PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug not Firing Properly

SuperG
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, since the engine rebuild I think I found the root cause of the original problem, which could rear its ugly head again if not corrected...The #7 spark plug is horribly blackened so I replaced the coil-on-plug and I am still getting the same thing.

It seems it would be possible the wiring harness itself will need to be replaced. Perhaps the piston itself is the cause? Could changing the spark plug gap help - But if so, why are all the others ok?

Does anyone know where I should look now?

Thanks!

cfradam
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
you should start by having Ford diagnose the problem for you.they can tell you how you injectors are firing and if the cop is ok.you may have a bad injector.if you cop goes out you will feel the hesitation when under load.if you have an injector problem you might see some smoke or a large build up of carbon/fuel or a very white electrode.either way its very hard to figure out in the driveway.

good luck

Adam

SuperG
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
you should start by having Ford diagnose the problem for you.they can tell you how you injectors are firing and if the cop is ok.you may have a bad injector.if you cop goes out you will feel the hesitation when under load.if you have an injector problem you might see some smoke or a large build up of carbon/fuel or a very white electrode.either way its very hard to figure out in the driveway.

good luck

Adam
Ahhh, yes the plug has a very white electrode and does not miss under load...thanks I'll check on that right away!