PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Christmas Bash

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Checking to see if there is interest in having a 2nd annual SCMC South Central Christmas Party!? I know it will be hard to top the FUN we had last year at the Mizler's...but let's try!!!

Please fill out the poll to suggest a date for the party. Dates are few as there are only 3 weekends in December prior to Christmas, and we will be competing with office parties etc.

If anyone wants to step up to host, it would be great. Our house is likely to be in the middle of hurricane repairs at that point, and so may a few others. All we need is a kitchen, den area and maybe an outside patio or dining area to spill onto for a game of LCR.

Also, need to consider whether to continue the potluck tradition OR to change to a monetary donation toward catering, say from Pappasitos or somewhere. Taking all thoughts, suggestions, comments. This party is FOR the people, BY the people. :cool:

And yes, the famous gift exchange would return. Will the monkey candles make a reappearance? Where are the Cobra "mood enhancer" pills? Will Todd steal wrenches? Will there be compromising photos of other members? The only way to answer those questions is TO ATTEND!

97CasperCobra
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I can not WAIT for this party!!!!!

:banana: :woot: :fart: :retard:

I wonder how many drinks it'll take Keith to pass out this year????? :p

ORANGE CRUSH
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I can not WAIT for this party!!!!!

:banana: :woot: :fart: :retard:

I wonder how many drinks it'll take Keith to pass out this year????? :p

LOL..............................:rotf:

OOOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

John Chingasos
11-13-2008, 02:44 AM
December 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am out of town the other weekends

Evilcartman
11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm in. Going light on the liquid this year regardless of the Mizinator pure pressure salesman tactics. :D :D :D

Angel
11-13-2008, 09:47 AM
LOL..............................:rotf:

OOOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhhh I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :eek: :D :cool:

20th !!!!! Pitching in for catering is a good idea; - saves more time for fun. :thumbsup:

Problem is, finding out how many to cater to in time to set it up.

Lets each bring a [Liquid] of our choice and a sleeping bag. :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

93KingCobra
11-13-2008, 12:48 PM
We should be down for what ever weekend...I will make a final choice when we get some more votes... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

backnblack
11-13-2008, 04:39 PM
We are in!

gtdrivr
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
IN.

I will be by myself (wife and son will be in Ecuador).

03 cobra toy
11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
In :thumbsup:

Levi
11-14-2008, 07:53 PM
We are In........ :woot:

Andy M
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I will get with Tammy to see what our holiday calendar looks like, but we will certainly try to make it this year! :thumbsup:

Firme
11-15-2008, 12:13 AM
WOOHOO!! Totally in. Last year was a blast!! This time I will try not to miss the first half working.

Andy M
11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Folks,

Tammy and I would love to host this event this year, unless someone else has beat us to it. I've asked my daughters to be hostesses and they are excited. The 20th works for us. Let's begin planning for the event before we all get swamped with Thanksgiving and such. We are looking forward to having the clan over for some CobraClub fun! :thumbsup:

I will post directions to our place shortly. We live in NW Houston near Copperfield. :bounce:

Jesse99
11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Depending on the date, We would definitely love to make this one.. It's been so long since we seen you guys.. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-16-2008, 11:17 PM
We are looking forward to having the clan over for some CobraClub fun! :thumbsup:
oh i think you are SO gonna regret saying that......:lol:

j/k Andy, thank you for offering up your home to the club. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!!!!!

John Chingasos
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I volunteer my House as well ...

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
So if I read that right...then December 20th at the Menard's it is! Andy, I will send a PM to you. The countdown has started...everyone get your sitters lined up! John...can we put you in queue for 2009? :D

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
One set of Hear No Evil/See No Evil/Speak No Evil Monkey Candles...$14.97
Lighter...$1.97
Knowing that David will burn the candles down to their eyeballs before the next white elephant exchange...PRICELESS!

I wonder if Jim still has the malfunctioning Jackelope, or if that is in the garage sale pile yet...:D

97CasperCobra
11-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I wonder if Jim still has the malfunctioning Jackelope, or if that is in the garage sale pile yet...:D
:lol:...that reminds me I need to go through the "White Elephant" gifts that I received in the past years.

Where do you think the singing Jackelope came from???? :D

Angel
11-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Lighter...$1.97
Knowing that David will burn the candles down to their eyeballs before the next white elephant exchange...PRICELESS!

:eek: :D :bounce:

+1

........And I dare the keeper to bring back the Engine Cooler :D :rotf:

Firme
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
So if I read that right...then December 20th at the Menard's it is! Andy, I will send a PM to you. The countdown has started...everyone get your sitters lined up! John...can we put you in queue for 2009? :D

Thanks Andy for offering to host!! We are looking forward to this!! :bounce:

JBoden
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Lighter...$1.97

:eek: YES - Jake the Possessed Jackelope will make a celebrity appearance ;)

LCR LCR LCR LCR LCR LCR LCR - can't wait!!!

Andy M
11-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks Andy for offering to host!! We are looking forward to this!! :bounce:No worries! We are looking forward to seeing everyone. We will be sending out the E-vite shortly and begin planning efforts. :bounce:

Larry95
11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
We're in.

ORANGE CRUSH
11-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Andy! I not missing this.

Evilcartman
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
I can't wait.

