PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Viper
12-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Hello everyone. I heard about this group from one of my two wheeled commrades at carolinariders.com who is very involved with SVT Cobra's. After a brief hiatus for a few of years in a Viper GTS, I'm happy to say I'm back in the saddle in my 2009 Shelby GT500. Back in the day I had a 1992 Saleen and a 1993 Limited Edition convertible 5.0 LX and really enjoyed both of those cars for a long time. Finally sold them when I had to move away from Charlotte to Boston (those cars would have never survived up there without getting the crap beat out of them).

Spent a little time in a replica Superformance Shelby Cobra and learned that you can't enjoy a car that you don't spend much time driving so I bought the Viper. Once again, I realized that I was wrong in assuming I would drive the Viper more regularly so I sold that one, too. When it all came down to it, I had to get something that I could really enjoy on a regular basis and would not be too conspicuous so I could use it for work as well. I'm in the insurance business and I doubt seriously anybody wants to by life insurance from some guy that rolls up in a Viper.

This brought me back to my first love; the Mustang.... and specifically the 1966 Shelby GT 350 started my passion for these cars when I was a kid. Once I heard about the Shelby GT500 in the works back in late 2005, I have been waiting for the opportunity to get my hands on one. At long last I finally can say I have a Shelby. Only took 37 years... and I plan to drive the wheels off of it!

Hope to meet you soon!:cheers:

Best regards,

Blake

nckissfan
12-17-2008, 10:11 AM
welcome to the forums, Blake:thumbsup:

Cobra4me
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
welcome!! ....oh pics of the gt500 would be nice :thumbsup:

Viper
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I'll get some picutres up as soon as the sun comes out. (and I figure out how to post up pictures on this forum)

cfradam
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
welcome to the site.great choice in cars (all of them)

cobrabitn
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forums Blake and we hope you will become an "official" SCMC member by joining our club. You didn't say what color your Shelby was?? :D

Viper
12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Vista Blue with White Stripes

flynfink
12-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey Blake, welcome to the board.

If you enjoyed CMP on the CBR, wait till you try it in the Shelby.. Put the March date on your schedule.

Pro-Dyno
12-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Welcome !:D