PDA

View Full Version : Alternator

RF Cobra
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Any Terminator owners that have had alternator issues find a good one to recommend? Found out Sat. mine is only putting out 12 volts max. so that limited the tuning that was done.

It's been suggested that I go ahead and get a 200 amp one to allow for future mods but I don't know whose brand have proven to be reliable for either a stock replacement or 200 amp alternator.

cfradam
03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
make sure you compare apples to apples. not all alts are equal when it comes to internal parts. I would stay away from all the lifetime warranty units and even the PA brand.I'll post a thread that you can read about some of the differences and what to look for. good luck

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115494&highlight=start+charge

Adam

RF Cobra
03-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks. That helps in providing info. Scary though to see people having so much trouble with them. My original alternator was replaced under warranty shortly after I bought the car, but its a little past the warranty now.

cfradam
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I havnt had to replace mine yet, but I have done the research so I'm prepared when its time.Its amazing that with as many people that have had repeated problems that Ford hasnt done a TSB on them

Adam

RF Cobra
03-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Anyone have any specific recommendations on ones that seem to work?

I'm now pressed for time as we had a death in the family this week and will be going to Arlington on Monday for the funeral and need to get it replaced quickly.