Andy M
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
All,

Please join us for the Second Annual SCMC CHRISTMAS Party which will take place on Saturday, December 20th at 7 p.m. at the home of Andy & Tammy Menard. The CHRISTMAS Party is open to all SCMC members and their guests. This is an adult-only CHRISTMAS party so secure your sitters soon. An Evite will be sent shortly to everyone to keep track of RSVP's, and be sure to include a guest/spouse in your headcount. If you do NOT receive an Evite, or if we inadvertently missed any Members, let us know ASAP!

We will divide and conquer with a potluck supper. We will provide Honey baked turkey breast, Apple-Cranberry stuffed pork loin, and sliced beef brisket, and the plates/napkins/utensils/cups. We ask everyone to chip in as follows, by LAST name:

A-G Salads/Breads
H-J Desserts
K-L Beverages (soda, etc.)
M-R side dishes
S-Z Appetizers

If you have any questions, email us at tammy.menard@att.net.

Since so many of our friends and neighbors (maybe even one of our own members or a direct family member or friend) were affected by the recent Hurricane in our area, we thought this venue would provide a great opportunity for us to give back to the community. We are thinking of doing a cash donation to a Hurricane Relief Fund. Tammy and I would take your cash donations at the party and then submit a donation on behalf of the SCMC Houston Chapter. Bush/Clinton Coastal Recovery Fund (http://www.bushclintoncoastalfund.org/)

ATTENDING (*PLEASE RESPOND TO THE EVITE (once we send it) IF POSSIBLE*):

Andy & Tammy (hosts)

Andy M
11-26-2008, 12:36 PM
ok, here is what we have so far in terms of RSVP:

Andy and Tammy (hosts)
Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha
Carl and Deb

I will update the list as I receive responses.... :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM

Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha

Deb and I are in

Andy M
11-26-2008, 04:39 PM
latest RSVP list.....

Andy and Tammy (hosts)
Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha
Carl and Deb
Phil and Michelle
Larry and Eloisa
Edmond and Annie

JBoden
11-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Andy and Tammy (hosts)
Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha
Carl and Deb

Jackie and I are most definately IN :bounce:

Andy M
11-26-2008, 08:49 PM
revised.......

Andy and Tammy (hosts)
Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha
Carl and Deb
Phil and Michelle
Larry and Eloisa
Edmond and Annie
Jim and Jackie
Todd A.

97CasperCobra
11-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Andy, go ahead and start a new thread with all the Christmas Bash details, that way you can edit the attendees as you see fit instead of making a revised post every time.

I can merge the threads or delete this one.

03 cobra toy
11-30-2008, 08:20 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The pusher is already at work. :bounce: :bounce:

gtdrivr
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
revised.......

Andy and Tammy (hosts)
Joe and Brenda
Larry and Rachel
Stan and Gina
Mike and Jennifer
David and Tanya
Keith and Angela
John and Martha
Carl and Deb
Phil and Michelle
Larry and Eloisa
Edmond and Annie
Jim and Jackie
Todd A.
Craig (all alone :()

Bartman01
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry that we will miss this. I think we have something going on every weekend in December though so no reasonable date would have worked.

Andy M
12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Bart,

Sorry to hear you will be missing this but I/we certainly understand. December is already challenging enough and then this particular weekend is right before XMAS.

Hope to see you soon at another club event! Happy Holidays!

ORANGE CRUSH
12-03-2008, 01:13 AM
JimmySidecar?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

You have to come.:thumbsup: It will not be the same without you.

Evilcartman
12-03-2008, 07:27 AM
JimmySidecar?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

You have to come.:thumbsup: It will not be the same without you.

No joke. That is a bummer that Bart and Jimmy are out.

97CasperCobra
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
No joke. That is a bummer that Bart and Jimmy are out.
Where has Jimmy said he is out?!?!?!?!?!

Bart, sorry you can't make it man, we'll try to take plenty of pictures!!!!

I'm gonna be sure I get PLENTY of rest before this party!!!!

Evilcartman
12-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Where has Jimmy said he is out?!?!?!?!?!

Bart, sorry you can't make it man, we'll try to take plenty of pictures!!!!

I'm gonna be sure I get PLENTY of rest before this party!!!!

I don't know. I was on my itouch when I responded, so my reading ability was limited. I was just going off Todd's post and I saw Jimmy was not on the list yet.

ORANGE CRUSH
12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't know. I was on my itouch when I responded, so my reading ability was limited. I was just going off Todd's post and I saw Jimmy was not on the list yet.
We all know your reading ability is limited and so is car cleaning ability.:D

jimmysidecarr
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I have to start my Interferon therapy so you can expect a significantly subdued dude, compared to last year.

Gail and I will be there for sure. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
We all know your reading ability is limited and so is car cleaning ability.:D

It is clean enough to get in the SCMC '09 calendar. :cool: I didn't even have to brib anybody.

When I sniped this picture, you can clearly see your left hand fishing in your pocket for a $50 bill.

gtdrivr
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
OMG...is that car ORANGE???? Ewwwww.....WTF??

:bounce::bounce::rotf:

97CasperCobra
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Glad to hear you and Gail are coming Jimmy!!!! :thumbsup:

Jesse99
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Hollie and I will be there.. She's suppose to find a hotel close to the location so I don't have to drive too far.. :thumbsup:

Andy M
12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Jesse,

I received your email and will put you on the email list when I return home on Wednesday night. I am actually in Dallas on business right now.

There are plenty of hotels in the Energy corrider in the I-10/Hwy 6 area, which is just 15 minutes from our home. Depending on your budget, you should be able to find something to suit your needs. Please let me know if you need further assistance on this.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on the 20th! :bounce: