PDA

View Full Version : Which Clutch Shuld I Use

03graysvt
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I Have A 03 Cobra With Around 450hp Dynoed On A Mustang Dyno My Factory Clutch Went Out And Now Im In Need To Replace I Was Wondering If I Would Be Ok wait and put the 28 Spline Input Shaft And Clutch If I Just Put A Good One In Like A Centerforce Dfx Clutch Or Spec...in A 10 Spline If It Would Hold...or Any Suggestions On Which Clutch I Should Use I Drive My Car About 2-3 Time A Week To Work And Then Out On The Weekends And Occasionaly To The Dragstrip And Imma Be Using M/t Et Street 275/40/17 Tires Thanks For The Help...

snakebiteSVT
12-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I Have A 03 Cobra With Around 450hp Dynoed On A Mustang Dyno My Factory Clutch Went Out And Now Im In Need To Replace I Was Wondering If I Would Be Ok wait and put the 28 Spline Input Shaft And Clutch If I Just Put A Good One In Like A Centerforce Dfx Clutch Or Spec...in A 10 Spline If It Would Hold...or Any Suggestions On Which Clutch I Should Use I Drive My Car About 2-3 Time A Week To Work And Then Out On The Weekends And Occasionaly To The Dragstrip And Imma Be Using M/t Et Street 275/40/17 Tires Thanks For The Help...Ive heard that the stock 10 spline shaft is good for around 500HP but like I say "Ive heard" But as for the brand I would stay away from a spec. Ive saw alot of them come apart and/or burn up. The centerforce DFX and Fidanza 3.2 are good for your application. I have a fidanza 3.2 in mine and I drive it almost everyday. It has a little bit of a rough engagement but it is a street clutch. The thing about the fidanza is you can be as nasty on it as you want. Hope that helps some...:thumbsup:

03graysvt
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks Im Still Wanting To Get The Centerforce Dfx I Know A Couple People With It But Ill Look Into The Findanza Where Did You Get Yours At And How Much You Got In Your Setup If Ya Dont Mind Me Asking

snakebiteSVT
12-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks Im Still Wanting To Get The Centerforce Dfx I Know A Couple People With It But Ill Look Into The Findanza Where Did You Get Yours At And How Much You Got In Your Setup If Ya Dont Mind Me AskingHey I dont blame ya. I was actually going to used the DFX myself but the Fidanza was a little cheaper so I went that route. The DFX is a softer engagement and pedal feel. I got mine from CJ's Pony Parts for $320.00 (on sale):thumbsup:. Ive just got a BBK air intake, BBK full length headers, O/R X-pipe, SLP loudmouth, Diablosport tune, pro 5.0 shifter, and that fidanza clutch. Plus some Eibach springs. "For now at least":bounce:

03graysvt
12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah ive heard those Fidanza clutches are more a off and on type clutch no in between but if i find a deal on one ill get it like yours...thanks for the help

kevinflick03
12-13-2008, 10:50 AM
I have a spec 3 clutch with a fidanza flywheel and I have had no problems out of this set up. My car has 470rwh with 540ftlb and the clutch holds perfect. My car runs a 1/4 mile in 11.7 @121mph and an 1/8 in 7.4@98mph. I have never heard of a spec clutch "coming apart" but I'm not saying it hasn't happened. If it were me I would buy this same set up unless you plan to add more power, then I would go with a spec 3 plus. :thumbsup:

mustangscotty
12-24-2008, 03:27 AM
A 26 spline liberty input shaft with Centerforce DFX clutch is a winning combination !

I've got 9K on the clutch with 638rwhp and no slip!

Fidanza is a fine product but so is the stock aluminum flywheel !