PDA

View Full Version : 03 ABS controller problems

Andy M
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Can anyone here confirm a part number for me? >> XR3Z 2C286 EA

The ABS controller (at least this is what I think Ford calls it) is leaking like a big dog from the little black seal on the side of the pump facing the radiator.

I went to my local Ford Dealership and he gave me this part number and printed out the diagram with a picture but the picture does not match up perfectly with the real part on the car. It started leaking not long ago and now is leaking alot. I have to put fluid in it every time I drive it.

Has any one here had issues like this with a Terminator?.... I assume that the ABS module is sold separate from the controller pump, right? The guy at the parts counter told me the controller (part number above) was $935.00 :eek: Yikes!!!

Andy M
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
The ABS hydraulic controller (part# XR3Z-2C286-EA) module is leaking. I have one on order and will have it installed next week. By the way, in case anyone else has this problem, you must bleed the ABS once installed and that requires a Ford specific computer device. just fyi:

cobrabitn
02-12-2009, 09:02 PM
The Ford techs have to open via computer certain lines and close others in order to "bleed" the ABS unit. Most shops do not have the capability to do that, hence, you have to bring it to a Ford dealership.