PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Problem

LiveCobra
10-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I have the stock eaton s/c. I developed an intake leak due to worn gaskets for the lower air plenum. Of course to get to it, you have to remove the whole s/c. The main sympton for this, for those of you who might have the same problem, was that it idles really rough, service engine light on, idles at higher rpms, and terrible gas mileage. After buttoning it all back up, the car stuttered a little bit at first but then went away. Soon after, the service engine light came back on and now the check gas cap light came on. It idles like a champ again though. Anyway, I've checked it over and over and I seem to have everything plugged back in correctly again. Any ideas what it could be.

PS: one thing i've noticed...at times the s/c will cut off making no boost. Also, were as before it used to only make about 8lbs of boost, it now makes over 10lbs according to the stock gauge which is odd because it never did it before. More boost is cool but I'm worried that it's giving me more boost but the "wrong way"....i tell you what, I really notice the bigger boost when i get on it also. Anyway, this thing got long but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

2003, svt, silver, on 19" Falkens with BFG kdw's, flowmasters, steed cai, pretty much stock

avmech
11-12-2008, 02:27 AM
as far as cutting off boost, it shouldn't because its running off of the crank. if it does stop making boost and the car falls on its face then the boost by pass or the boost actautor might be going. for making more boost it should always make 10 lbs and then drops down to 8psi. you can make it run 10 all the time by switching the 2 hoses between the boost actuator and the boost bypass around.

LiveCobra
11-12-2008, 09:10 PM
as far as cutting off boost, it shouldn't because its running off of the crank. if it does stop making boost and the car falls on its face then the boost by pass or the boost actautor might be going. for making more boost it should always make 10 lbs and then drops down to 8psi. you can make it run 10 all the time by switching the 2 hoses between the boost actuator and the boost bypass around.
great, thanks for the suggestion, i haven't checked it out since i first posted this but i'll check it asap.

gfcobra
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Highly unlikely however possible, it might be going into limp mode. If the computer senses something wrong it will pull out timing, things like over heating, etc may cause this. I have had this happen on track, you press on the gas & nothing happens.

Gary.