute I pulled my car from his shop meant they were finished with it!! He said that he goes by Casari's either every day or all the time I can't remember which but in any event I informed him that he doesn't need to be checking out my car. This went on for 10 min. He then wanted to challenge me on the workmanship from his shop which I agreed that at first it appeared to me that it was well done....but in further, closer inspection with George there was obvious flaws...which George pointed out...his reaponse was well I could have shown you the flaws from your last repair. That's irrelevant!! Long, Long, Long story short it seemed all he wanted to do was argue back and forth and I just couldn't waste any more of my time with that.

They are bordering on harrasment.

kencobra
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM
I can vouch for Casari's excellent work. Last year I needed some work done and Jimmy gave me their name ( thanks again Jimmy) :thumbsup: . After the car came out I entered it in the AutoRama and won "Best In Class".

2004MystiSVT
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Is the car done yet?no the car isn't done yet...I went to look at it today and I'm still not sure if it's quite right.....I just don't know:( :dunno:

2004MystiSVT
10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I can vouch for Casari's excellent work. Last year I needed some work done and Jimmy gave me their name ( thanks again Jimmy) :thumbsup: . After the car came out I entered it in the AutoRama and won "Best In Class".
I remember...my car was in the show too!!

2004MystiSVT
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
well.....the drama with this car of mine just won't seem to stop. After dropping of the rental yesterday I headed to Casari's to pick up my car and to my dismay the fresh paint was riddled with fine scratches as if it was cleaned with the scrubby side of a two-sided sponge! I just don't get it. I had them take it to the back and work on it again (2nd time seeing it this way) By the time they brought the car back out the sun was down so you could not see any scratches if they were there. Upon looking at the car in the sunlight today.....they are still very much there and my passenger side mirror is all scratched up and dented on the black piece. Not sure what they were doing when they took the mirror off to paint it....it has to go back tomorrow....

-passenger side scratches in half circle pattern where black piece meets the mirror. The sunlight makes it a little harder to see how bad it really is....
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/1028081339.jpg

- driver side mirror...what the passenger side should look like
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/sdw2877/1028081354.jpg

Angel
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't know how they made the mess with the mirror: - typically, they hang the mirror after sanding to paint and cure...... :scratch:

jimmysidecarr
10-29-2008, 03:36 PM
There is a good possibility they may have to buy you a new mirror. They used inadequate (or no) masking on the black part before sanding in that area, the black area, I believe is part of the mirror.

Someone goofed.

I'm pretty confident George will make it right for you.

Twice Bitten
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Someone tried to cheat and it did not work this time :mad:

2004MystiSVT
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Dropped the car back off at Casari's this morning to have the runs in the clearcoat corrected along with some other paint flaws...thank you Edmond and Patrick for giving the car a close inspection and pointing that stuff out :thumbsup: also having the scratches buffed out and top part of driver side fender painted...which they forgot to do the first time...oh yeah and they are going to try to "fix" the mirror....

From coBRA to coBALT...:rolleyes:...better watch out :cool:

Firme
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
oh noes not a coBalt :eek: :burnout: :flash:

:D Hope you get the snake back soon to your liking. :thumbsup:

2004MystiSVT
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I just wanted to say that I FINALLY have my baby back and she FINALLY looks GREAT!!! WHEW! I never thought that nightmare would end!

- Thank you Casari's Paint & Auto body :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Angel
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I just wanted to say that I FINALLY have my baby back and she FINALLY looks GREAT!!! WHEW! I never thought that nightmare would end!

- Thank you Casari's Paint & Auto body :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:bounce: :thumbsup: Cooooool! Good for you for staying the course!

Nice with Caseri standing by his work; - not common anymore these days! :thumbsup: