PDA

View Full Version : new track in NC

CaptainBob
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I want to make you guys aware of a new race track under development in NC. the website is www.racehighrock.com (http://www.racehighrock.com). For those of you interested in roadcourse trackdays, this is going to be a great venue.

nckissfan
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah, there are a lot of track gurus here that I know will be happy when this is open.

snakbitn
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Yea, they need to hurry up.With everybody needing a job they can't blame it on lack of man power.I'm ready to try it out:bounce:

cobrabitn
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Rob,

You just need to worry about going to VIR with us and quit worrying about High Rock! :rotf:

:D

snakbitn
01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Tony, I'm planing on both VIR events and hopefully NJMP.Gingerman is still up in the air right now.NASA is not running Reobing this year but wonder if anyone would be interrested in going down to run with another club.

cobrabitn
01-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Are you running CMP in March? :doubt:

CaptainBob
01-17-2009, 04:12 PM
there have been high rock delays due to some neighbors not wanting a track, but that is mostly over now. there are also some financing delays due to the imploding economy but that seems to be settled also. cross your fingers this track begins construction soon.

snakbitn
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Are you running CMP in March? :doubt:

I will be at Road Atlanta that weekend.

cobrabitn
01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
CMP March 14-15, 2009.

Viper
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Yea, they need to hurry up.With everybody needing a job they can't blame it on lack of man power.I'm ready to try it out:bounce:
They have been working on selling the condos first. The owner of the track is not a "racing guy". He is a real estate developer and they had to sell a minimum number of the condos before breaking ground on the track... and if not the track would fall by the wayside. Last I heard, they met their goal and should begin construction soon. It will be nice to have such a wonderful facility/playground so close by!:thumbsup: :cheers:

kevinflick03
01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
They have been working on selling the condos first. The owner of the track is not a "racing guy". He is a real estate developer and they had to sell a minimum number of the condos before breaking ground on the track... and if not the track would fall by the wayside. Last I heard, they met their goal and should begin construction soon. It will be nice to have such a wonderful facility/playground so close by!:thumbsup: :cheers:

I placed a bid to do some glass work and got it. Construction should be starting if it hasn't already.

RF Cobra
01-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I think the SCMC should invest in a few of those condos. They could be rented out during other times of the year and the club officers could use them at SCMC events. :D

Viper
01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I think the SCMC should invest in a few of those condos. They could be rented out during other times of the year and the club officers could use them at SCMC events. :D
Anybody got an extra $275K laying around?:bounce:

flynfink
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
membership is high $$, and the annual renewal is $35k (IIRC).

A bunch of the delays were also caused by an indian burial ground on the property. Wait, sorry, native American.

CaptainBob
01-21-2009, 10:29 PM
membership is high $$, and the annual renewal is $35k (IIRC).

A bunch of the delays were also caused by an indian burial ground on the property. Wait, sorry, native American.
close, there was a woman who initiated an injuction against the track because it was supposedly located on a civil war battlefield. of course the area was never considered a civil war site until someone decided to build a racetrack there.

membership varies depending on the level, but renewal isn't that high. I don't recall the exact number, but it isn't near $35k. members also get 60 open trackdays per year plus access for pro events.

flynfink
01-22-2009, 07:52 AM
sorry, membership is $35 K , annual renewal is $3k

Below from their website.

Membership Category Initiation Fee Annual Dues
Individual Membership $35,000 $3,000
Corporate Membership $50,000 $4,000
Spouse Membership $3,000 $1,000
Junior Membership $3,000 $1,000

Membership Upgrades Upgrade Fee
Spouse Membership to Individual Membership $15,000
Junior Membership to Individual Membership $15,000

Guest Fee
Guest using the track on a member's track day $200

cobrabitn
01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Wait...let me understand this correctly :scratch:

It's 35K for membership plus another 3K for an annual fee renewal and I'd be willing to bet it's no VIR, right?

VIR membership is a lot less than that so why would anyone want to run at a track that isn't as good as VIR and pay 7 times the money for a track membership? Is it just me or what? :doh2:

If they are that expensive then I'd hate to ask how much their track rental is, for a track that hasn't even been developed yet?

Of course if other clubs drop their VIR rentals to go to HRL then maybe we'll get a few more VIR dates when it gets built? :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
The Villas at VIR for $460k (inc land) with significantly lower membership application and annual fee sounds like a better deal.

CaptainBob
01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
if you buy a condo, it includes your membership fee. you still have to pay the yearly dues though. the condos are comparable to the ones at VIR but much cheaper. the ones at VIR have a larger apartment area but smaller garage. the track will be great once it opens. I just got an update email today from high rock (I am on the mailing list) stating that construction is supposed to begin by mid february. I have seen the track map and there is a lot of elevation change and it is a really nice layout. plus it is in a much better location than VIR.

CaptainBob
01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
plus high rock membership gets you 60 open trackdays per year.