PDA

View Full Version : New Car

gfcobra
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
A new car was just added to the barn, a 2000 Cobra R #143.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=610

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=611

STACYSTANGZ
02-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow Congrats!!!! :eek:

97CasperCobra
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
awesome...congrats man!!! Looks dirty and.....colorful. :doubt:

Andy M
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Gary,

Congrats man!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: You will love the R. And now let the mods begin. It is an endless pit dude! unless of course you plan on leaving it stock? good luck with that! ;)

Where was this one located and when did you get it? is it all stock at this point? The first thing you should do is get a carbon fiber splitter. Do not try to track the car with the stock splitter on it It will tear at high speed. I know what I speak of. Just ask Joe Johnson too!

Where are the pics?...

gfcobra
02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks everybody. The car is great & by no means stock. Andy it is Scott Martinís old car. The car has the complete Kenny Brown setup front & rear K-members, coilovers the same setup Joe has on his car.

I am just having some regular maintenance done & some gauges added. I canít wait to get it out on the track. I am hoping to get some seat time before the SVTOA event. This car is going to handle so much better than my 04 cobra.

Thanks again Gary.:thumbsup:

Andy M
02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Very Cool!! :thumbsup: Great to see Scott's R land down here in TX! So, unless Scott sold it, he had one of my carbon fiber splitters attached. Not sure if he ever actually used it and he may have sold it by now.

So, you planning on driving this for the SVTOA event I assume? See you in March at TWS!

Congrats again!!

gfcobra
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
originally posted by 97CasperCobra
awesome...congrats man!!! Looks dirty and.....colorful.You like those yellow 95r replica wheels there yours for $50ea there are 2 & I will include the Hoosiers. Do I hear a volunteer to up with the clean up?

originally posted by Andy M
he had one of my carbon fiber splitters attached. Not sure if he ever actually used it and he may have sold it by now. Andy, I have the carbon fiber splitter. That is another thing we are do, bracing the front fascia to support it. I saw the write up on SVT performance very detailed, great information in there. If you have any pictures of what you did to your car, or any advice you can email me at garyf 'at' flexicoretx 'dot' com.

You are correct Scott never did get the splitter on the car. I had a little trouble test fitting the splitter, for varies reasons it was dark, trailer in the way. The brackets should all be the same, right? Should there be any adjustments the brackets to fit it to my car vs your car, do you have any special tricks.

Thanks Gary.

97CasperCobra
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
You like those yellow 95r replica wheels there yours for $50ea there are 2 & I will include the Hoosiers. Do I hear a volunteer to up with the clean up?
I think I'll pass on the rims...lol. I have 4 sets of rims myself... :D

As far as the clean-up....we'll talk after I move into my house. I've done a few Cobras/Mach 1/Ford GT in the club. :thumbsup:

Andy M
02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
You like those yellow 95r replica wheels there yours for $50ea there are 2 & I will include the Hoosiers. Do I hear a volunteer to up with the clean up?

Andy, I have the carbon fiber splitter. That is another thing we are do, bracing the front fascia to support it. I saw the write up on SVT performance very detailed, great information in there. If you have any pictures of what you did to your car, or any advice you can email me at garyf 'at' flexicoretx 'dot' com.

You are correct Scott never did get the splitter on the car. I had a little trouble test fitting the splitter, for varies reasons it was dark, trailer in the way. The brackets should all be the same, right? Should there be any adjustments the brackets to fit it to my car vs your car, do you have any special tricks.

Thanks Gary.Gary,

I will send you email shortly. keep in mind the cf splitter is quite a bit less rigid so it doesn't bend around like the originals did and therefore requires a little finesse getting on and off the car. you may need to adjust a few things though if it is being a real pain. You should get the car up in the air and then carefully place the splitter on the bumper cover to see where it may be binding, so you know what to adjust.

let me know if I can help... What part of town do you live in?

Andy M
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Gary,

The front facia reinforcement was done at Bumbera's on Hwy 6 south in Houston. THey also did Joe's R as well.

If you want to tackle this yourself, let me know. I can draw up something on a napkin and show you how they did it. Basically, they removed the front bumper cover and custom manufactured a kind of roll cage which also bolts up to the bottom frame of the car near the bottom of the radiator. This keeps the entire assembly from moving up and down during high speed driving with the splitter on the car. Without this reinforcement, the splitter could actually cause enough turbulence at 100+ mph to tear the attachment mount points.

Twice Bitten
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Gary,
what part of town do you live in? If you are anywhere the Northwest side, you could look at Rachels Y2k R. It have the front facia reinforcment as well.

Larry

03 cobra toy
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Nice car !! Congrats :thumbsup:

Firme
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Gary, very nice man!! Congratulations on the buy. :thumbsup: