PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAACCCCCKKKKKK!

gtdrivr
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, I got back in the US yesterday. It's nice to be back.

My opinion of Ecuador is not a great one.

Physically, it is a BEAUTIFUL country. The mountains and volcanoes are majestic, and the beaches are epic. What ruins this country is the people. They have no respect. No respect for other people, other drivers, their country, thier city, their homes, nothing.

There is garbage on the streets and graffiti everywhere in the cities. It could be amazing f people actually cared. The drivers are nuts (especially bus drivers). They drive down the left side of the road. Flashing their brights means they are taking the right of way, and you better get off the road. Speaking of brights, they use them ALL THE TIME.

Walking, people bump into you, push you out of the way, cut you off, etc. I had 4 people actually kick the stroller out of their way. Three times with the baby in it!!

In a period of 2 weeks, I had to flip off 500 people and scream obscenities (in English) in the faces of 3.

In short, I hate the cities (Guayaquil and Quito). Give me the beaches, and I would stay there for life, though. The sun is INTENSE. I am peeling everywhere from a blistering sunburn I got 5 days ago.

Sort of a rant, but I'm not a city guy to begin with. There is beautiful country everywhere outside of the cities. I hope to get pics uploaded and I'll post a link soon.

97CasperCobra
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Glad you are back man, can't wait to see the pics.

Reminds me of my trip to Costa Rica with a youth christian group back in High School. Beautiful place, black sand beaches, and most of the people treat you very well. The bad ones are the bad ones and that's what ruins it for beautiful countries. It's amazing that most of Mexico/South America the drivers are that crazy...even in Paris they drive pretty crazy.

John Chingasos
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
You must not travel south of the border very much?

South East Asia and Middle East is worst.

gtdrivr
01-08-2009, 02:32 PM
You must not travel south of the border very much?

South East Asia and Middle East is worst.1st time beyond a Mexican border town.

kencobra
01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
1st time beyond a Mexican border town.

And we know why you go to the Mexican border towns but don't worry the wifes out of town and will not get to read this :D By the way majestic and epic in the same sentence, hmmmm.

gtdrivr
02-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Pics up....FINALLY!

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/gtdrivr/