PDA

View Full Version : Tuners?

cbj5259
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys...
Let me first start by saying that I'm not the biggest "gearhead" around. I'm a begginer and kind of learning as I go along. I have recently done some minor mods to my screaming yellow 04 and am interested in getting a tuner. The car has high flow cats from the previous owner and SLP LM1 catback exhaust. I recently installed a JLT CAI. Thats all thats been done. My question is this: Should I get a tuner for the car? If so, which one(s) do you recommend? I'm not planning on doing much else as far as mods go. Will a tuner help with the current setup or should I just leave it alone? Thanks for your help.:)

cobrabitn
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
You just need to have your computer reflashed and don't need a chip or tuner. Your snake is probably running lean right now.

cbj5259
02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok...Thanks. From what I have been reading, I thought that might be true. When you buy this stuff, they say you can just "bolt it on and go" but I don't think thats the real story. Thats why I was interested in a tuner or chip to correct any potential problem. I will look into getting the computer reflashed. Thanks for the advice!

cfradam
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
If you still at stock boost levels and your just changing your air intake set up and a little on the exhaust, you'll be fine without a tuner. almost every cobra I've seen at stock boost levels run a richer tune(11.2-11.6). ford makes sure that its delivered that way just to be safe and not cause them any warranty problems.

Adam

cbj5259
02-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Ok...I appreciate the advice. I may just end up getting one anyway, because people keep trying to talk me into a smaller pulley. Thanks.