PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Houston AutoRama

Angel
10-14-2008, 03:23 PM
:bounce: :eek: It's that TIME again. AutoRama is quickly approaching and there are Cobras to be shown off and the Club to Promote. :cool:

Pending the details of the Upcoming Show, I am guaging interest in Participation and need a total of 4-6 cars. 6 Cars to fill up the entire SCMC Booth space would be awesome. :thumbsup:
:)

Without a total of 6 other Volunteers, Mine will count as 1 car.

2004MystiSVT is hoping to get her Mystichrome out from repair by then and would be car #2.

:bounce: 4 More are needed. :bounce:

Need a Solid Committment on who is willing to participate their car for the show.

Typically, the Show extends Thursday through Sunday of Thanksgiving Weekend with move-in the evening prior. The cars must remain on site for the duration of the show. I plan on being there during show hours each of the days of the show and can keep an eye on the cars and do the show maint. on them each morning.

Last year we had 5 cars, most of them Winning First Place, and garnished good representaion for the Club. We achieved several new Members and was under constant viewership during the show time.

Time is getting limited, and I would like to have the committments soon.

For those interested therefore,

Participants need only to do the following:

1. Get the car Clean & in good condition. (Most in our Club are.)
2. Get the car to the Show the night prior to opening and initial set up.
3. Pick up the car Sunday after the show ends in the evening. (typically after 7pm)

* More Details to be added as soon as they come in from Carl F.

CALL Outs:

Larry's Cobra "R" (She adds so much diversity to our show group!) (GT would be nice there too!); I [Will] ask. :D

There are a few GT500's in the Club that NEED showing off.

John G. (Chingasos) Beautiful '93 Cobra Teal Hatch - Mas Bueno - let her in. :bounce:

STAN (Clean it up!); oke: We need a Race Cobra in the Booth for Diversity and to show this side of the Club.

There's a Yummaaaaaay Mystichrome Cobra (YOU know who You are); And no excuses I know it's Fast and Pretty. Cigars not Incl. :cool:

There is a certain Orange Cobra (Again You know who You are!) (You want to show it off, now's the Time!);

BackInBlack and CarlG..... I know time is hard to come by......please consider. :)

I would also like to see a Cobra of Each Generation Represented to show the diversity of the SVTs.

Show Off those sweet RIDES, not just by Racing them!

Support the Cub !

texaswrx
10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Might be possible this year. I will have to wait until my schedule clears up.

Twice Bitten
10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
John Himsel has the nicest '03 Cobra :thumbsup:

Angel
10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Might be possible this year. I will have to wait until my schedule clears up.
If memory serves me correctly, Cindy Ferrarro will need the apps. by early November. Let me know as soon as you decide.

Larry, I know John has a nice Cobra; - but he had not committed yet.

:D Still not stopping me from asking for that R though. :cool: I'd be willing to clean and wax it for show. If you could just get her there Wed on move in day, and pick up after 8 Sunday night; - I would watch her and take care of her at the show. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Landon told his Uncle Jack that we would have Thanksgiving at his house. He lives in Tulsa.

jimmysidecarr
10-15-2008, 02:42 PM
John Himsel has the nicest '03 Cobra :thumbsup:

YES INDEED! His car is STUNNING! His would be real show stopper if you could get in touch with him. He loves car shows and has done an amazing job on his car!

I'm thinking you will probably be maxed out on Terminators relatively early, 03 and 04 runs together are about 19,000 cars.

But if you still need another Terminator, I may be available, since I'm not allowed to track it anymore, I might as well do some car shows.

No cigars, No "racing", No alcohol, no heavy lifting. :rolleyes: Yet I don't feel any different than I did before.

I'm towing the line and being a good boy.

2004MystiSVT
10-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm thinking you will probably be maxed out on Terminators relatively early, 03 and 04 runs together are about 19,000 cars.

But if you still need another Terminator, I may be available, since I'm not allowed to track it anymore, I might as well do some car shows.

No cigars, No "racing", No alcohol, no heavy lifting. :rolleyes: Yet I don't feel any different than I did before.

I'm towing the line and being a good boy.
I think Linda will agree with me (especially since we were discussing it earlier :D ) that the display of a mystichrome coupe & a mystichrome vert side by side last year drew AAAAAAAAA LLLLLLLLLLOT of attention!!!! So think about it :thumbsup:

Angel
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM
YES INDEED! His car is STUNNING! His would be real show stopper if you could get in touch with him. He loves car shows and has done an amazing job on his car!

