PDA

View Full Version : my new toy!

Andy M
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Folks,

After nearly a two year vacation from Cobra ownership, I'm back now with a street/track car of my own. :banana: Tammy and I purchased David's '03 Cobra this afternoon. To say we are excited is a huge understatement! :rolleyes: I've actually been on the prowl for a couple of months now for a track only car but thinking about owning David's car all the while.

My smokin' hot babe wife was very supportive and said she would be happy either way, but in the end we made the decision together to buy a more practical car. This car is truly the best of both worlds. It is a one owner, highly modified street car that can still be driven on the street in comfort - and at the same time being a truly amazing track car when the need for speed knocks on the door. David began tastefully modifiying the car from the first day of ownership and did so without compromise. It truly is a wonderful car and I feel very privileged to have it sitting inside my garage now.

So, expect to see Tammy and I at some of the club events from now on - now that we have another snake in the garage. :thumbsup: I will post pics this weekend. I am sorry to say we will not be able to make the track event at MSRH this coming weekend as we have prior plans. :( If we are able to squeeze a little time in, we may drive up to the track just to say hello.

It sure feels good to be back!! Expect to see us at the track next year!! :bounce: I will be getting Tammy a helmet so she can come out with me and enjoy the car. Who knows, maybe I can talk her into doing a track event in it. ;)

Tammy,
I love you baby - you are my soulmate and best friend in the world and I am truly looking forward to sharing my passion with you! By the way, in case you are all wondering? We titled the car in Tammy's name - so it is technically her car! :D

Twice Bitten
11-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Congratulations on getting a great track car. :thumbsup: I am just glad I am not in your run group :D

Andy M
11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Congratulations on getting a great track car. :thumbsup: I am just glad I am not in your run group :D Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am a bit rusty and will need a couple of track days to get back in the saddle. But oh boy, what a machine to get back in the groove! Man, this thing really sings at full throttle! And it has A/C and a radio to boot! :rolleyes:

jimmysidecarr
11-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Congratulations!!!

I couldn't think of a better match up if I had to.
I think Tammy and you will be very pleased and surprised at how civilized that car truly is, given it's mod level and amazing performance capabilities.

I also think it will be no more difficult to adapt to then learning a new set of tires or brake pads, Though your genuine attempt at humility is refreshing.

We know you Andy, and we know how fast you adapt to new tracks, tires, pads, car, whatever.

I'm so glad David found such a worthy owner for that incredible car.

I drive mine all over the place, though it's less capable in a corner being on stock springs and shocks, it does have a few mods. :D

These cars just beg to be driven every time you walk through the garage. ;)
It's almost audible, "NO TAKE ME! TAKE ME! Not that other car, it's so boring!"

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-04-2008, 12:24 AM
WOW...i am FLOORED!!!!!! Congrats on the purchase Andy, gonna be GREAT having you on the track again!!!!

Now I wonder what David is gonna put in the Cobra's place..... :confused: :scratch:

.....and you can't have your original 2000 Cobra R rims with the Sport Cups back Andy.... :p

Andy M
11-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Congratulations!!!

I couldn't think of a better match up if I had to.
I think Tammy and you will be very pleased and surprised at how civilized that car truly is, given it's mod level and amazing performance capabilities.

I also think it will be no more difficult to adapt to then learning a new set of tires or brake pads, Though your genuine attempt at humility is refreshing.

We know you Andy, and we know how fast you adapt to new tracks, tires, pads, car, whatever.

I'm so glad David found such a worthy owner for that incredible car.

I drive mine all over the place, though it's less capable in a corner being on stock springs and shocks, it does have a few mods. :D

These cars just beg to be driven every time you walk through the garage. ;)
It's almost audible, "NO TAKE ME! TAKE ME! Not that other car, it's so boring!"

LOL! :D :thumbsup:Thanks Jimmy! I was just as giddy last night after driving it home as I was 7 years ago when I took the R home. This is truly an amazing piece of machinery. My hat is off to David for how well this car is sorted out. He's already done everything I would have done to it. Now all I have to do is go out and enjoy it!

See you guys soon!!! :thumbsup:

Andy M
11-04-2008, 05:43 AM
WOW...i am FLOORED!!!!!! Congrats on the purchase Andy, gonna be GREAT having you on the track again!!!!

Now I wonder what David is gonna put in the Cobra's place..... :confused: :scratch:

.....and you can't have your original 2000 Cobra R rims with the Sport Cups back Andy.... :pMike,

Not sure what he intends to put in the garage in its place but I am sure he has something up his sleeve. ;)

No worries on the rims! Hope you are still enjoying them. I intend on getting a set of staggered FR500 rims (18X9 in front and 18X10 in rear) for the car for street use and will use the 17X9's for track with some sticky tires. :D

Admiral
11-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Congrats Andy! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in that machine, can't wait to see you tearing up a track soon! :thumbsup:

gfcobra
11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
so is this track beast going to show up @ MSR Houston this weekend?

Andy M
11-05-2008, 01:40 PM
so is this track beast going to show up @ MSR Houston this weekend? IF we show up at all, it will be on Sunday and just to say hello. We unfortunately have other plans which were previously scheduled and until just recently, I did not have a car to drive - hence no reason to sign up! :rolleyes:

Next year though - I'm there!!! :bounce: :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Congrats on the new ride Andy. Glad you will be back. Think about Big Bend RR next year. I am going back. :thumbsup:

Andy M
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the new ride Andy. Glad you will be back. Think about Big Bend RR next year. I am going back. :thumbsup:Thanks Carl!

When exactly is Big Bend? Tammy could be my co-pilot! ;) :bounce:

by the way... I got the windows tinted on the Cobra today! :thumbsup: It looks fabulous! Since I will be driving it on the street quite a bit more than David did, I figured it needed some help in the sun ray deflection department.

Andy M
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, I sure hope you track dawgs had a great time at MSRH this weekend. I sure wish I could have made it?! :( I did manage to find time to give the Cobra a wash and detail however. She sure looks good all dressed up. I put her up on jack stands Friday afternoon and adjusted the coilovers a bit - raising the overall ride height by about an inch. I also installed some street pads on the front Brembos.

Hope to see you guys real soon! Here are a couple of pics I snapped of the Cobra this afternoon. :thumbsup:

Firme
11-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Looks great Andy :thumbsup:. We missed you out there this weekend, everyone seemed to be having a great time. :)

I will emailing you this morning. ;)

Angel
11-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Looks great Andy :thumbsup:. We missed you out there this weekend, everyone seemed to be having a great time. :)

I will emailing you this morning. ;)
IMO, we All had a good time!

BTW - Carl, :thumbsup: :D Thanks for the ride; - and the g's in that Beast of yours! Most fun! :bounce: