PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Fuel Pump

Moose
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
A quick question. I've been looking for a fuel pump upgrade, but I am unable to find any. What are you using for a fuel pump upgrades and where did you find it?

Thanks for you help.

blk04cobra1
10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
It really just depends on how much power you are needing to support. Most would just do dual svt focus pumps or if you're needing a little more the dual GT40 pumps. Of course there's always return style, but most do not need that much.

Big T
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
What's your mods?

Moose
10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Not too many.

Right now I have the Stgmr stage 5 (but before the end of the year I will be upgrading to a Whipple or a KB (cost considering))
Accufab throttle body
Port & Polished heads
2.8 upperpulley
JLT CAI

That's it. Nothing like you! It is not tunned but will be when I do the supercharger swap. It produces 478 rwhp with just what you see above. Another question, what type of mods would you do next? In addtion to the fuel pump.

The fuel pump is going out on me and I know I will need to place it. I just figure why not replace it with an upgraded version for the future instead of the terribly expensive stock.

Zero Lash
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
A 1000 supports up to 800 hp

JROC
10-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I say return style fuel system FTW, and returnless style FTL!

With this kit from Lethal the return is in the fuel hat.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-20413/lp-0304cobreturn-lethal-performance-03-04-cobra-return-style-fuel-system.html

puzzle13
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I am running a Whipple with 15lbs of boost & have 575 rwhp. I upgraded my injectors, used dual GT pumps w/ the Fore fuel hat ( great piece & easy to install!), and installed the modified fpdm(?). No other fuel upgrades and I run the car hard on the open track with no problems. The return system is good and the Fore hat works for that also, but as I was informed, that is only really needed with much higher horsepower.

puzzle13
10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Not too many.

Right now I have the Stgmr stage 5 (but before the end of the year I will be upgrading to a Whipple of KB (cost considering))
Accufab throttle body
Port & Polished heads
2.8 upperpulley
JLT CAI

That's it. Nothing like you! It is not tunned but will be when I do the supercharger swap. It produces 478 rwhp with just what you see above. Another question, what type of mods would you do next? In addtion to the fuel pump.

The fuel pump is going out on me and I know I will need to place it. I just figure why not replace it with an upgraded version for the future instead of the terribly expensive stock.If you want to replace your stock fuel pumps cheap ... let me know, I still have the two I removed and they only had 15k on them. :D

Big T
10-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Not too many.

Right now I have the Stgmr stage 5 (but before the end of the year I will be upgrading to a Whipple or a KB (cost considering))
Accufab throttle body
Port & Polished heads
2.8 upperpulley
JLT CAI

The fuel pump is going out on me and I know I will need to place it. I just figure why not replace it with an upgraded version for the future instead of the terribly expensive stock.

I got the BAP but I would suggest GT pumps with FPDM upgrade. 60# Injectors are also a must. I'm about to install my 21# pulley and the BAP may not be able to handle it. We'll see.

blueblazes
10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Linkie (http://www.innovativesitedesign.com/03cobratech/gt40pumpupgrade.html)

avmech
11-04-2008, 12:30 AM
just run a KB BAP. 230 bucks and it will take you to just over 600hp. if you are only going for 550 to 600 stock injectors will hold. you dont need to run a fuel rail unless you are going for big numbers. i had stock injectors and stock fuel rail with a BAP and had 600 hp on the spray. ran fine never had a problem. I just up graded my rails and injectors because i am running a 3.4 and the spray now. will need to go for the GT pumps now.