PDA

View Full Version : Align. Shop

ldo79
01-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Having owned and sold two SVTs a couple of years ago, I just succumbed to the urge and bought a Mineral Grey '03 coupe.

I checked a couple of local alignment shops I previously used and they don't instill me with a lot of confidence when it comes to handling IRS and C/C plates on a lowered Mustang.

Anyone have experience with a reputable shop on the NW side of Houston they'd care to recommend?

TIA,
ldo79

Bartman01
01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry, haven't had a lot of luck lately.

Shop by me sent me to Tomball when they were too busy. The tech there tried to use the MM tie rod ends to adjust the rear instead of the tie rods themselves.

Took it back to the shop by me to get it fixed (didn't want the original tech touching it again). The guy there talked a good game, but the first time I gave them the exact settings that I wanted they didn't do it and the second time they swore that they couldn't set my camber where I wanted it due to the adjustment being maxed out. Later when I was under the car for something else I checked, and there was PLENTY of adjustment left, they just didn't want to do it.

Admiral
01-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Not quite the NW side but if it helps: I use Discount Quality Car Care in The Woodlands, if you are considering them call and ask for the owner, Rick Harden. He's done alignments on my Corvette and my Mustang Race cars (with C/C plates) and is a straight shooter - no pun intended lol.

93KingCobra
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Slater's mustangs in Humble is great..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ldo79
01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I checked out B&B Automotive & Tire today on Hempstead Hwy. They do specialty car work and have an in-ground align. pit. Knowledgeable in IRS geometry etc. I'm satisfied with what I've heard about them from some WSM guys.

Regards,
ldo79