PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners you may want to check this out

Evilcartman
12-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Some of you know we just bought a house. We are about to refinance since we sold our old house and want to roll the equity back in the new house. So, my Country Wide agent just called and said that we can refinance at 5.0% with 0 down on a 30 year (for anyone interested, 15 year notes are typically .5% lower). He also said that if I know anyone wanting to refinance to send them his way. I feel this is an excellent rate and I wanted to pass the word on to the locals so that someone else can take advantage of it. He also mentioned he would cut out some of the fees and roll them into the loan to prevent costing you any money out of pocket. If you are interested in his contact information, email or PM me.

97CasperCobra
12-13-2008, 02:18 AM
PM me the info Keith, I'm sure my older brother will want to refinance his town home he bought in August.

Twice Bitten
12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
can he beat 4.75%?

Evilcartman
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure on the 4.75% but you guys can call him. He said I could buy my rate down to 4.5% for 1%, but I choose not to. Make sure you tell him I referred you so that he can cut out some fees. He said to call anytime this weekend.

Tim Moore @ Countrywide
Cell: 281-910-1389

kencobra
12-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info Keith, we just might to look into that. We have only been here for less than 2 months so I wonder how the escrow works out in that situation. I need to post some pics up of the new place soon.

Ken

Evilcartman
12-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the info Keith, we just might to look into that. We have only been here for less than 2 months so I wonder how the escrow works out in that situation. I need to post some pics up of the new place soon.

Ken

We closed Oct. 28th at 6%, less than two months ago. The escrow won't matter since it is just an account that they put money into guessing at what you will have to pay. Our house is a new contruction and it is valued on just the lot, so our escrow account will be way over until they adjust the value of the property. My suggestion is to call Tim to clarify any questions. He is extremely friendly and we have used him in the past on other homes.

gtdrivr
12-14-2008, 03:34 AM
pm me info please. We have the house at 5.75, and the townhouse at 8%.

Evilcartman
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
pm me info please. We have the house at 5.75, and the townhouse at 8%.

Here you go.

Tim Moore @ Countrywide
Cell: 281-910-1389

Twice Bitten
12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I think the rule of thumb is you will not save any money on a refinance unless you can get 2 percentage points or more lower than your old rate. I suspect the feds will lower rates even more at thier next meeting. If they do, it may be worth the wait to refinance or purchase a new house. New home sales are off and builders are offering even more incentives before the years end to sell thier inventory.

Andy M
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I think the rule of thumb is you will not save any money on a refinance unless you can get 2 percentage points or more lower than your old rate. I suspect the feds will lower rates even more at thier next meeting. If they do, it may be worth the wait to refinance or purchase a new house. New home sales are off and builders are offering even more incentives before the years end to sell thier inventory.this is true... additionally, you really have to decide how long you plan on staying in the home. If the answer is 5 years or less, it may not be cost effective to refinance... unless of course you are saving 2-3 or more percentage points. It will also depend on the amount of closing costs involved.

All this being said, it is encouraging to know that they are anxious to loan money. Nice to see it is not all doom and gloom like we see in the news.

tazzracing1
12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Thank You for the tip. I Will give him a hollar.