PDA

View Full Version : Whipple

mrpork
11-18-2008, 06:28 PM
when puttting on a whipple is it worth putting new cams in . if so what are the most common that people install. keep in mind this a d.d in the summer it doesn't go down the strip(not yet:D )maybe in the future. i would love just to change the tone of it. also putting a few more horsesunder the hood wouldn't hurt either.

avmech
11-19-2008, 01:48 AM
you dont have to change the cams. what size charger are you going with. The 3.4 with the crusher intake is massive power but suffers a little on the bottom end. you can get a easy 700hp from the 3.4. I would change the fuel pumps and injectors and rails before i bought the cams. if you go with cams remember you will loose bottom end and get more top end.

Big T
11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I agree. Putting in new cams seems like alot of work and money for the return. If it is a daily driver, you want that low end power. A whipple should give you all the power you need for a daily driver. If you are not satisfied, up the boost or add some nitrous. I'm about to retune for 21# of boost. Cold weather is a great time to dyno.