PDA

View Full Version : battery losses charge-98 Cobra

crawdaddy
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi I have a stock 98 cobra and the battery will not hold a charge...I have figured out the circut that is the problem is the HD LPS 50 amp that controls the exerior lamps and I/P fuse panel....I figured this out but putting a test light between the negative tirmnal and battery neg..and when I pull that fuse the light goes out......can anyone help me figure what my problem is....hopefully someone has knowledge of this happening to another cobra and knows the fix Thanks ahead for any comments Dave

cobrabitn
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Is the battery holding a charge when you recharge it? In other words will it go to 12.5 volts or not? If not then the battery is probably dead.

Did you check all of the connections to the battery and block for corrosion? (This is the biggest culprit of batteries not holding a charge because the cables are corroded.)

crawdaddy
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Ahh thanks for the info...dahhh I should have thought to check the basic grounding to start with.....oh can you tellme a good service manuel for the cobra.....thanks again .. c'dad :D

cobrabitn
03-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Nothing beats factory manuals:

http://www.auto-repair-manuals.com/1998_Ford_Car_Auto_Repair_Factory_Manuals_CDs.html