PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Indy Pace Car Reunion at VIR -- May 29-31, 2009 -- Danville, VA

cobrabitn
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
2009 Mustang Indy Pace Car Reunion

Mustang Indy Pace car owners will be celebrating their 15, 30, and 45th anniversaries at the first Mustang Indy Pace Car reunion to be held at the world class facility of Virginia International Raceway on May 29-31, 2009. The event consists of 3 days of open track, a SVT, Shelby, Mustang, and Ford Show, and a Saturday evening banquet with guest speaker. Pace Car owners will get special treatment with unique awards to include longest distance, most mileage, least mileage, and more. A special time will be set aside specifically for Pace Car owners which will consist of "Pace Car only parade laps" during lunch. Event for photos will be available for purchase and there will be "two" lucky winners who will win a "free" jacket specifically made for Mustang Pace Car owners, along with some other unique items. For more information contact Tony at tony@svtcobraclub.com or check the website at www.svtcobraclub.com or call 803.371.0725

Pace Car owners who are signed up for this event:

ASUCobra
02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
They should have one of those out west. I would love to bring the '94 out, but the east coast's a little far away

cobrabitn
02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I thought ASU stood for Applachian State University? :scratch:

RF Cobra
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Arizona and Arkansas also use the ASU abbreviation. Confused yet?

ASUCobra
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Arizona State is the only one of the two that are worth mentioning

cobrabitn
02-08-2009, 12:00 PM
We are contemplating having "Pace Cars" to start each run group for the first lap only. :thumbsup:

sdgrant
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I saw the notice for this anniversary in the latest Mustang Monthly. I won't be able to attend with my concours '64.5 Pace Car coupe since it's too far away, but I'd be curious to see what other early Pace Cars are committed to attending!

cobrabitn
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Me too! :D

cobrabitn
05-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Tee shirt design!

I will post what the jackets will look like next week... stay tuned! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
05-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Click here to find out all of the information about this event:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16584

All of our tenth anniversary coins are now gone but you can still have a blast at the event!! :thumbsup:

merkstang
05-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Do you have any Pace cars registered?

I have one and can not make it but Im trying to figure it out...

Let me know what you have for cars I have a 94 pace carhttp://www.merklesmowing.com/gallery/viewphoto.asp?i=100_2943.JPG1.jpg&f=mustang&sh=600&sw=800

http://www.merklesmowing.com/gallery/viewphoto.asp?i=100_2943.JPG1.jpg&f=mustang&sh=600&sw=800

merkstang
05-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Making reservations tonight and will be mailing in the registration tomorrow!!!

Great to talk to you today

cobrabitn
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Glad you are coming out. Luis from Orlando has signed up with his 94 Pace Car too. (It has 564 miles on it) That means we have three coming out so far but numerous people have e-mailed me and called about coming out. :thumbsup:

merkstang
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
If I can pace th run groups let me know what time we need to be there on friday and saturday.
I just did the on-line registration:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
That will be great. Glad you were able to catch up with Tony and look forward to seeing you there. :thumbsup:

When we built our new office we found one of those "dead zones" that Verizon claims they don't have, so my phone is about useless during the day.

merkstang
05-21-2009, 12:44 AM
no problem about the phone.

Im glad I can make it!!!

I should have my strobes in for the weekend!!
im getting a whelen 6 kit

:thumbsup: I want that pace car Jacket!!:cool:

10 day weather looks good too!!

I have to make the hotel reservations.
Where is the banquet saturday night?

Is it at the track From the time I am thinking it is

RF Cobra
05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
The banquet is at the track. I'm assuming we are using the same banquet room as last year which is located by the north paddock area at turn 3.

If not, Tony can provide additional info.

merkstang
05-21-2009, 01:07 AM
My wife was asking about the attire.

Im assuming since its so close to the event end time that it come as you are from the show

merkstang
05-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Not enough time for me to install a roll bar...

Maybe next time

RF Cobra
05-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Yes, it's casual dress. It's a relaxed atmosphere for socializing and eating so pretty much everyone will be wearing what they have had on all day. T-shirts, shorts etc. will be the norm.

