View Full Version : rear end oil change question

02-07-2009, 02:48 PM
hey, my rear end was leaking, so I took the cover off, drained the oil, put the gasket stuff on, and buttoned it back up. I went to get the fill hole cap off, but apparantly the person that did my gear change stripped the cap, can't get anything to catch it. How am I going to get that booger off? I should have looked at it first, but didn't think anything about it being in bad shape.

02-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Are you saying the square hole is rounded out or the threads for the plug are stripped out?

02-08-2009, 07:50 AM
the square hole is rounded out. It looks like I can get a alluminum cover, with drain hole, and fill hole for about $150. I didn't want to spend the money, but looks like I don't have many options. :(

02-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Do you have access to a welder?

02-08-2009, 10:47 AM
no, I have found a rear end cover, made for Mac Performance for $99.99

02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
You can pull the cover back off and use an "ease out" to get the plug out but personally, I'd probably just opt for the $99.00 cover.

02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
You can get fairly large EZ outs from Harbor Freight or somewhere like that. See if you can find one that fits inside the rounded out square.