PDA

View Full Version : Shelby to Unveil a new R model

Twice Bitten
01-31-2009, 09:40 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/30/new-shelby-mustang-revealed-as-race-only-r-model/

I was excited until I saw the price :(

SuperG
01-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Seems you can make your own for less than that! I guess the economy isn't as bad as everyone thinks...

Twice Bitten
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Seems you can make your own for less than that! I guess the economy isn't as bad as everyone thinks...

It's only bad if you over extended your finances, or got laid off!

SuperG
02-01-2009, 09:10 AM
It's only bad if you over extended your finances, or got laid off!
And of course...that's true all the time! We'll see how well Ford does on the sales of these R's...afterall, they don't need a bailout after their recent $8 billion loss!

Andy M
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately, there WILL be a market for these cars. Guys like Leno, the Prince of some oil rich country, ball players who make way too much money, etc... There will be those who will buy these cars not because they are actually worth the money, but because they want to own one of the coolest cars on the planet and because they can.

Man, for a buck-35, I could buy me a purpose built Mustang race car (my friend John George has one for sale with 600 HP and weighs only 3000 lbs - $35K), and a new GT500, and still have some left over to buy me a new truck and trailer. :bounce: