PDA

View Full Version : SVTOA/TrackGuys event at TWS

JoeJ
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Guys,

Lets sign up and have some fun at the upcoming event at TWS in March. :) :thumbsup:

Following is some information which is listed on TrackGuys website. You can also register at this site.

http://www.trackguys.com/

Track Guys - Central Region
Friday Mar 27 - Sunday Mar 29
Texas World Speedway, College Station, TX
Last day to register: Tue Mar 24, 2009
Track Guys Lone Star Roundup
TexasWorld Speedway, College Station, Texas
March 27-29, 2008
Sponsored by:
Track Guys
Blevins Enterprises
Chicane 23
50 Resto

Come and enjoy your car at the famous Texas World Speedway. Built in 1969 and is one of only seven Super Speedways of two miles or greater in the , the others being Indianapolis, Daytona, Pocono, Talledega, California, and Michigan . Thus, TWS is the only Super Speedway in the Southwest. It's replacement cost is about $30 million.
We will be running in the "Clock Wise Direction" this year.

Jeff Lacina, Track Guy's lead driving instructor and his team of instructors will be at the track to help everyone get up to speed. You're saying, 'I've never done this before.' Don't worry, we all had to start somewhere and what better opportunity is there than learning with a professional instructor sitting next to you and driving with your fellow SVT owners? You learn at your own pace... with plenty of time on the track. The challenging 2.9 mile road course is safe and fast. Great for both the novice and the experienced open tracker.

So ask yourself, "Do I want to put a smile on my face?" Well, we think the answer is YES! To accomplish this goal, all you need to do is register for this event. We'll guarantee that you leave with a big smile... no matter what your driving ability is when you arrive on Saturday.

Introducing the Track Guys Test Drive

Don't know if this is for you, then take the Track Guys Test Drive. For $40.00 you can come and participate in the classroom sessions, the noon parade lap and then have one session on track with an in car instructor. This is available only on Saturday. If you find this is for you, the $40 will be applied to a full weekend.
The fun begins Friday night at the Meet n Greet. We will also be serving snacks and soda throughout the evening. We will conduct a special class for those who attending a track event for the first time.
Schedule of Events:

Friday, March 27
Meet 'n Greet and Tech/Pre Registration at Texas World Speedway

Saturday, March 28
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities
Dinner at the Track

Sunday, March 29
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities

This Event is Open to All Makes and Models

For Questions or additional information please contact Dell Hughes at dellcobra@yahoo.com

Larry95
02-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Joe,

Gary and I have already registered. What has happened to all the Southcentral SCMC track guys that were around when they got me started with this hobby a couple of years ago?

Larry

Andy M
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I registered yesterday and will be instructing. Come on gang, let's all go out and have some track fun! Carl, Larry F, Stan, and the rest of you track pukes - let's get with it and register!

Andy M
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Joe,

I just noticed we are running Clockwise this year!! :bounce: :thumbsup: Oh boy - pucker up into Turn One!!! :eek:

gfcobra
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Jeff, Dell & all the guys at TrackGuys always have great events & bring cool cars with them. I will see you'll at the track with my new toys. :thumbsup:
Thanks Gary.

Admiral
02-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm looking to register but the form on the TrackGuys website is from 2008 and a different event. I've emailed Dell to get the straight scoop on this but was wondering if they had an online registration form?

I like the prices on the 2008 form, hope they carry over to this event lol.

gfcobra
02-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Try this link:
http://www.motorsportreg.com
you will have to become a member, than you can registrar for the event.
Gary.

Admiral
02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Yikes, $315. The form on Trackguys for 2008 Hallet was $240. Price of poker is going up!

ORANGE CRUSH
02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I will be signing up real soon. :D

Exige
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm registered.. Looking forward to running CW again... Actually either direction is fine with me. Still need to work on my entry into turn 15.

Andy M
02-13-2009, 08:07 AM
It will be great to see all of you guys again! I have really missed the track scene. I've got a hall pass to go out and play with you guys! ;) I can't wait!! :bounce:

97CasperCobra
02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Was really thinking of showing up to this, but my step-brother's wedding is this weekend. I may try to come out and shoot some pics and hang out a little bit on Sunday if I can swing it.

