PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fusion Hybrid Tops Camry, Prius in Comparisons

cobrabitn
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
If you're in the market for an ultra fuel-efficient hybrid that makes a convincing family sedan, your best choice has always been a Toyota -- until now. Toyota's Camry Hybrid and Prius have been the only realistic alternatives for many. Most American-built hybrids simply haven't matched their fuel economy, and the Nissan Altima Hybrid remains rare and hard to find.

A new entrant in the contest, however, may have knocked the Toyotas from their lofty perch

Read the full story here:

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/853/ford-fusion-hybrid-tops-camry-prius-in-comparisons

johnbasf
02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Looks great. We really like our Fusion...

SvilleCobra
03-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I just saw the new Fusion Hybrid at the Cleveland Auto Show this past week. Simply incredible technology and interior gauges on this car....Ford got it right.

Remove the luxury brands (BMW, Audi, etc...) from the equation and Ford had the best lineup of vehicles top to bottom in my opinion. Many others I spoke to this week after attending the show felt the same way. They have not taken a dime of gov't money as of yet, are restructuring & paying off debt, have the best car line up, and A. Mulalley simply knows what he is doing - a great leader not afraid to make hard decisions and knows what he is doing. Ford survives this economic crisis and thrives.

More on the car show...
The new Taurus and Taurus SHO are really nice....SHO on my wish list now. The Mustang beats the Challenger and Camaro as an overall package easily. The comparisons to the competition are easy and Ford wins them...F150, Escape, Edge, the upcoming Fiesta/Verve, etc... I am more of a Ford guy than ever now.

GM and Chrysler lineups are emabarassing. GM is rumored to be closing Saturn?! Are you kidding...its their best lineup top to bottom. Buick also should be kept. Close Chevy, Pontiac as they only have a couple vehicles each that stand a chance ( Vette, Camaro, Cobalt, G8 )
Chrysler was just a joke...even the Jeeps look dated and old technology. Not sure what is worth saving there.

Ford's biggest competition is Toyota and Honda at this point.