PDA

View Full Version : Dyno tuned at VMP

totenkopf13
02-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Very pleased w/ the numbers. Mods are 2.8 pulley, aftermarket exhaust, intake, plenum, MAF, & throttlebody.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/totenkopf13/SVT%20COBRA/jerry03cobraVMPgraph.jpg

Andy M
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Very nice!! :thumbsup:

I've got a silver 03 as well. Last time it was on the dyno, it made 466 HP at the rear wheels. Amazing how powerful you can make these cars with so little tuning huh?!

By the way, what are the rims on your Cobra? I am looking around at the aftermarket and am thinking about 18" Bullit deep dishes (9" in front and 10" in rear) with Anthracite centers.....

totenkopf13
02-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Very nice!! :thumbsup:

I've got a silver 03 as well. Last time it was on the dyno, it made 466 HP at the rear wheels. Amazing how powerful you can make these cars with so little tuning huh?!

By the way, what are the rims on your Cobra? I am looking around at the aftermarket and am thinking about 18" Bullit deep dishes (9" in front and 10" in rear) with Anthracite centers.....
Thanks Andy. Yeah these cars are definitely special. My wheels are 18x9 & 18x10 Saleen replicas. They are hypercoated (black chrome) finish. I had a set of DD AFS Bullitt rims 17x9 & 17x10.5 on my prior Mustang & loved them. If you decide to go with the bullitts on your Cobra, I too agree w/ the anthracite choice. That will look good w/ the silver. :cool:

totenkopf13
02-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Andy- here is a link w/ some more pics of my car/wheels if you are interested. http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com (http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com/)

cfradam
02-17-2009, 09:29 PM
VMP does a great job. I'll be heading there soon for a retune. what part of town are you in?

Adam

Andy M
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Andy- here is a link w/ some more pics of my car/wheels if you are interested. http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com (http://totenkopf13.gotstang.com/)
Nice pics! Your 03 is beautiful, but then again, I am partial to silver! :rolleyes:

I just noticed you have 4.10 gears. WOW! :eek: How the heck do you keep it from absolutely roasting the rear tires every time you take off? I am very traction challenged with 3.73 gears, so I can only imagine how much more acceleration you have with 4.10's. By the way, I have my car set up for road racing so it has a full Maximum Motorsport coilover set up which works wonderfully. The car feels 500 pounds lighter than a stock Cobra and turns in immediately. Body roll is very minimal now and it doesn't push like it used to. Very neutral! I also have the Evans water pump and full cooling system upgrade including a Fluidyne racing radiator and thermostat relocation. I also have a large air/fan cooled oil cooler mounted inside the drivers side fender well. The car is amazing on the track. I used to own a 2000 Cobra R which I tracked and raced. This car handles better, and is noticably faster than the R was. The R was certainly a great car and I will always miss it, but I am having a ton of fun with the Terminator.

totenkopf13
02-18-2009, 06:33 PM
VMP does a great job. I'll be heading there soon for a retune. what part of town are you in?

Adam
Lake Mary. Are you going to the Waterford Lakes show on Sat?

totenkopf13
02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice pics! Your 03 is beautiful, but then again, I am partial to silver! :rolleyes:

I just noticed you have 4.10 gears. WOW! :eek: How the heck do you keep it from absolutely roasting the rear tires every time you take off? I am very traction challenged with 3.73 gears, so I can only imagine how much more acceleration you have with 4.10's. By the way, I have my car set up for road racing so it has a full Maximum Motorsport coilover set up which works wonderfully. The car feels 500 pounds lighter than a stock Cobra and turns in immediately. Body roll is very minimal now and it doesn't push like it used to. Very neutral! I also have the Evans water pump and full cooling system upgrade including a Fluidyne racing radiator and thermostat relocation. I also have a large air/fan cooled oil cooler mounted inside the drivers side fender well. The car is amazing on the track. I used to own a 2000 Cobra R which I tracked and raced. This car handles better, and is noticably faster than the R was. The R was certainly a great car and I will always miss it, but I am having a ton of fun with the Terminator.
Wow- that sounds like a great RR setup. I saw in your sig before that you had owned a 00 R. That was like a Holy Grail for the Mustang/Cobra. I actually had a Spintech side kit w/ replica R tips on my 02. as I liked the look of the naked sides. I never drove a R only touched them at car shows-lol.

As far as the 4.10s, :doh2: I forgot to remove that from the website. When I bought the car, I was told that along w/ other mods, it had a ported blower & 4.10s. I realized that it didn't have a ported blower and when the car was on the dyno when 4.10 was plugged in the speedo went crazy, it has the stock 3.55s. I just changed the website. I had 4.10s in my prior Mustang, it was supercharged and was an auto. I had a hard time believing that the Cobra had the gear swap, but the dynotune confirmed it. I will probably go with some steeper gears here pretty soon though.

cfradam
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Lake Mary. Are you going to the Waterford Lakes show on Sat?
no I am going to the Lightning- harley GTG at old town on Sat. My buddy is one of the sponsors for waterford. stop by Miller Performance tent and check some of there stuff out. BTW I'm in Longwood

Adam

totenkopf13
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
no I am going to the Lightning- harley GTG at old town on Sat. My buddy is one of the sponsors for waterford. stop by Miller Performance tent and check some of there stuff out. BTW I'm in Longwood

Adam
I 'll check it out. We'll have to meet up somewhere/sometime.