Since we are staying at the track I will probably shower and change after running around all day doing the car show but the will be the exception, not the norm.

cobrabitn
05-21-2009, 01:15 AM
The banquet is at the upstairs banquet room over the Pagoda grill in the north paddock. The dress is casual so whatever you wear at the show is sufficient. With only 2 pace car owners signed up, it's a good chance you'll win one of the two jackets. :rotf:

RF Cobra
05-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Beautiful pictures Merkstang. If you haven't done it already, you need to join the club so you can submit your pictures for the 2010 club calendar. :)

RF Cobra
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Can I bring your pace car Tony and pretend it's mine?

Even with those odds I probably still wouldn't win the jacket anyway. :rotf:

The banquet is at the upstairs banquet room over the Pagoda grill in the north paddock. The dress is casual so whatever you wear at the show is sufficient. With only 2 pace car owners signed up, it's a good chance you'll win one of the two jackets. :rotf:

cobrabitn
05-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Actually, Rob from Pro-Dyno is driving my Pace Car up to the event. :thumbsup:

merkstang
05-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Hey Hey

I like my Odds Don't ruin them!!!

:D

Thanks those are old Pics but I have'nt done much to the car in 5 years...
I didnt drive it much either in the last 5 years either. Although this past year was 5000 miles since we were at the 45th that added 2200 miles and the trip to VIR will rack up some miles and the week after that we will be in carlisle For the All Ford Nats.

merkstang
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Data Plates Plus
www.dataplatesplus.com (http://www.dataplatesplus.com/)
Is this your business Tony?

I would like to order the stainless "mustang" for the back of my car.
How much are they? The Web site would not go to a buy it page.

cobrabitn
05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Yes it is and I have another site hidden right now as it is not finished. You can paypal me the $$ and I can get your letters out to you. My palpay address is dataplatesplus@yahoo.com. Give me a call if you don't have paypal, thanks.

Chrome Stainless = $79.96 + $10.00 shipping
Black Chrome Stainless = $109.96 + $10.00 shipping

I'm not entering the competition as my car is for display only so your odds haven't changed. I did get quite a few e-mails on the Pace Car reunion so don't be surprised if some 1964 and 1979 owners jump in on it. The jacket will have the three pace cars on it so it will apply to all three pace cars.

RF Cobra
05-21-2009, 11:53 AM
:rotf: You don't have to worry about that. If I showed up with a pace car and won a jacket there would probably be people crying foul since I helped organize the event. I may take Tony's pace car for a spin though while Dan is tuning my Cobra Friday morning. :D

Hey Hey

I like my Odds Don't ruin them!!!

:D

Thanks those are old Pics but I have'nt done much to the car in 5 years...
I didnt drive it much either in the last 5 years either. Although this past year was 5000 miles since we were at the 45th that added 2200 miles and the trip to VIR will rack up some miles and the week after that we will be in carlisle For the All Ford Nats.

merkstang
05-28-2009, 01:10 AM
I have an indy banner that I'll bring if you have a place to hand it.
I need to make a mount it the ones that were hanging on the telephone poles in town during the race 2.5 feet wide and 6 ft tall

I have 2 of them. I would put one by my car if there is a post I can put it on. I have to make a mount for them.
Ill also bring some of the other collectable stuff I have. Not sure how to display it though. maybe at the banquet? 4 x 8 table?

merkstang
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Are there any arangement s to Pace the run groups?

We will be comming in late on thursday and I didnt know what time I should be at the track on Friday.

RF Cobra
05-28-2009, 01:49 AM
The show area is at the skidpad which is a wide open paved area, no poles. The tables are round in the banquet room. If you can use suction cups with hooks it could be hung on a metal trailer.

I have an indy banner that I'll bring if you have a place to hand it.
I need to make a mount it the ones that were hanging on the telephone poles in town during the race 2.5 feet wide and 6 ft tall

I have 2 of them. I would put one by my car if there is a post I can put it on. I have to make a mount for them.
Ill also bring some of the other collectable stuff I have. Not sure how to display it though. maybe at the banquet? 4 x 8 table?

RF Cobra
05-28-2009, 01:52 AM
The track opens at 7 and runs will start around 8:15. I would say be there around 7:30 and attend the meeting at 7:45 so you will know what is going on.

Are there any arangement s to Pace the run groups?

We will be comming in late on thursday and I didnt know what time I should be at the track on Friday.

merkstang
05-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok sounds good

Ill bring the banner, not sure if ill get the mounts made... that time running out thing....

See you tomorrow