Twice Bitten
02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I am starting to get jealous of you guys! :(

97CasperCobra
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I am starting to get jealous of you guys! :(
Why...you have THREE high performance Ford vehicles, 2 which should be driving on the track.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Twice Bitten
02-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Why...you have THREE high performance Ford vehicles, 2 which should be driving on the track.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

It has to do with FAMILY, not 3 high performance vehicles!

97CasperCobra
02-13-2009, 11:49 PM
It has to do with FAMILY, not 3 high performance vehicles!
Time to sell them then.... :p . Geez...you're getting grumpy in your old grey-bearded age!!!

Some may be jealous of your vehicles....those of us who know you are jealous of your wonderful family.... ;)

ORANGE CRUSH
02-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Time to sell them then.... :p . Geez...you're getting grumpy in your old grey-bearded age!!!

Some may be jealous of your vehicles....those of us who know you are jealous of your wonderful family.... ;)
Practice what you preach and go to the track, baby. What? you sceard of the Crush?:D

Admiral
02-14-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm out guys, the price is too high for me to justify with a race season already underway in Spec Miata. I may try and drive over for a visit on Saturday, hope you have great weather and a good/safe/FUN event!

97CasperCobra
02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Practice what you preach and go to the track, baby. What? you sceard of the Crush?:D
Scared of loosing the "Crush" in the turns the way I did at MSR??? Nope.....I'll rejoin you guys on the track soon.... :thumbsup:

JoeJ
02-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Mike, I still have the tri-ax shifter for your Mustang GT if you are interested. Come by and take a look at it if you come up on Sunday.

03 cobra toy
02-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry we can't make the SVTOA :( Going to Cabo San Lucas :D

Michael and I are going to TDE @ TWS 3/21-22

gfcobra
02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I am signed up for that event too. So, I will see you'll there getting more seat time in the new toy.
Gary

Admiral
02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Joe, I'll come by on Saturday hopefully if that's ok? Thanks for hanging on to the shifter all these months/years lol. Look forward to seeing you out at the track again.

Admiral
03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, scraped together funds for a one-day entry fee on Saturday. Now, where are those old 17" race tires.......................lol.

Andy M
03-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Mike,

Glad to hear you will be making it to TWS, if only one day! :thumbsup:

See you in a few weeks! :bounce:

gfcobra
03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a handful of KUMHO V710 275/40-17 that should be good for a day or two. You can have them for a twelve pack of Newcastle.

Gary

Admiral
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Gary,

Thanks for the offer but I have some brand new shaved Toyo RA-1's mounted and ready to rock and roll (I'm sure they will let me drive way above my talent level!). Look forward to seeing you guys out there and having a blast hanging out with the SVT faithful.

gfcobra
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Now I have to buy my own beer, for end of the day enjoyment.
Gary :(

JoeJ
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Mike,

It will be great seeing you again on the track. I think this will be a great event. Not too sure about running clockwise, as you sure get some speed up on the front straight. We will just have to be safe and take it easy going into the esses.

I still have the shifter in the original box (never opened). I have been saving it just for you..lol..

Exige
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Only a little over a week to go. Hopefully the weather will hold out and we can get some sunshine.. :)

Larry95
03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Anyone signed up for garages? Any thoughts on asking to be placed close to each other?

Exige
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Anyone signed up for garages? Any thoughts on asking to be placed close to each other?Ive got a garage...

Admiral
03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Here was the fuel pricing sign two weeks ago at TWS:

http://www.bns-racing.com/95cobra/twsfuel1.jpg

The other side said "First Born Accepted" :rotf:

ORANGE CRUSH
03-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Ive got a garage too. When we get signed up I guess we could ask to be placed next to one another.

gfcobra
03-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Dell sent out an email on Thursday asking about garage location requests. Everybody chime in, who has a garage & we'll get a garage list put together.
Gary