I'm towing the line and being a good boy.John is considering bringing his Beauty back to AutoRama. :thumbsup:

:bounce: As Mysti says; - doing the Mystichrome Coupe and Vert again like last year was a blast. It drew a lot of attention and was a real conversation piece. :)

:D

SOooooo, if we have Jimmy in, John, Angel and Mysti; - then we need only ONE MORE!!! :bounce:

Edit; - If Jimmy is in, then we get our Race Car Representation, and I sure would like to see a White '98 Cobra Track Car in there as well. :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have an option pending to place Angel with another Group Booth. So, if there is anyone else who would like in; please let me know very soon - then that can be done for you. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
10-16-2008, 11:50 PM
OK It looks like I should be able to do this, except I have a TON of questions.

Do I need to pre-register here--> http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/entry/form/houston_entry.html

OR

Since this is a club display do I go through you Linda?

How much is it?

What are the rules?

Need pics of the car at certain angles?

I have heard about some, kinda quirky, rules like drip pans, almost empty gas tanks, fake empty,labeled, gas, oil, and antifreeze cans, fire extinguisher, condoms, OOPS NO :eek:, some cars have a wheel off to show chrome uber blingage, can we show race brakes and brake ducts?
Street tires or race tires?
Put the roll bar cross brace back in with the race belts? Or leave it in purely street trim?
Placard board(s) with mods and specs? If so how big?
Race Pics? Dyno Sheets?

So what's the Deal-E-O? I think I need some coaching. :scratch: :dunno:

97CasperCobra
10-17-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm sure Bart, Keith or I can help with that if you need it
I have heard about some, kinda quirky, rules like drip pans I have one if you need it, almost empty gas tanks YES, no more than 1/4 of gas in the tank, fake empty,labeled, gas, oil, and antifreeze cans only if you want...most are just for show, fire extinguisher YES...i think, condoms no comment, OOPS NO :eek:, some cars have a wheel off to show chrome uber blingage, can we show race brakes and brake ducts? a HUGE HELL YEA!!!!
Street tires or race tires? whatever you prefer
Put the roll bar cross brace back in with the race belts? Or leave it in purely street trim? I would go with RACE trim
Placard board(s) with mods and specs? If so how big? Yes
Race Pics? Dyno Sheets? If you want to

I tried to help in RED

Angel
10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
OK It looks like I should be able to do this, except I have a TON of questions.

Do I need to pre-register here--> http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/entry/form/houston_entry.html

OR

Since this is a club display do I go through you Linda?

How much is it?

What are the rules?

I have heard about some, kinda quirky, rules like drip pans, almost empty gas tanks, fake empty,labeled, gas, oil, and antifreeze cans, fire extinguisher, condoms, OOPS NO :eek:, some cars have a wheel off to show chrome uber blingage, can we show race brakes and brake ducts?
Street tires or race tires?
Put the roll bar cross brace back in with the race belts? Or leave it in purely street trim?
Placard board(s) with mods and specs? If so how big?
Race Pics? Dyno Sheets?

If everyone interested in AutoRama can PM me Your Addresses. :thumbsup: I shall contact Cindy Ferrarro (She is in charge of the Registration) this weekend and ask her to mail out the Applications.

Fill out the application, enclose the fee. I believe Club Members is 35.00 fo the CASI Membership and 15.00 for Judging for a total of 50.00. Pics, a color of a 3/4 Front Shot, regular size and a 3/4 shot of the Rear is required. Upon registering, a Rulebook will be provided. It is well worth the time to read it as some things may change from year to year and it answers a lot of commonly asked questions.

Yes, dismounting a wheel is a good idea to show the bling in there. Tires, as far as I know , is any street legal kind. I will need to double check on that one.

John Himsel, if memory serves me correctly, had his roll bar and race belts in.

A Show Board, as it is commonly called, is typically 11 x 17 size, matted to a 16 x 22 frame. Framing the Birth Certificate is also common. Make a Board of the Factory car and one of the Modified Car is best. They need not be any larger. Too large of pics. detract from the car once placed on an easel and may block the view of the car. Dyno Sheets are a good idea too; - companion it with the Mods. llisting. A pic of the car on the race track is also cool in your case to showcase the purpose of the car.

Other tips:

Keep all like frames and stands for your display when having multiples.

A model diecast of the car is also a neat touch.

Keep away from using stuffed animals, things that may indicate that it is of "toy" quality, accessories non-related to the car. Mirrors can be used, but must allow the Judge to freely walk around the car and look where ever he needs to.

Refrain from placing any display item on the engine bay. They do not like this at all.

We have rope and stancions, and as simple as they are, seem to be the most effective and keeping rugrats, etc. out. lol

We also have a tall SCMC canvas banner and stand to identify the Club.

You will need to bring the things you would typically do at a car show - no coolers are allowed - no alcohol - sorry - no cigs. :D :eek:

1/4 Tank of gas - PERIOD - allowed on the show floor. Bring a socket to disconnect your battery - Duct tape over the fuel filler cap. Fire Marshall Rules and you will be signing a Waiver to indicate you read and abide by the Fire Safety Rules.

All show cars must have windows down - unlocked - trunk open - hood open - convertible tops up - at all times - 24 Hours. Judging goes on overnight too.

A word about security - there are guards 24/7 - I will be there from 7 am to 9 pm each day to watch and do a pre dust on the cars each day before the show starts.

I think this about covers it. I shall dbl. check on the tires and roll bar.:thumbsup:

If you need my phone number to ask questions, etc. please feel free to pm me and I shall issue it to you. There is a lot of little things, but most of it is preparation.

Angel
10-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I tried to help in RED
Oh yes. :thumbsup: Drip pans are typically required for Classics. The Rulebook will detail the years, etc.

Fire Ext. optional - but is indeed a nice touch. I do bring one to all shows. Find a color to match your car.

If you want to make in impact - keeping to the Theme and Purpose of the car, color co-ordination - continunity - it is optional to bring Trophies to display. It is not required and I been told they will frown on too many if it looks like a clutter..... I would recommend one of each type - i.e. a half dozen or so of the noteable ones for Purpose to showcase her Resume.

Ex. Race Trophies, Best of Show, Best of CLass, People Choice, Mfgr. Choice, etc.:)

John Himsel
10-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Guys / Gals.....thanks for the KUDOs! (Larry, too kind) All of Club Cars are top notch.

I will plan to show if you have space.......If not, its my fault for responding late.

As for race belts......mine stay in.

As for fuel.....YOU WILL MAKE IT PAST THE CHECK BOOTH WITH MORE THAN 1/4 tank.....the Fire Marshall has ZERO Tolerance.

Linda.....do you have the overhead layout of the George R. Brown booths.....where is the club situated?

1BD SNK
10-18-2008, 10:51 AM
If you want something different i dont think it will sell on ebay but If i still have the car would be willing to get it cleaned up and ready for show just like in magazine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130262755076 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130262755076)

This is the link to the car on ebay.....tons of tire kickers on there would like to be able to show the car with club if interested let me know.

Angel
10-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Guys / Gals.....thanks for the KUDOs! (Larry, too kind) All of Club Cars are top notch.

I will plan to show if you have space.......If not, its my fault for responding late.

As for race belts......mine stay in.

As for fuel.....YOU WILL MAKE IT PAST THE CHECK BOOTH WITH MORE THAN 1/4 tank.....the Fire Marshall has ZERO Tolerance.

Linda.....do you have the overhead layout of the George R. Brown booths.....where is the club situated?
John, I will need to get that information from Cindy Ferrarro. Will keep you informed.

+1 Guys and Gals; - very strict policy on the Fuel. Some guys had to go outside for a little fun up the highway last year. :eek:

Angel
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM
If you want something different i dont think it will sell on ebay but If i still have the car would be willing to get it cleaned up and ready for show just like in magazine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130262755076 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130262755076)

This is the link to the car on ebay.....tons of tire kickers on there would like to be able to show the car with club if interested let me know.
:bounce:

We need firm committments by the end of this week.

I need to get names and Addresses to Cindy SOON!!! Her Deadline is the first week in November to the Show Officials.

If you could postpone the sale and / delivery of the car; to the Potential Interested Buyer; until after Thanksgiving; - and result in a Registration Committment, that would be great. :thumbsup: This is about the only way we can make this happen.

Spaces are a First Come - First Served - Club Members First - Basis. :thumbsup:

We would like to have you at the Show. :)

Angel
10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
I think Linda will agree with me (especially since we were discussing it earlier :D ) that the display of a mystichrome coupe & a mystichrome vert side by side last year drew AAAAAAAAA LLLLLLLLLLOT of attention!!!! So think about it :thumbsup:

:bounce: :thumbsup:

I will need your Name, Mailing Address and contact Phone Number to get to Cindy by the end of the week. :bounce: :)

This applies to ANYONE Interested and willing to make a Committment to Show. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you all for your Interest and Dedication to the Club!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

[ Not forgetting the Call-Outs!!! ] Step up guys; -

We still need a Few more!!! :) :bounce:

2004MystiSVT
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Does one have to join or register with ISCA?

97CasperCobra
10-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Does one have to join or register with ISCA?
I believe the membership is free with the Autorama fee.

