PDA

View Full Version : Changed my plans

goldeneagle_10
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, for a while now I've been trying to get someone to take my spot for a track event with you guys but have not had much luck in that. So I've had some time to think and I've decided to go a different direction with my plans.

I was going to get pretty serious on autoX and start going to a few national events and try to be competitive there. But I just can't get myself excited enough to do all that traveling to run maybe 5 minutes on course. :(

So I've decided to try and prep my Z06 for Nasa time trials. I'm going to run in the TTA class and I need to get a few HPDE events under me so I can be signed off to run the HPDE 4/ Time Trial level. I was wondering if I just go ahead and run with you guys this year since I've already payed for it, could I get someone to sign me off of HPDE 1? That would be a huge help if I could get that done at the same time while having fun out there with you guys. :cool:

cobrabitn
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
I think open track is a lot more fun than autocross but then that's just my opinion. You will need to ride with one of our instructors before he can sign you off to go solo. Most national clubs like SCCA probably wouldn't recognize us as a sanctioning body and would require to go through their schools anyway. This will at least give you some seat time. :)

goldeneagle_10
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I think open track is a lot more fun than autocross but then that's just my opinion. You will need to ride with one of our instructors before he can sign you off to go solo. Most national clubs like SCCA probably wouldn't recognize us as a sanctioning body and would require to go through their schools anyway. This will at least give you some seat time. :)
One of my buddies said that he got signed off from HPDE 1 and moved up to HPDE 3 in Nasa because of his seat time at CMP with you guys. Apparently they recognized you as a sanctioning body :thumbsup:

I'll do whatever I need to do to move up... I want to get as much seat time as I posibly can before I start competing in Time Trials.

Hazman
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Bring your NASA HPDE logbook to CMP. I will be glad to go out with you a session or two Sunday and then sign off on your performance. I am also a NASA instructor.:D

goldeneagle_10
11-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Bring your NASA HPDE logbook to CMP. I will be glad to go out with you a session or two Sunday and then sign off on your performance. I am also a NASA instructor.:D

That would be great... I'll be looking for you at CMP then. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Cobraboy
12-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Rick or Gary would be my suggestion for instructors.

Humm March 14 and 15th....... might have to see if I can make it :D