Angel
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I believe the membership is free with the Autorama fee.
The 50.00 Registration Fee includes a 35.00 fee for the CASI in order to show at an AutoRama, and 15.00 for the Judging Fee. Then, you get a sticker to put in your window. If you put it in the window - it gets you a couple extra points. Many do not know that. :thumbsup:

Angel
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
:eek: It's getting close guys and gals!!! :bounce:

:bump:

After all those beautiful :hail: and jaw-dropping Snakes :jawdrop: I seen last Saturday, there must be three more that are willing to commit.....

:yup:

Talked to Cindy; - we need the forms out this week and back to her by Novemver 12th!

Still some time.... :thumbsup:

Shine 'Em up.... :D

Free 4-day Sitter to watch them if you cannot be there during show time..... :cool:

jimmysidecarr
10-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I have my form all filled out, just don't have the photos done yet.

So is the move in date Wednesday evening 11/26/2008?

2004MystiSVT
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Free 4-day Sitter to watch them if you cannot be there during show time..... :cool:+ 1 for babysitting ;)

Angel
10-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Yes, it Is :thumbsup: I do believe it's anytime after 2pm. Must be out of bldg by 8 pm though.

Let me know guys, I have the forms coming from Cindy; - if you need one.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Angel
10-27-2008, 06:48 PM
+ 1 for babysitting ;)
:D

Babysitting benefits include TLC each morning for dust removal, answering questions through the day, and maintenance of the Booth. :cool:

2004MystiSVT
10-28-2008, 01:15 PM
UMMMM....sorry to say this but I'm out :( ... the car is not right... and I'm pretty sure it's going up for sale!

Angel
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
UMMMM....sorry to say this but I'm out :( ... the car is not right... and I'm pretty sure it's going up for sale!

:eek: Sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated on what happens.

Angel
11-01-2008, 02:54 PM

:bounce: Jimmy, if you are still going, I can bring the forms to you tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I need a couple more for AutoRama; - Deadline for applicants is November 12th - absolute Latest! I bring them to You; - make it happen!

Represent!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jimmysidecarr
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM

:bounce: Jimmy, if you are still going, I can bring the forms to you tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I need a couple more for AutoRama; - Deadline for applicants is November 12th - absolute Latest! I bring them to You; - make it happen!

Represent!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have the downloaded form all filled out, I have the (2) 3/4 view photos snapped and printed out, and I have the check!
Let me know where you would like me to meet you, with these items and we can get this registration thing rolling. :thumbsup:

Angel
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I have the downloaded form all filled out, I have the (2) 3/4 view photos snapped and printed out, and I have the check!
Let me know where you would like me to meet you, with these items and we can get this registration thing rolling. :thumbsup:
:bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

I shall PM you my Mailing Address here in Houston; and you can send them to this week. Tonite, after work, I am bound for Las Vegas for SEMA all week and the end of week I can get it to Cindy Ferrero. As long as she receives them by November 14 we are good. Anyone else looking to go please give me a call and we can arrange it up also. Please feel free to contact me at the number listed early on in this Thread!!!!!

:eek:

o.k.

I need a couple more !!!! :bounce: :bounce:

:D You all know who you are!!!! Show Winners!!! :cool:

jimmysidecarr
11-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a problem. A conflict has come up in my INSANE schedule, and it is going to prevent me from doing this show.

I am very sorry, but I am OUT.

kencobra
11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Last year for the show I bought a very nice piece of black carpet for under the car that will fill the sze of a single space. If someone that is showing their ride wants to borrow it let me know. :)

Ken

Angel
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a problem. A conflict has come up in my INSANE schedule, and it is going to prevent me from doing this show.

I am very sorry, but I am OUT.
Sorry to hear that. :( You do what is best for you. :thumbsup: Maybe next time.

We still need some cars! Please step up before Wednesday. Deadline is Thursday for the Applications to Cindy. I can drive them to you and deliver to CIndy if needed. :D

:bounce: Represent the Club!

:bounce: Show off your Snake!

:bounce: Free Babysitter!

:thumbsup: Just get the cars there Wednesday before 8; - and pick up Sunday night.

Angel
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( You do what is best for you. :thumbsup: Maybe next time.

We still need some cars! Please step up before Wednesday. Deadline is Thursday for the Applications to Cindy. I can drive them to you and deliver to CIndy if needed. :D

:bounce: Represent the Club!

:bounce: Show off your Snake!

:bounce: Free Babysitter!

:thumbsup: Just get the cars there Wednesday before 8; - and pick up Sunday night.

BUMP !

Where are those beautiful Cobras!

:Reminder:

Deadline is this Thursday for Committment!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Angel
11-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Sorry to let Y'all know, we will not be representing at AutoRama this year due to lack of volunteers.

Here's to hoping for better luck next year! :thumbsup: